PDA

View Full Version : I need a How To Thread Please on Catch Can Install

KPFphotography
09-18-2009, 09:45 AM
Ok I have a d16 Turbo build and need a catch can installed. I have just a breather filter on the valve cover. Im looking to do the catch can and was thinking on just doing a hose from the catch can to the breather spot on the valve cover and the just putting the filter breather on the other spot of the catch can. Will this do anything? The reason for this is because im getting some oil dripping from the filter breather and need it to go somewhere other than my injectors. So please if anyone has any detailed pics or drawing of how this should be done on this motor and not a B series please let me know, thanks in advanced

punkr6
09-18-2009, 09:45 AM
repost

tmracing83
09-18-2009, 09:54 AM
repost

Ur gonna tell em it's a repost but no ditrect him towards the thread. Real helpful.... Wish I could help u kenny I'd throw up there any info I had, good luck man...

KPFphotography
09-18-2009, 09:58 AM
Hey man, if its a repost just post up the thread for it. The reason I posted it was because everyone i have seen have been for a B series and not D. All the ones on the B series have been with the holes drilled into the front of the valve cover and ran from there but I am not wanting to do that because the D already have a spot for a breather so please someone help me out thanks

punkr6
09-18-2009, 09:58 AM
Ur gonna tell em it's a repost but no ditrect him towards the thread. Real helpful.... Wish I could help u kenny I'd throw up there any info I had, good luck man...

lol, does anyone use google on here ?

punkr6
09-18-2009, 09:59 AM
Just run one line from the valve cover, and one from the black box to your catch can...

KPFphotography
09-18-2009, 10:03 AM
Just run one line from the valve cover, and one from the black box to your catch can...
i did google it, but do i tap a new line into the black box? also where can i get a tap for it if so? or can i just take off a one of the hoses and cap the other end and run it to that spot?

punkr6
09-18-2009, 10:04 AM
http://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-forum/1787-diy-oil-catch-can-installation-instructions.html

I just googled this, took like 3 seconds
http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=d+series+catch+can+install&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

KPFphotography
09-18-2009, 10:12 AM
http://www.d-series.org/forums/diy-forum/1787-diy-oil-catch-can-installation-instructions.html

I just googled this, took like 3 seconds
http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=d+series+catch+can+install&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

ok why are you trying to prove me wrong. I seen that thread but i can pull up any pictures on my work computer on the thread so I didnt pay any attention to it. So any help from you or you gonna just send me to different thread you find on Google?

punkr6
09-18-2009, 10:12 AM
I did away with my pcv valve and ran the line from the black box to the catch can, then ran one from the valve cover to the catch can.

KPFphotography
09-18-2009, 10:13 AM
I did away with my pcv valve and ran the line from the black box to the catch can, then ran one from the valve cover to the catch can.

what did u use to cap off the other side of the pcv valve? just a rubber cap of some sort? Do you have a picture of the hose to do away with?

punkr6
09-18-2009, 10:14 AM
ok why are you trying to prove me wrong, if your not gonna just answer a question or 2 then just get out of here man. I seen that thread but i can pull up any pictures on my work computer on the thread so I didnt pay any attention to it. So any help from you or you gonna just send me to different thread you find on Google?

wow, you're really on the edge this morning huh...

punkr6
09-18-2009, 10:17 AM
I caped off the port on the intake, and bought a plastic 90 degree fitting at home depot for the black box..

KPFphotography
09-18-2009, 10:23 AM
I caped off the port on the intake, and bought a plastic 90 degree fitting at home depot for the black box..
maybe i need to get under there and look at the black box bc what im thinking in my mind is that there is a pcv hose running to the black box and it runs to the block somewhere. So it would need to be caped off at the block and run the hose from the catch can to the open hole that the pcv was in. But what im asking is what did u use to cap the block side off and i will buy a 90 to connect it to the black box from the catch can. Ok im repeating my self, i will shut up now.

The reason why this came up was all the other threads i seen was run this hos here and T is off to here and run the other here and T it off the the exhaust and im like WTF. I never seen any catch cans that complex. But thats why, but yes im on the edge bc we are 4 people short here at work and im basically the only one trying to get everything done but thanks man.

punkr6
09-18-2009, 10:30 AM
the block vents through the black box. There is nothing to cap off on the block. Some people run a hose to the exhaust for vacume to assist the whole venting process but its not necessary. all you have to do is run a hose from the black box to the can . remove the pcv and cap the intake manifold with a rubber cap you can get at any autozone/advance. then run a hose from the nipple on the valve cover to the other side of the can. But make sure your running a catch can with a breather, not one of those sealed oil recovery cans...

punkr6
09-18-2009, 10:32 AM
also wrap a plastic tie strap around the rubber cap on the manifold, so it doesn't blow off under boost.

Barefoot
09-18-2009, 10:34 AM
n/m

punkr6
09-18-2009, 10:35 AM
n/m

I was wondering where you were...lol

Barefoot
09-18-2009, 10:38 AM
I was wondering where you were...lol
just got home for lunch.

KPFphotography
09-18-2009, 12:31 PM
i got one of those sealed ones but i can go get a plug and make a vent spot for it if needed, o im just gonna get under there andd look at it but i guess ill go take it off and go to autozone and look for parts that will fit.

tmracing83
09-18-2009, 01:16 PM
O ya kenny that pcv valve of whatever on the back right side of the engine used to pop off every once n a while when I would push boost, keep ur eyes open for it

whatever210
09-18-2009, 01:27 PM
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee132/lonnied1/P1010383.jpg

here what my set up looks like on my sr20

tdurr
09-18-2009, 04:06 PM
^^ clean ur car after tandems.

Jdm94Coupe
09-19-2009, 12:52 PM
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee132/lonnied1/P1010383.jpg

here what my set up looks like on my sr20

looks like you need some easy off oven cleaner and a bottle of simple green, lol

whatever210
09-19-2009, 04:27 PM
fuckin christ. i said this is what my set up looks like not a pic of my fucking car.