PDA

View Full Version : need a job?

PROŽ
09-19-2009, 08:38 AM
well, delta is hiring for ramp.

Baggage Handler/Ramp Operator (Ready Reserve)

https://delta.greatjob.net/jobs/JobDescRequestAction.action?PSUID=8d5587cb-22aa-4bb9-9c35-85880fe49103

NOTE: this is a ready reserve position meaning that you work a max of 999 hours a year.

i work at the gates, but i believe they start people out at 10.82...don't quote me.

goodluck:goodjob:

deathrex
09-19-2009, 11:43 AM
hemmmm foot in the door then work for delta as a pilot when i finish my degree? im already a commercial pilot!

Bigt8aford
09-19-2009, 11:47 AM
Okay, I applied. About to call.

PSINXS
09-21-2009, 05:56 PM
its the most dangerous job and you get NO benefits. andu have to face all the weather. i had this job sewn up but turned it down once i found out the only perk was flight vouchers. i need my health insurance.

Bigt8aford
09-22-2009, 09:50 AM
Well I had the phone interview yesterday, and I finished online application. It sounds like it had its up and downs. What are my chances of being moved to full time work?

Barefoot
09-22-2009, 01:39 PM
Well I had the phone interview yesterday, and I finished online application. It sounds like it had its up and downs. What are my chances of being moved to full time work?
ive worked for delta gse. let me tell yah they have a high turn around. they get 50-100+ new ramp workers a week. when i went for my interview there was 3 people for gse. for ramp every bit of 75 people. the background test is hard for a lot of them to pass. so they work for a week then there shit comes back and they are fired. a lot of them wash out because of the weather when its cold out there its fucking cold and when its 100 outside on the ramp well over 110. ramp get no respect. they i just u can say are at the bottom. an that sux because they are the base of everything. they are under paid dont get enough hours and have to work in really really fucked up conditions. if u think your going to be able to join just for the buddy passes. good luck you will find out they arent worth it the first time u go to use them.

deathrex
09-22-2009, 03:03 PM
ive worked for delta gse. let me tell yah they have a high turn around. they get 50-100+ new ramp workers a week. when i went for my interview there was 3 people for gse. for ramp every bit of 75 people. the background test is hard for a lot of them to pass. so they work for a week then there shit comes back and they are fired. a lot of them wash out because of the weather when its cold out there its fucking cold and when its 100 outside on the ramp well over 110. ramp get no respect. they i just u can say are at the bottom. an that sux because they are the base of everything. they are under paid dont get enough hours and have to work in really really fucked up conditions. if u think your going to be able to join just for the buddy passes. good luck you will find out they arent worth it the first time u go to use them.

Agreed. I work in the aviation industry and it's pretty much true. A similar job getting the same pay for less work would be a lineman at a smaller company at a small airport. ie: Georgia jet landmark aviation. Fuel planes chock them help with baggage. Other than that you get paid to sit arround and shoot the shit. Your in an office or hanger out of the weather. Some places offer full benefits. You get more hours. And you get the same pay if not more. If I remember correctly when landmark out of lzu was hiring linemen the pay was 15.75 an hour plus full benefits.

Barefoot
09-22-2009, 03:13 PM
If I remember correctly when landmark out of lzu was hiring linemen the pay was 15.75 an hour plus full benefits.thats more than gse got for starting pay.

Bigt8aford
09-25-2009, 11:55 PM

Oh, thanks for the look out. I just need to get my foot in the door some where. Ingles isn't going any where for me.

Agreed. I work in the aviation industry and it's pretty much true. A similar job getting the same pay for less work would be a lineman at a smaller company at a small airport. ie: Georgia jet landmark aviation. Fuel planes chock them help with baggage. Other than that you get paid to sit arround and shoot the shit. Your in an office or hanger out of the weather. Some places offer full benefits. You get more hours. And you get the same pay if not more. If I remember correctly when landmark out of lzu was hiring linemen the pay was 15.75 an hour plus full benefits.

Can you give me any information on the job you're talking about? I live in Winder but I drive to Gwinnett all the time so distance is no biggie.

BluesClues
09-26-2009, 12:09 AM
I've got a friend who has been working the ramp for several years now and he has hurt himself (since I've known him) twice severely. I don't understand how he does it. He is always working no matter what, but he doesn't complain :dunno:

IntegraXTR
09-26-2009, 09:01 PM
I've got a friend who has been working the ramp for several years now and he has hurt himself (since I've known him) twice severely. I don't understand how he does it. He is always working no matter what, but he doesn't complain :dunno:

to some ppl like myself, work is work. Some jobs are tough and harsh, but its really just in the mind. Now these days its hard to find any job that pays $10 and up hourly so what's the point of having a job if you're just going to come in and complain about it. Sounds like your friend is a hard worker, those people are hard to come by these days.

redblackfan
09-28-2009, 03:13 PM
allright lets see if i get a job with delta

TicketRedBB6
09-28-2009, 04:34 PM
I had a phone interview for this position and then got called in for an in-person interview. At the time (march/april), it was 3 days a week for 18 hours total, part time with no benefits. They werent sure what shift they were hiring for at the time. They said full time was possible after XX amount of months. I think pay was around 9.50/10.50, don't remember.

Like someone else said it seemed to have its ups and downs, i was looking for full time work so i didnt go through with the application process.
Good luck to whoever goes through with it.

PROŽ
09-28-2009, 06:12 PM
to some ppl like myself, work is work. Some jobs are tough and harsh, but its really just in the mind. Now these days its hard to find any job that pays $10 and up hourly so what's the point of having a job if you're just going to come in and complain about it. Sounds like your friend is a hard worker, those people are hard to come by these days.

^exactly.

I had a phone interview for this position and then got called in for an in-person interview. At the time (march/april), it was 3 days a week for 18 hours total, part time with no benefits. They werent sure what shift they were hiring for at the time. They said full time was possible after XX amount of months. I think pay was around 9.50/10.50, don't remember.

Like someone else said it seemed to have its ups and downs, i was looking for full time work so i didnt go through with the application process.
Good luck to whoever goes through with it.

^what he said.

oh btw...pay is 10.82 and full time is possible(on need basis) after 6 months.

FTMFL
09-29-2009, 04:09 AM
Ingles isn't going any where for me.
Ingles blows, man. I admit it's the easiest job I've ever had but it's really not worth it after 2 years. Hope you get out soon enough lol.

TicketRedBB6
09-29-2009, 04:59 AM
^exactly.

^what he said.

oh btw...pay is 10.82 and full time is possible(on need basis) after 6 months.
I thought it was 6 but didnt want to say without being sure.
Another thing that turned me off was that if you go through with the process and dont get accepted, or if you get the job and quit, you cant apply for any other delta job for like 6 months. So if youre hoping for another delta job you may want to consider that.

Riceboy891
09-29-2009, 07:14 PM
My dad has worked for delta for 22 years( in flight control, not the ramp) but he has worked the ramp for other airlines when he was a kid, and a few years back I worked the ramp for delta. I loved it, i just had to leave because of school. But somedays you will be worked, but there were days when i had one flight all day, played cards, watched movies, all kinds of stuff. I had a blast. Even the work wasnt bad, you get some exercise, meet some interesting people, and can get your foot in the door to move to more career oriented positions in the company. Plus theres nothing like the smell of jet fuel in the morning!!!

redblackfan
10-01-2009, 09:29 AM
so how long does it take after the phone interview?

Bigt8aford
10-01-2009, 01:20 PM
so how long does it take after the phone interview?

Maybe 6 days. Depends.

My dad has worked for delta for 22 years( in flight control, not the ramp) but he has worked the ramp for other airlines when he was a kid, and a few years back I worked the ramp for delta. I loved it, i just had to leave because of school. But somedays you will be worked, but there were days when i had one flight all day, played cards, watched movies, all kinds of stuff. I had a blast. Even the work wasnt bad, you get some exercise, meet some interesting people, and can get your foot in the door to move to more career oriented positions in the company. Plus theres nothing like the smell of jet fuel in the morning!!!

Dude sounds great. I love the smell of high octane fuel!

Ingles blows, man. I admit it's the easiest job I've ever had but it's really not worth it after 2 years. Hope you get out soon enough lol.

Yeah I busted my ass for $7.75/hr. I have experience in every dept but not enought to get promoted.

Well I had my first in person interview today. It was me along with about 10 other people. I was one of the first of three taken for the interviewing process. I was the youngest there at 18 and probably the best over all dressed lol. The starting pay is $10.82 with 2 weeks and 2 day training, 8 hours a day! You're guaranteed 18 hours a week, with the holiday season coming up and that I don't have any hours logged they said I could put 40 hours in easily. $200 per year for uniforms. Really and truly the only other option I have is to stick with Ingles and hope to God that they get me in like meat dept or maybe grocery with $9+ an hour. But I mine as well dream on. The only thing that really scares me about this job is that its a 1.5 hour drive depending on traffic and my car is hildong together so car, as it is. But maybe with I could find something better to get me by til full time. I do plan on keeping Ingles as a back up/gas money.

TicketRedBB6
10-01-2009, 03:24 PM
So did you get the job or you have to wait for further contact?

Bigt8aford
10-01-2009, 10:43 PM
So did you get the job or you have to wait for further contact?

I was only recommended, so no. She said 7-10 days depending the qualifications of the other applicants.

Bigt8aford
10-13-2009, 05:21 PM
I got most my testing done today. Just got to go back Friday for agility testing. Seems promising.

PROŽ
10-13-2009, 09:46 PM
I got most my testing done today. Just got to go back Friday for agility testing. Seems promising.

sounds great. glad I could help someone out

Bigt8aford
10-14-2009, 10:13 PM
sounds great. glad I could help someone out

Check Reps.