PDA

View Full Version : Got any electrical gurus in here?

.blank cd
09-19-2009, 11:53 PM
You know how you see on some of these new cars with Daytime Running Lights(DRL's) and it looks like its the bright lights but a whole lot dimmer, can I slap a resistor on my bright lights to achieve this look? US accords didnt come with Daytime Running Lights but the canadian ones did, and they want like 500 bucks for the system, but my bright lights would still be fully functional

Any insight to this matter would be appreciated! :goodjob:

NeWTRouBLeArMy
09-21-2009, 07:05 PM
i would say just buy the kit if you really want DRLs but dont go and reduce your nighttime visability by dimming your brights just for looks

Slomaro Z28
09-21-2009, 07:11 PM
Just hop in and turn your headlights on every time you drive. :goodjob: It'll be the cheapest and easiest way.

Bus Driver J
09-21-2009, 07:20 PM
This is how the Subaru WRX does it (non-HID). They have a resistor on the ground for the low beam bulb.

.blank cd
09-21-2009, 07:39 PM
i would say just buy the kit if you really want DRLs but dont go and reduce your nighttime visability by dimming your brights just for looks
It wont effect my nighttime visibility, just my ability to use the bright lights if I do it my way. The low beam lights will still be fully functional

Bus Driver J
09-21-2009, 11:16 PM
....did you not look at the diagram?

If you do it that was you will have full functionality of both. You use a 5 prong relay and have the NC circuit hooked to the DTR resistor. When the headlights are turned on, the relay switches to full ground for the low beam. No loss of anything.