PDA

View Full Version : Misc Anyone see the most controversal call in baseball???

Deaf Pimp
10-12-2005, 10:55 PM
Talk about a play... confusing as well. ChiTown definitely got a big advantage with it. Go ChiTOwn! Angels caught enough breaks with bad calls in the past few games... :bigok:

thinkfast®
10-12-2005, 11:06 PM
total bullshit. Im goin for the Angels (since that Dodger Blue didnt show up this year) and that was a fuckin strike. The replay even showed man, I mean WTF.

putos

kilpatty43
10-12-2005, 11:08 PM
baseball sucks ass

HyPer50
10-12-2005, 11:13 PM
baseball sucks ass

Ya, it's ALMOST as bad as hockey haha

Deaf Pimp
10-12-2005, 11:14 PM
Ya, it's ALMOST as bad as hockey haha

:lmfao:

thinkfast®
10-12-2005, 11:17 PM
LOL and on top of suck-ass hockey, imagine being a suck-ass fan for the gayest team in the NHL, the suck-ass Thrashers... damn thats gotta be a lowlife right there :lmfao:

HyPer50
10-12-2005, 11:19 PM
The pecking order for sports in America. Football>Baseball>Basketball>NASCAR>Lawn mower racing>Frisbee>Cockfighting>Synchronized Swimming>Hockey.... If you want Hockey you gotta go north of the border haha

kilpatty43
10-12-2005, 11:19 PM
hockey is the greatest sport on earth...and the thrashers may not be the best but theyre still my boys...

JustinSane110™
10-13-2005, 12:07 AM
I used to be into baseball, shit just bores me to death now. Pitch the ball, stand around for 15-30 seconds, repeat. Then if theres a hit theres maybe 3-4 guys that have to move to handle it. It's not a really good situation to go through a 4-5 hour game then be able to recap every play in 2 minutes on ESPN.

I'm more into football, seeing fools get hit haha.

HyPer50
10-13-2005, 12:09 AM
I used to be into baseball, shit just bores me to death now. Pitch the ball, stand around for 15-30 seconds, repeat. Then if theres a hit theres maybe 3-4 guys that have to move to handle it. It's not a really good situation to go through a 4-5 hour game then be able to recap every play in 2 minutes on ESPN.

I'm more into football, seeing fools get hit haha.

Yup... Football is the best sport to play or watch in my opinion... main time i pay any attention to baseball is play offs.... and thats just if one of my teams makes it lol.

RandomGuy
10-13-2005, 12:21 AM
LMAO cockfighting over synchronized swimming then cricket, thumb wrestling ... LMAO... blahahh then hockey..

Hulud
10-13-2005, 03:23 AM
have you seen my baseball?

Darling Nikki
10-13-2005, 07:31 AM
Thats right go Chitown!!!!!!!! My hometown

HEATON
10-13-2005, 02:42 PM
total bullshit. Im goin for the Angels (since that Dodger Blue didnt show up this year) and that was a fuckin strike. The replay even showed man, I mean WTF.

putos

It isnt bein argued if its a STRIKE or not, its if the catcher DROPPED it. If the 3rd strike is dropped by a catcher the batter can run to the base (if not tagged by the cacther or the ball not thrown to 1st) and still be safe. The catcher should have tagged the batter anyways, bc thats what they are taught to do, just like holding a tag on a runner if the call isnt really clear at the moment, when in doubt always play it safe. BUT; I did see on the footage the umpire make the hand signal of OUT, in that case the batter should respectively went to his duggout, and the catcher would have known the batter was out, so they could have retired the inning. Funny thing one of the players was saying afterwards how that happened before when he played for a different team.

Tiff-O-Bitties
10-13-2005, 02:56 PM
I love watching hockey in person, however, I love football on TV or in person..

thinkfast®
10-13-2005, 03:21 PM
I love watching hockey in person, however, I love football on TV or in person..

reading that post made my brain hurt :(

thinkfast®
10-13-2005, 03:26 PM
It isnt bein argued if its a STRIKE or not, its if the catcher DROPPED it. If the 3rd strike is dropped by a catcher the batter can run to the base (if not tagged by the cacther or the ball not thrown to 1st) and still be safe. The catcher should have tagged the batter anyways, bc thats what they are taught to do, just like holding a tag on a runner if the call isnt really clear at the moment, when in doubt always play it safe. BUT; I did see on the footage the umpire make the hand signal of OUT, in that case the batter should respectively went to his duggout, and the catcher would have known the batter was out, so they could have retired the inning. Funny thing one of the players was saying afterwards how that happened before when he played for a different team.

Sorry thats what I meant, the guy was out as it clearly shows on the replay. The catcher would have tagged him had he dropped it, I mean he caught it and sort of "on the fly" got up and threw the ball. Cmon man- he THREW the ball down. he didn't pick it up and throw it, it was already in his friggin glove!

bitches.

Julio
10-13-2005, 03:39 PM
The catcher is the one to blame. He shouldve tag the batter anyways.

I mean, I have seen the replay a few times today and is one tough mofo call.

Even though This is the ALCS is still not the craziest shit Ive seen in Baseball.

Tiff-O-Bitties
10-13-2005, 03:40 PM
reading that post made my brain hurt :(

why? it's not hard to understand.. :idb:

thinkfast®
10-13-2005, 03:41 PM
LOL you got the fan from the Cubs miracle playoff series, the guy in Baltimore that grabbed an out back in '96... baseball playoffs get you pumped! LOL

nothin like watchin a playoff game in October though... just wish my Dodgers were around :(

'06 bitches :D