PDA

View Full Version : BAREFOOT i need you....98 civic b18b swap wiring help

dallasb84
09-20-2009, 02:13 AM
well i got the whole swap in today. and pulled the d series out.

its a 98 civic non vetec ex 5 speed. and i installed a b18b in.

most of the plugs are going in problem is that some reach and some dont......so. heres my little problem. when i removed all the plugs from the d series i didnt pay attention to what i was taking off and so forth so now im a bit lost.

you gave me a link to the 98 integra owners manual in pdf format for my tranny rebuild but i think tomorrow i might need the civics too. so i can identify all those pesky plugs.

i need to hit this beotch from both holes so if you could get me that info id be most grateful.

for anyone thats familiar with this swap please chime in any do's, donts, advice, and so forth. i wanna wrap this part of the job up tommorrow......

why didnt honda put the b18 in the civic..... it looks so nice.

dallasb84
09-20-2009, 02:13 AM
also what do i do about the lack of a knock sensor on the b18?

lude66
09-20-2009, 02:56 AM
theres a company called rywire check them out

dallasb84
09-20-2009, 02:58 AM
theres a company called rywire check them out

srsly:screwy:

Barefoot
09-20-2009, 08:12 AM
most of the plugs are going in problem is that some reach and some dont......so. heres my little problem. when i removed all the plugs from the d series i didnt pay attention to what i was taking off and so forth so now im a bit lost.

you gave me a link to the 98 integra owners manual in pdf format for my tranny rebuild but i think tomorrow i might need the civics too. so i can identify all those pesky plugs.as long as u dont run into the same problem he did. http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254873

for anyone thats familiar with this swap please chime in any do's, donts, advice, and so forth. i wanna wrap this part of the job up tommorrow......

the swap is pretty straight forward.
also what do i do about the lack of a knock sensor on the b18?u will be using the b18b ecu so the knock sensor will not be used.

the wires that dont reach. will need to be extended. cut, add wire, solder, and then heat shrink.

98blackcivic
09-20-2009, 11:53 AM
i think barefoot should start charging $1 for each inquiry

Slomaro Z28
09-20-2009, 11:57 AM
why didnt honda put the b18 in the civic..... it looks so nice.

Because they put a B16 in it :screwy:

J/K good luck getting your stuff worked out.

dallasb84
09-20-2009, 01:27 PM
Because they put a B16 in it :screwy:

J/K good luck getting your stuff worked out.

yeah but then id have vtak and .2 less displasmentasianisms:tongue1:

thank you barefoot you da nicka

dallasb84
09-21-2009, 02:18 AM
got the motor to run but the ecu was blinkin cel like crazy...... my internet was down at the most critical time so i had no access to anything online....

i got mad plugs mixed up lol :) but ill get em straight hopefully. i searched earlier this evening for a wiring diagram with color codes but came up with nothin. imagine that. so i pressed forward....

right now i got the motor running on the d series ecu until i get all the plugs figured out. i dont want to damage the ls ecu. i lengthened most of the plug wires so i can reach just about anywhere in the engine bay if need be so its kinda a mess. its fuked up how so many of the plugs match different sensors.

:) im content so far but i really need to find the right wiring diagram for the non vtec d16.

so far so goodie

404 THE DC4
09-21-2009, 11:31 AM
NVM PLS DELETE THIS POST. tks

Barefoot
09-21-2009, 11:41 AM
should be about the same less vtec and knock wires.

http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251966&highlight=diagram

dallasb84
09-21-2009, 01:20 PM
thats what im hoping.... im running into another issue for the ckf sensor..... from what ive read the ckf sensor fix doesnt work and will still throw a code.....secondly i dont like the idea of bypassing the sensor alltogether.....

what i did was spliced the two wire to the three wire......

blue (ground to ecu) to blue red

white to white red

black to brown and to metal shielding jacket......

hopefully it works..... ive been looking for a splice how to but came up short again.