PDA

View Full Version : Dodge Challenger Test Drive :'(

809KiNg
09-18-2009, 09:20 PM
After deadly test drive crash, another man claims a dealer encouraged him to go fast during test drive

(WHAS11) - The Jefferson County Coroner's Office has identified the two people who died, after a car on a test drive slammed into their car Sunday on Fern Valley Road.

Toya Buckner-Dium, 40, and her stepfather, Sherman King Sr. were both pronounced dead at the scene.

Watch this story
The crash is now raising questions about the test driving of vehicles, especially cars built for speed.

Police are making a digital map of both cars in the crash to estimate how fast the Dodge Challenger was going when it crashed into the Mercury Sable.

Police say the driver, Bryan Lee, told them he thought he was going between 55 and 60 miles per hour.

Bryan Lee
The car salesman told officers he estimated it was up to 70 miles per hour.

However, Sgt. Todd Shaw says the Dodge's crash data recorder shows it was going 101 miles per hour just one second before impact.

In court Monday morning, Bryan Lee, 30, was formally charged with two counts of manslaughter in the first degree.

Lee's brother and a sales representative from Commonwealth Dodge were also in the car at the time of the crash. Lee's father says the whole story has not been heard yet. He says there are questions of whether the salesman encouraged lee to drive that fast.

Additionally, after seeing WHAS11 coverage of the crash, a man we are identifying as “Gary” called the WHAS11 newsroom.

Gary says when he test drove a similar car from Commonwealth Dodge earlier this year; a salesman encouraged him to see how fast the car could go.

Though Gary wished to stay anonymous on camera, he says he will testify to his claims in court.

WHAS11’s repeated calls to the Commonwealth Dodge General Manager were not returned.

The Greater Louisville Automobile Dealers Association says it does not have any written procedures for test driving, however, each store should have their own policy, including a specific predetermined dealer approved route for all test drives.
http://www.whas11.com/images/slideshow/090824_testdrive/images/WHAS0078.jpg

http://www.whas11.com/images/slideshow/090824_testdrive/images/WHAS0069.jpg

http://www.whas11.com/images/slideshow/090824_testdrive/images/WHAS0066.jpg

http://www.whas11.com/images/slideshow/090824_testdrive/images/WHAS0068.jpg

dimsumboy
09-18-2009, 09:33 PM
it's a shame 2 innocent people died in this display of sheer poor judgment. i don't give a fuck if the salesperson encouraged the driver to go faster !!!! it's the driver's discretion to decide if he wanted to go faster and he went for it. it's really simple, it's 100% the driver's fault unless the salesperson used his foot to stomp on the driver's foot while it was on the accelerator. who cares if the salesperson tells you to go faster. do you do everything another person tells you to? hell no, so that means the driver wanted to do it and he did it. unfortunately, the media will probably play up the angle that the dealership is ultimately at fault as it will get higher ratings. i feel for the family and friends of the victims.

leobond001
09-18-2009, 09:33 PM
damn tough story.

dimsumboy
09-18-2009, 09:47 PM
one more thing.... any fucking moron can floor the accelerator pedal, however a smart driver would learn how to properly gauge braking distance and know when to apply their brakes instead of moronic shit like this.

cpearson
09-19-2009, 03:01 AM
wow, thats a terrible accident.

EJ25RUN
09-19-2009, 11:34 AM
You are driving the car, you are the one responsible.

Back when i sold cars, i was usually the one that would demonstrate a fast car to a customer since i knew i could trust myself.

SouthSide Tay
09-19-2009, 11:57 AM
thats a horrible wreck....the sable is demolished but the dodge looks like it held up pretty well both doors open and looks like the driver and passengers in the daodge walked away with minimal injury? SAD is all i can say

imports
09-19-2009, 01:07 PM
that's sad and scary at the same time

roscoe
09-19-2009, 01:22 PM
Back when i sold cars, i was usually the one that would demonstrate a fast car to a customer since i knew i could trust myself.

i would think that should be the way every dealer should be.

cm7k24
09-19-2009, 02:37 PM
damnnn

Brian*
09-19-2009, 02:39 PM
crazy shit

EJ_Allmota
09-19-2009, 03:01 PM
that is a very unfortunate incident.. Horrific accident caused by a damn fool.. like others have said, the driver is fully responsible dispite anything the dealer could have said to him..

bloodline
09-19-2009, 11:36 PM
thats some fucked up shit man...ppl losing theres lives over dumb shit..the bad shit is that i used to live in jefferson..and why would you proke ppl to do shit like that just to sell a car

pr8yr
09-20-2009, 12:48 AM
sad, could've happened to anybody. damn

5thgcelica
09-20-2009, 01:54 AM
HOLY SHIT.

Futuristic6
09-20-2009, 08:53 PM
the challengers weight is good for something after all.

Nashville
09-20-2009, 09:01 PM
SOLD! fucker seems fast as shit to split a car in half

The Great NY
09-20-2009, 09:11 PM
Wow, that's crazy. Definately the drivers fault. 101mph. That just nutz. The impact. From that speed is insane