PDA

View Full Version : IS this possible

98blackcivic
09-19-2009, 04:05 PM
so this question is really noobish...

now that i have my car back, when i engage vtec, it does not sound as loud as it used to. i mean sohc vtec is not loud as dual cams, but audible enough to where one can tell the difference easily...
well now it just does not sound as voluptuous as it did before
so can the decible of the crossover be changed by changed made in the engine?

another friend of mine has a gsr and also complains that his vtec does not sound as loud as it should(no fart cannon)

explain

BTEC
09-19-2009, 04:07 PM
what kinda changes did u make

98blackcivic
09-19-2009, 04:13 PM
we tried to do a head swap, took solenoid off...put it on another head....then took the car to a mechanic, he fixed and put the original head on(solenoid too), then replaced headgasket, bolts, timing belt and water pump...

nothing major....but my question is, is it possible for the sound to be be less loud?

BTEC
09-19-2009, 04:16 PM
yeah. but ive only seen pppl talk about the sound changing after doing something that affects the exhaust. cams, header, exhaust piping, different turbos, stuff like that. are u sure its actually going into vtec?

98blackcivic
09-19-2009, 04:29 PM
yea i kno the sound, but its just not as loud as it used to be...i just put my stock muffler back on because without muffler it sounded like a fart can and vtecs not as loud...ill have to engage vtec with the muffler on which im gonna keep on cuz it always used to sound loud wit the muffler on...idk how to explain that

but yea

D3UC3S
09-19-2009, 04:31 PM
good vtec engagement point should not be that audible. Should be a smooth engagement...perhaps it is actually running better now that you have done a little work.

Barefoot
09-19-2009, 05:18 PM
does it feel like there is a power loss. vtec sound or as some call it vtec kick doesnt really mean shit.

98blackcivic
09-19-2009, 05:41 PM
i kno..
but i really really like the sound of vtec and love mine cuz it always was pretty loud wit only intake and header!

Barefoot
09-19-2009, 05:45 PM
i kno..
but i really really like the sound of vtec and love mine cuz it always was pretty loud wit only intake and header!those days are gone. make friends with the new sound of your vtec.