PDA

View Full Version : 1jzgte

Tank
10-12-2005, 11:09 PM
I have a NA Auto 94 tired of it bein slow as hell got to hunting on the net and ended up buying a 1jzgte motor and 5spd tranny got a hell of a deal on it comes with ecu harness intercooller etc... only thing missing is the ignitor and ill have that by this weekend im wonderin if anyone here might know of any good resources for more information for me also if theres any shops up to the task of swappin the motor and how much heres some pics

Tank
10-12-2005, 11:11 PM
im gonna keep it twin since the 1jzgte motor is not sequential rather the twins run together but i want upgraded twins for it any help would be nice

boosted1jz
10-12-2005, 11:20 PM
heres a link for some upgraded twins..... kinda....

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=287082

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=77 <~~~1jz/2jz section.. i know its mk iii but can provide alot of useful info!!!

i have only seen 1 other mk iv with a 1jz so its kinda rare.... my only question is... y did you chose to go 1jz?? for the price of that you probably could have gotten a good single turbo kit for the NA, there are ALOT of high HP NA-T cars out there!!! im not trying to rain on you.. just wondering thats all

that being said, just about any shop can do the swap its just a matter of time frame?! and $$ for install

also, is your car already a M/T?? if so u will probably have to use the 1jz bellhousing and your transmission.... if so im willing to buy that r154!!!!!!! i beleive that the mk iii and mk iv transmissions are different lengths

good luck with the swap and let me know if you need any other info!!

chris

Tank
10-13-2005, 06:58 AM
well i did some research and then thought about what i wanted to see happen so i first looked into goin Na-t but then i looked at some of the kits 4-5 grand on stage one alone then i said ill look 2jz 4-6 grand for the jdm motor only, since i have a auto i could have kept my tranny but it would have to be built theres another 2grand. so then i found out about this motor still puts out 280 hp just like the 2jz. the 1jz has a better flowing head and everything i bought i got for $2050 thats all i paid and i everything but the supra ignitor which i think i already have on my supra if not ill get one by this weekend so that leaves about 3 grand for upgrades, and im looking to build the block of my 1jz plus upgrade turbos and intercooler so thats why i chose the 1jz

heres a lil more i found out about 1jz is a shorter stroke motor that flows better(due to the symetrical design of the cyl head unlike the 2jz, and because of the angle of the ports entering the head) 1jz as it has a longer broader power band and will be more forgiving under high rev throttle modulation, it has a lower deck higth than a 2jz (due to it's shorter stroke) wich gives it a lower center of gravity(balances your vehicle that much better), it is lower dispacement so if tuned correctly can be more fuel efficient than the larger dispacement 2j, 1j was used in many more cars than the 2jz-GTE, so swapping will be cheaper by far and a blown 1j wouldn't be quite as devastating as a blown 2j due to it's availability. piston speed is way down on a 1j so wear and tear won't be as bad.

boosted1jz
10-13-2005, 10:17 PM
u can use ur 2jz ignitor, they are the exact same......

keep a hold of your 2jz!!! so later on down the road if u decide to do a 1.5jz u will already be 1/2 way there lol.....

the head flow difference..... the 1jz flows better for under 500hp at high revs but the 2jz head flows better for higher HP #s.... i havent really looked deeper into it but thats what i hear.......

the other nice thing about the 1jz is that 90% of the parts are interchangable with the 2jz parts, alot of sensors, and other misc stuff is the same :D and if its not some of its interchangable with the 7mgte...... the valve cover gaskets, cam seals(best/cheapest bet is to just order a whole seal/gasket kit), and a few other misc parts have to be ordered through jay marks toyota(found on supraforums)

looks like u have been studying up on this!! which is a good thing!!! do u have the parts to convert ur car to a M/T??? or are you doing a upgraded auto??

i hope some of what i have wrote has been of some help to you, if anything hit me up and ill be glad to help out in any way possible..

chris

Tank
10-13-2005, 10:52 PM
yes youve been a big help well other than what i have right now from what i bought i dont have anything else batlground is talking like 7g's to put the motor in i dont know if thats about right but to put a damn motor in a fab a few parts i was like damn but not bashing or anything so im gonna research somemore and hell if i can find someone to help i wouldnt mind trying it with someone experienced and shedin them a few dollars but thanks 1jz youve helped alot bro

boosted1jz
10-14-2005, 02:59 PM
turbodave has done a few swaps.... but hes damn near impossible to get a hold of..... madhavi motorsports has done a few swaps too.......

i have heard the average is around 4-6k but i dunno i did my swap myself cause i work at a dealership.. i wish i could help ya but im not allowd to do friends cars :(

chris