PDA

View Full Version : Sports Miami v. Va Tech

MSP1660
09-18-2009, 11:20 AM
So after a crushing win against Georgia Tech, now I wanna hear predictions on the Miami/Va. Tech game.

As said in my previous Miami thread (or did I say this) I am no sports guru, just a fan of some Hurricanes football. So my question...

Predictions for this game?

****Remember folks, this is a no hold's barred thread****

Deke
09-18-2009, 11:41 AM
I see Virginia Tech pulling this one out. Playing in Blacksburg is a pretty rough away game, and VT isn't going to lose this game two years in a row. The VT defense is finally going to be a team to put some pressure on Jacory and I don't see him playing quite as crisp as his past two games.

That being said, I don't think VT is going to dominate the coastal this year, I just think they're going to ice Miami a little bit. I still think Miami might put the hurt on Oklahoma the following week though.

MSP1660
09-18-2009, 11:49 AM
We'll get to the OK game in due time, but I want Miami to win more than anything. I do think VT is going to be a tough game. I'm sure we're the underdog and rightly so.

While I agree that VT will put more pressure on The U than the past two games, I think it'll mostly be because of what they've accomplished in the past two games. Miami is definitely surprising a lot of folks this year so far. Not me, I saw this year coming two years ago.

S2KJD
09-18-2009, 11:50 AM
miami is better this year but im taking VT also...

drpepper14
09-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Miami had a great game on thursday, but VT will pull this one out.

I posted in another thread:

If Miami beats VT, and GT loses to VT = Miami wins coastal
If Miami beats VT, and GT beats VT = Toss up depending on how each team fares in ACC games later
If Miami loses to VT, and GT beats VT = GT wins ACC
If Miami loses VT, and GT loses VT = Surprise....VT wins it all again

Time will tell on this one, as always with the ACC (last year was determined by the GT/VT game, but really wasn't decided until final week)

Sincerely,
Dr. K from Kroger (until further notice)

MSP1660
09-18-2009, 06:20 PM
I'm thinking that since Miami has a pretty nice break from GT to VT, they can do enough practice where the need to improve. I'm a little disappointed to not see Jacory run the ball a little bit. However, he is quite the team player and like the announcers commented while the GT game was going on, he spreads the ball around so you don't really know where he's gonna put it.

However, offense is only one half of the game. Obviously with GT's showing, we see that Miami can stuff a running game rather well, especially that damned option. Our guys were quick to get men to penetrate the line and in a few cases, sack the QB's.

I definitely think Miami will be the force to be reckoned with.

Edit: Dr.Pepper, love the Dr. K deal and playing along. That shit made me lol.

drpepper14
09-18-2009, 09:39 PM
Yeah well i'll play along with the rest of you U fans, but not that douchenozzle from the other thread. I tried to admit to him I was wrong, and he blew up lol.

Miami has had 2 impressive games, 2 more than any other ACC team, but just remember: this is college football (the ACC @ that) and anything can and will happen this season. For all we know, VT drops a game to UVA, Miami loses to UNC, GT goes 11-1....all possible and that's what I love about the ACC.

btw I just got tickets to see GT in charlottesville to play UVA in october. It's a week after the VT game, so hopefully i'm in a good mood while i am there lol

Dr. K from Kroger until Miami falls from grace, or GT wins the ACC (or finishes ahead of the U lol)