PDA

View Full Version : i give up! 94 passport trouble codes.

jmmx258
09-19-2009, 09:35 PM
Yes, barefoot I searched.

94 passport
3.2 v6
auto

was throwing code 80-someting, idr what, but it was the trans control module. changed it. code 80-something, i think 84 is gone.

now, its throwing codes 52 and 32. called the honda dealer, they told me they'd hook it up for 80 bucks.

so, anybody know what code 32 and 52 mean?

symptoms are as follows:

i can put it in drive, and it will barely move, almost as if it were in its winter mode setting. if i put the car in low and shift it by hand it goes however, when i shift it, it acts like the trans is slipping. i've already done fluid and filter as well. (dex 6)

reps to the winning bid lol

Barefoot
09-20-2009, 01:01 AM
lol i wasnt going to say anything we had a deal. that an i dont think this has ever been asked.

code 32

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/partsforsale/other/62630530.gif

Circuit Description

* The 2-3 Solenoid is a simple "ON"/"OFF" Solenoid located in the main case valve body. The Solenoid is normally the open-type. In First or Second Gear the Transmission Control Module (TCM) energizes the Solenoid to close a fluid inlet port. When the port is open, fluid pressure actuates the shift valve.
* The Solenoid is activated by a current. This current is produced by applying a voltage to one side (the High side) and a ground to the other side (Low side).
* The High Side Driver (HSD) is a circuit of the TCM that acts as a switch between the Solenoids and the supply voltage. The High side of the Solenoid is permanently supplied with voltage, except in Backup Mode or when Ignition is "OFF" the HSD is turned OFF.
* The TCM continually monitors the Solenoid connection to its Low Side Drivers (LSD) for either low or high voltage. The LSD is a circuit of the TCM that is used as a switch between the Solenoid and ground. When the Solenoid is commanded "ON" the TCM is switching the Solenoid to ground.
* There are two tests of the LSD: When the Engine is cranked (DTC 82) and when the Ignition is turned "ON" (DTC 32).
* When the Ignition is turned "ON", and before the Engine is cranked, the TCM activates the shift Solenoids (1-2/3-4, 2-3 and Band) to check for short circuits or open circuits. To do so the Gear is set to 4th, 3rd, 1st, 1st with band apply, 4th with no HSD. Each one of the 5 tests requires 0.15 seconds. If the Engine is cranked before the end of all tests, the remaining tests are not

Diagnostic Aids

* This diagnostic is an electrical test done by the TCM.
* Detection Conditions:

1. The Solenoid low side connected to TCM Terminal A3 is shorted to ground or open.
2. The test is only done when Ignition is "ON".
3. Engine Speed is less than 480 rpm (not cranked) and output speed is equal to 0 rpm.
4. The conditions need to be present for 0.15 to 0.88 seconds after Ignition Switch is "ON".

o Action After The Detection Time:
o Backup Mode.
o Recovery Conditions:
o To recover do an Ignition Cycle.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/partsforsale/other/62630531.gif

code 52

This Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) does not flash the "CHECK TRANS" Indicator and does not set the Backup Mode.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/partsforsale/other/62631038.gif

Circuit Description

* When the driver presses the Accelerator Pedal down fully, the Kick Down Switch closes, sending a ground signal to the Transmission Control Module (TCM) .
* This information is used to do shifts with a high Engine speed rpm.
* When the Kick Down Switch is closed the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) is already at 100%.

Diagnostic Aids

* This diagnostic is not an electrical test done by the TCM but a test between different information ("logic test").
* Detection Conditions:

1. Kick Down Switch "ON" (short to ground) and TPS less than 70%.
2. No malfunction: TPS short to voltage or ground (DTC 21 and DTC 22).
3. The conditions need to be present for at least 1 second.

o Action After The Detection Time:
o Kick Down information not taken into account.
o Recovery Conditions:
o To recover, Kick Down needs to be seen as "OFF" during detection time.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/partsforsale/other/147975507.gif

Intermittent Conditions

If the TECH 1 displays a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) as intermittent, or if after a test drive a DTC does not reappear though the detection conditions for this DTC are present: the problem is most likely a faulty electrical connection or loose wiring. Terminals and grounds should always be the prime suspect. Intermittents rarely occur inside sophisticated electronic components such as the Transmission Control Module (TCM) . Use the DTC information to understand which wires and sensors are involved.

When an intermittent problem is encountered, check suspect circuits for:

* Poor terminal to wire connection.
* Terminals not fully seated in the connector body (backed out).
* Improperly formed or damaged terminals.
* Loose, dirty, or corroded ground connections.

TIP: Any time you have an intermittent in more than one circuit, check whether the circuits share a common ground connection.

* Pinched or damaged wires.
* Electro-Magnetic Interference (EMI) .

TIP: Check that all wires are properly routed away from spark plug wires, distributor wires, coil, and generator. Also check for improperly installed electrical options, such as lights, 2-way radios, etc.

Use the F3: Snapshot Mode of the TECH 1 to help isolate the cause of an intermittent fault. The Snapshot Mode will record information before and after the problem occurs. Set the snapshot to "trigger" on the suspect DTC or, if you notice the reported symptom during test drive, trigger the snapshot manually.

NOTE: When TECH 1 is plugged in the shifts are always done at the maximum pressure. This means that if you do Snapshot while driving you will notice firm shifts.

After the Snapshot has been triggered, command the TECH 1 to play back the flow of data recorded from each of the various sensors. Signs of an intermittent fault in a sensor circuit are sudden unexplainable jump in data values out of the normal range.

If the problem is still not solved refer to TCM MEM-CAL Replacement. See: Control Module, A/T\Service and Repair

jmmx258
09-20-2009, 07:25 AM
gotta spread. thanks though. i even tried googling lol