PDA

View Full Version : Spark plugs went bad fast.

j0nbunklah0m
09-19-2009, 03:01 PM
So a few days ago my car was like breakin up at around 4k rpms. I figured it was my spark plugs, because i havent changed them in a while(they ended up being burnt up n old). Once i changed them everything ran fine. But now it started doing the same thing again. I jus went to look at the spark plugs and they're really black and it has been less than 1k miles. What would cause this?
I used NGK plugs before and they lasted me forever. Right now i have in BOSCH plugs because i couldnt get the ngk ones gapped right.

Car- Honda civic w/ B16
Problem- Spark plugs went bad real quick.. WHY?:thinking:

thanks n reps for help

wrekonize
09-19-2009, 03:05 PM
my fuel pressure regulator went bad once and kept burning my plugs up. it was making my car run rich so that's a possibility

j0nbunklah0m
09-19-2009, 03:06 PM
my fuel pressure regulator went bad once and kept burning my plugs up. it was making my car run rich so that's a possibility

kool, thanks. i'll have to look into that :(

BTEC
09-19-2009, 03:13 PM
you let the ppl at autozone talk you into to buying the bosch plugs? LOL!! get new ngk's and that should fix ur problem.

ItsBlack
09-19-2009, 03:32 PM
Last time I bought NGK's they went bad real fast, I ended up going back to the cheap autolites and they work fine. I never tried Bosch but I've only heard bad things..

edit: wait, I did try Bosch gapless plugs. They didn't last long either

BTEC
09-19-2009, 03:37 PM
ive swapped out bosch plugs in all kinda cars bc they usually only work good in vw and audi cars.
Ive used ngk in all my engines and never had a problem at all. Hondas always get ngk imo. U have to get the right ngk's for ur car though, not just any of em.

ItsBlack
09-19-2009, 03:42 PM
yeah, they (advance auto counter guy) told me which ones I needed

j0nbunklah0m
09-19-2009, 03:48 PM
you let the ppl at autozone talk you into to buying the bosch plugs? LOL!! get new ngk's and that should fix ur problem.

yea kuz i needed my car running and they only had the NGK's that needed to be gapped. n i was like, ok show me how to gap them, and they ended up bending the tips on 3 plugs. so i was like w.e ill just get the bosch's

BTEC
09-19-2009, 03:52 PM
yea kuz i needed my car running and they only had the NGK's that needed to be gapped. n i was like, ok show me how to gap them, and they ended up bending the tips on 3 plugs. so i was like w.e ill just get the bosch's

they didnt know how to gap plugs, dnt surprise me though. but im pretty sure if u get ngks back in it itll be fine. the boschs arent buring ur fuel completely and fouling out bc they dnt have and electrode (that pointy thing in the middle). i think that is the issue with them. not sure y they work good in vw'a and audi though.

D3UC3S
09-19-2009, 06:39 PM
NGK R....honda's love em and they are the cheapest ones:)

jmmx258
09-19-2009, 09:42 PM
NGK R....honda's love em and they are the cheapest ones:)
thats a resistor plug.

did you happen to change your plug wires, cap, and or rotor? could be crapped out and not gettin you enough spark.

dallasb84
09-23-2009, 03:33 AM
boshes are junkkkkkkkkkkkk

go back to ngk.... or a copper core.

platinum and iridium are garbage too

marcos713
09-23-2009, 09:26 AM
i use ngk iridium plugs everytime and never had problems :goodjob:
but yea boshes suck and shouldnt be used in a honda

Hondatwin23
09-23-2009, 06:58 PM
i just picked up the v power or something ngk's now i need a distributor cap, rotor and wires