PDA

View Full Version : What's the next big "trend"?

Echonova
09-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Seems lately a lot of threads I look in, there umpteengagillion haters making fun of others peoples shit. So if rice is rice, and JDM is the new rice. Stock bodied cars slammed on painted OEM rims were never "clean". VIP is played out as well TE37 & CCW wheels. Just curious...

What are all you young, hip trend-setting ballers doing? I don't want to be left out.

yungdz
09-17-2009, 08:29 PM
drawing shit on cars

nreggie454
09-17-2009, 08:31 PM
Painting wheels horrendous colors to be "unique."

DieselNuts
09-17-2009, 08:32 PM
Stretching tires until you are driving on sidewalls

mr.koupe
09-17-2009, 08:33 PM
Grabs popcorn

Paul
09-17-2009, 08:35 PM
honestly newest trend i've seen is influx of HS kids in their parents rides showing up at meets... one advantage to this is HS boys girlfriends :D

seriously though last sonic meet i went too had probably 5 miatas in a row and kids look like there were 16 wearing pink polos and shit.

quickdodge®
09-17-2009, 08:36 PM
Stock bodied cars slammed on painted OEM rims were never "clean".

Back in the 80s it sure as hail was. Later, QD.

Echonova
09-17-2009, 08:37 PM
Stretching tires until you are driving on sidewallsYou might be on to something...

MongolPup
09-17-2009, 08:39 PM
You might be on to something...

The closer you are to death, the closer you are to perfection.

Echonova
09-17-2009, 08:40 PM
Back in the 80s it sure as hail was. Later, QD.Yeah, but you didn't really have a choice back then... Your choices were what??? Eagle Alloy 5 star rims, or the God awful 3 spoke Pantera(sp??) rims. OEM's just looked better.

quickdodge®
09-17-2009, 08:42 PM
Yeah, but you didn't really have a choice back then... Your choices were what??? Eagle Alloy 5 star rims, or the God awful 3 spoke Pantera(sp??) rims. OEM's just looked better.

You missed a set, homeless. Remember there was also the Prime 5 star wheel. But yeah, it was about painting the hubcap too then. Later, QD.

DB4LYFE ™
09-17-2009, 08:47 PM
I am the next BEST THANG!!!

~DB4LYFE

Echonova
09-17-2009, 08:50 PM
I just watched one of my old 360 videos (you young kids won't understand) from '99 maybe it was 2000... Battle of the Imports, Import Showdown, the beginning of HIN (before it sucked). LJ Garcia with his H22 wide-bodied hatch on hydraulics...

I miss those days.

Paul
09-17-2009, 08:52 PM
I just watched one of my old 360 videos (you young kids won't understand) from '99 maybe it was 2000... Battle of the Imports, Import Showdown, the beginning of HIN (before it sucked). LJ Garcia with his H22 wide-bodied hatch on hydraulics...

I miss those days.

shit those are the days man... kids today would be like :thinking: LJ Garcia?

Echonova
09-17-2009, 08:56 PM
shit those are the days man... kids today would be like :thinking: LJ Garcia?w0rd

Bergenholtz brothers... SAP LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A&L racing (what ever happened to him?) Papadakis was still fat.

91ma70
i think its streched tires on old school rims

Echonova
Anyone else with ideas? I want to stay on the cutting edge.

^^^Dammit... Ninja'd

Honda_91EF
09-17-2009, 08:57 PM
Rotas, spray paint and cut springs.

Echonova
09-17-2009, 08:59 PM
Rotas, spray paint and cut springs.75% of IA has that now. I need to be ahead of the curve so I can appear to be innovative.

quickdodge®
09-17-2009, 09:01 PM
Rotas, spray paint and cut springs.

I've been doing cut springs since the 80s. Nothing new there. Later, QD.

Honda_91EF
09-17-2009, 09:05 PM
Oh yeah. The new trend is the "I'm really happy for ya. I'll let you finish..." Kanye west bullshit. Shit's lame and annoying. People need to come up with something new.

JITB
09-17-2009, 09:10 PM
bigger wheels coming back..
Chrome still making its way back
Proper Vip will never be played out ... certain cars maybe..but vip itself it aint goin nowhere! But it will start to stray away from black only cars, and subtle lip kits. And start getting wild.
Civics are loosing the fight pretty hard
S2000's/G35's/350 and any other car that used to be 30k, that is now almost 10-15k will be seen alot!

lanning
09-17-2009, 09:12 PM
im ready for clean with nice paint and non painted wheels to come back

Z0_o6
09-17-2009, 09:12 PM
evidently the trend is going to continue being "i have a stock car and i'm broke, so since i'm angry about my suck-fest life i will tell you about everything i DON'T like about your car"

the people who criticize the most tend to drive the biggest piles of shit. hopefully the trend will turn back into positive support for fellow enthusiasts.

sorry about the serious moment, but i really do get sick of kids telling the people who are actually DOING something, how to do it or why not to do it or whatever their useless opinion happens to be.

DieselNuts
09-17-2009, 09:18 PM
Oh yeah. The new trend is the "I'm really happy for ya. I'll let you finish..." Kanye west bullshit. Shit's lame and annoying. People need to come up with something new.

lol, I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not but that shit came out like 3 days ago.

If you're being sarcastic, :lmfao:

Honda_91EF
09-17-2009, 09:22 PM
lol, I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not but that shit came out like 3 days ago.

If you're being sarcastic, :lmfao:

:D Do your thinking.

nreggie454
09-17-2009, 09:26 PM

I didn't know that was a car trend.

Honda_91EF
09-17-2009, 09:28 PM
I didn't know that was a car trend.

Go see the car pics section.

JITB
09-17-2009, 09:28 PM
evidently the trend is going to continue being "i have a stock car and i'm broke, so since i'm angry about my suck-fest life i will tell you about everything i DON'T like about your car"

the people who criticize the most tend to drive the biggest piles of shit. hopefully the trend will turn back into positive support for fellow enthusiasts.

sorry about the serious moment, but i really do get sick of kids telling the people who are actually DOING something, how to do it or why not to do it or whatever their useless opinion happens to be.
:goodjob:

MINI
09-17-2009, 09:34 PM
I have the answer to this.

Mainstream people will have completely OEM bodys, With just modified engines and probably a set of rims. Eventually it will get to the point where only the top sports cars will be modified, this is happening; Only cars on magazine covers: 350z, s2000, Evo, Sti, Mustang, civic.

This can be speculated from looking at the muscle car era. What muscle cars do you always see? Mustang, Camero, Nova, Charger. All the other cars from their time being filtered out.

Hell I dont know..

FTMFL
09-17-2009, 09:53 PM
Drift charms on Hondas.

1SICKLEX
09-17-2009, 09:54 PM
To be honest peoples tastes and cars have gotten so bad, I have pretty much ran out of things to SMH about......

Now, I just smile and if they like it, so be it.

Honda_91EF
09-17-2009, 09:54 PM
Drift charms on Hondas.

:lmao:

Dude, seriousily. We've seen 50+ hondas with drift charms in the past week and they were all FWD. This is their week to drift.

StreetHazard
09-17-2009, 09:55 PM
I have a coworker that has been out for a couple of days because he decided to get a vasectomy after just having his 3rd kid. Lately since he has been out, I have been his backup and have covering his work. Today he came into the office walking like he has been saddled up on a pony across the dry desert lands of Arizona on a cattle run or something. Legs all bowed out, he can hardly even sit down. And im like...

"man what the fuck is wrong with you?"

and he says "man, after that surgery my nuts have swelled up SERIOUSLY into the size of a fucking orange!"

"well I have been doing all your fucking work for like 4 days, so im calling shenanagans....pics or it didnt happen!"

and lo and behold this little fucker pulls out his cellphone and says "I KNEW you were going to say that so my girlfriend took some pictures last night" and let me say this bastard was not lying!

his nutsack literally looked like someone shoved a garden hose into his bag and just filled his sack up with water like big overfull cow utter. The shit was horrendous! and he wasn't kidding...his balls looked JUST like a flesh colored orange.

needless to say I feel a little gayer today than I did yesterday.

And somehow that has something to do with the newest "trendz" big swelled up ballsacks is all I got.

MINI
09-17-2009, 09:57 PM
I have a coworker that has been out for a couple of days because he decided to get a vasectomy after just having his 3rd kid. Lately since he has been out, I have been his backup and have covering his work. Today he came into the office walking like he has been saddled up on a pony across the dry desert lands of Arizona on a cattle run or something. Legs all bowed out, he can hardly even sit down. And im like...

and he says "man, after that surgery my nuts have swelled up SERIOUSLY into the size of a fucking orange!"

"well I have been doing all your fucking work for like 4 days, so im calling shenanagans....pics or it didnt happen!"

and lo and behold this little fucker pulls out his cellphone and says "I KNEW you were going to say that so my girlfriend took some pictures last night" and let me say this bastard was not lying!

his nutsack literally looked like someone shoved a garden hose into his bag and just filled his sack up with water like big overfull cow utter. The shit was horrendous! and he wasn't kidding...his balls looked JUST like a flesh colored orange.

And somehow that has something to do with the newest "trendz" big swelled up ballsacks is all I got.

LOL OMFG

Njobe
09-17-2009, 09:57 PM
^^ lol well damn

Echonova
09-17-2009, 09:58 PM

And somehow that has something to do with the newest "trendz" big swelled up ballsacks is all I got.I had my vasectomy 4 years ago. w00t! I am on the cutting edge (pun)!!!!

Njobe
09-17-2009, 10:00 PM
at age 79 you are pretty amazing to even get it up

Echonova
09-17-2009, 10:02 PM
at age 79 you are pretty amazing to even get it upI am married to a Mexican woman. If I don't get it up she will kill me in my sleep.

Motivation can make you do amazing things.

FTMFL
09-17-2009, 10:03 PM
I am married to a Mexican woman. If I don't get it up she will kill me in my sleep.

Deportation?

just sayin'

Njobe
09-17-2009, 10:03 PM
idk about you but just looking at some latinas it will go up and up hahahaha

DieselNuts
09-17-2009, 10:04 PM
I am married to a Mexican woman. If I don't get it up she will kill me in my sleep.

:lmfao:

quickdodge®
09-17-2009, 10:04 PM
bigger wheels coming back..

Huh? How can something that has never left come back? Later, QD.

DieselNuts
09-17-2009, 10:06 PM

lol, I thought the same thing but I think he's talking about on hondas with their 15 inches of JDM tyte Mugen hotness.

StreetHazard
09-17-2009, 10:07 PM

Did your nutbag swell up like my coworkers did?

BTW i might be able to get the pic, its on my computer at work but I think I can log in remotely

FTMFL
09-17-2009, 10:07 PM
Lolol, truth within a quote.

FTMFL
09-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Did your nutbag swell up that my coworkers did?

BTW i might be able to get the pic, its on my computer at work but I think I can log in remotely
We don't need pics, we believe you lol.

Echonova
09-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Did your nutbag swell up like my coworkers did?

BTW i might be able to get the pic, its on my computer at work but I think I can log in remotelyLOL... Ahhh no. Sounds like he got some sort of an infection, like AIDS.

StreetHazard
09-17-2009, 10:10 PM
We don't need pics, we believe you lol.

you have to look at it with a scientists eye, the shit is truly amazing. I think his doc said people just heal different from the surgery, but that guy failed hard.

MINI
09-17-2009, 10:10 PM
..:offtopic:

FTMFL
09-17-2009, 10:11 PM
you have to look at it with a scientists eye, the shit is truly amazing. I think his doc said people just heal different from the surgery, but that guy failed hard.
I know, but I just ate. So I think you see my dilemma here lol.

StreetHazard
09-17-2009, 10:12 PM
DAMMIT I didnt type all that for nothing!

BKgen®
09-17-2009, 10:13 PM
rust.

Honda_91EF
09-17-2009, 10:13 PM
DAMMIT I didnt type all that for nothing!

Repped?lol.

Echonova
09-17-2009, 10:14 PM
Hopefully cars with working AC will come back. I'd love to get in on that trend.

FTMFL
09-17-2009, 10:14 PM
rust.
Purpose rust or non-purpose rust?

Njobe
09-17-2009, 10:15 PM
Hopefully cars with working AC will come back. I'd love to get in on that trend.
mine works like new :D

FTMFL
09-17-2009, 10:15 PM
I have it but don't use it. Am I JDM?

Echonova
09-17-2009, 10:16 PM
rust.Sadly, I think the VW crowd played that one out before the rest of us got a chance to.

StreetHazard
09-17-2009, 10:16 PM

I completely believe this man! I dated this latina girl when I was younger and we got in a verbal argument and she pulled out a fuggin knife! I grabbed her hands and she still slashed me with the knife (I have the scar on the top of my wrist)

Honda_91EF
09-17-2009, 10:17 PM
I have it but don't use it. Am I JDM?

Lol, I turned that shit on today and you went fucking crazyyyyyyyyy.

Echonova
09-17-2009, 10:17 PM
I have it but don't use it. Am I JDM?Only if your display reads in Celsius and not Fahrenheit.

FTMFL
09-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Only if your display reads in Celsius and not Fahrenheit.
It doesn't say....must be in celsius.:ninja:

quickdodge®
09-17-2009, 10:19 PM
Only if your display reads in Celsius and not Fahrenheit.

Soon as I pull the CVCC out of the shop, Echo, I'm bringing back something. I'm already working on bringing in what's next for it. Later, QD.

FTMFL
09-17-2009, 10:20 PM
Soon as I pull the CVCC out of the shop, Echo, I'm bringing back something. I'm already working on bringing in what's next for it. Later, QD.
You have a old civic? What year?

quickdodge®
09-17-2009, 10:21 PM
You have a old civic? What year?

1979. Never seen it? Later, QD.

Njobe
^^1979

edit::ninja:

Echonova
You have a old civic? What year?QD has the most ballin CVCC you will ever see.

Njobe
09-17-2009, 10:22 PM
not selling it anymore?

Echonova
Soon as I pull the CVCC out of the shop, Echo, I'm bringing back something. I'm already working on bringing in what's next for it. Later, QD.Hmmmmm. ~wonders~

FTMFL
1979. Never seen it? Later, QD.
Nope, I haven't been on this site since I created this account. I bought my car and kinda got lost in it lolol. Got pics?

Echonova
09-17-2009, 10:24 PM
not selling it anymore?QD needs a 510. Nissan (and to a lesser extent Datsun) Fooo Lyfe!!!!!

quickdodge®
09-17-2009, 10:25 PM
Nope, I haven't been on this site since I created this account. I bought my car and kinda got lost in it lolol. Got pics?

Many more, but that's it. LOOK!!! (http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185772&highlight=cvcc) here for build thread. Later, QD.

Njobe
09-17-2009, 10:25 PM
i started collecting money to eventually buy it :ninja:

J-ROCK
09-17-2009, 10:27 PM
qd needs to hurry up with gettin the cvcc out the shop so we can see the next big thang!

Honda_91EF
09-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Many more, but that's it. LOOK!!! (http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185772&highlight=cvcc) here for build thread. Later, QD.

Wow man, thats pretty sick. I saw one last week and flipped! lol. How hard is it to find parts? Haha. I saw one at Pull a part, almost complete.

Echonova
09-17-2009, 10:28 PM
i started collecting money to eventually buy it :ninja:I think he's had more done in bodywork than what he's asking. Just my opinion.

FTMFL
09-17-2009, 10:30 PM
That thing is sweet. Looks 10x times better than it used to. How hard/expensive were the parts for it? I need something like this to restore as a hobby. Oh and I'd give a nut for running 510 lol.

Njobe
09-17-2009, 10:30 PM
hey it's hard to collect money once you haven't been working for over a year and you weren't getting lay off :(

quickdodge®
09-17-2009, 10:31 PM
^^^ Thanks, man. Parts are hard to come by, that's for sure. It's in now for a nice little Weber downdraft install.

I think he's had more done in bodywork than what he's asking. Just my opinion.

My price was basically the cost of the bodywork. Later, QD.

Echonova
09-17-2009, 10:35 PM
My car is still down due a mystery electrical problem:( Maybe non-running cars will be the next big thing?

FTMFL
09-17-2009, 10:35 PM
^^^ Thanks, man. Parts are hard to come by, that's for sure. It's in now for a nice little Weber downdraft install.
Doesn't sound bad. You do the work or you got people? Either way it's a nice car, would love to see it in person.

Njobe
09-17-2009, 10:37 PM
My car is still down due a mystery electrical problem:( Maybe non-running cars will be the next big thing?
shit start the trend... than you can be like yo biaches i was the first one to start taht shit yo

quickdodge®
09-17-2009, 10:37 PM
Doesn't sound bad. You do the work or you got people? Either way it's a nice car, would love to see it in person.

I've done a lot of the work. I've had people for the bodywork. Later, QD.

FTMFL
09-17-2009, 10:38 PM
shit start the trend... than you can be like yo biaches i was the first one to start taht shit yo
Or not start it lolol.

jk man, hope you get it taken care of.

THEONE
09-17-2009, 10:39 PM
Seems lately a lot of threads I look in, there umpteengagillion haters making fun of others peoples shit. So if rice is rice, and JDM is the new rice. Stock bodied cars slammed on painted OEM rims were never "clean". VIP is played out as well TE37 & CCW wheels. Just curious...

What are all you young, hip trend-setting ballers doing? I don't want to be left out.

there should be no trend followed that is what i call rice all those trendy assholes trying to please one another and makin fun of everyone elses cars, just be yourself and do what ever the hell you want with your car if you want a big wing or strange tail lights or whatever just do it, do it for you and no one else.

if someone dont like it FucK Em ...that simple.....

FTMFL
09-17-2009, 10:40 PM
I've done a lot of the work. I've had people for the bodywork. Later, QD.
Understandable. How much are/were selling it for? You gonna keep the engine stock or you got something else in mind?

Njobe
09-17-2009, 10:41 PM
^^ last time it was going for $4500 that i know of and he plans on keeping it stock and wants the same if someone bought it from him

Echonova
09-17-2009, 10:42 PM
shit start the trend... than you can be like yo biaches i was the first one to start taht shit yoNah, I'm gonna modify the suspension and stuff the widest wheels I can under the car. Fender flares are a must. Since the car doesn't run I don't have to worry about rubbing.

Njobe
09-17-2009, 10:44 PM
hahahaha you would have the sickest none working car ever than

quickdodge®
09-17-2009, 10:46 PM
^^ last time it was going for $4500 that i know of and he plans on keeping it stock and wants the same if someone bought it from him

No sir. It is $2,000. And the engine was upgraded to an Accord engine with the Weber going on now. Only mod to the engine. Later, QD.

Njobe
09-17-2009, 10:48 PM
No sir. It is $2,000. And the engine was upgraded to an Accord engine with the Weber going on now. Only mod to the engine. Later, QD.
damn my bad for some reason i thought it was $4,500... ill let you know when i have $2,000 :D

FTMFL
09-17-2009, 10:48 PM
Yea, I read/saw that you put the 1.8 accord engine. Are you gonna bring it to TFS?

quickdodge®
09-17-2009, 10:50 PM
Yea, I read/saw that you put the 1.8 accord engine. Are you gonna bring it to TFS?

I wanted to badly, but it's still in the shop. Later, QD.

FTMFL
09-17-2009, 10:52 PM
I wanted to badly, but it's still in the shop. Later, QD.
Ohh, well there's always next time, maybe you'll still have it by then.

98blackcivic
09-17-2009, 10:55 PM
im going for a normal person look.

alpine_aw11
09-17-2009, 11:02 PM
Body kits will return, but only the ones that correctly add to the stock lines of the car if you get my meaning. This whole throw a lip kit on it and be done shit has to stop.

thegovanator
09-17-2009, 11:08 PM
Modding Smart cars is the new thing...

DieselNuts
09-17-2009, 11:58 PM
Back to trends, I think the tire/wheel tuck is here to stay.

Examples:

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j181/diggler24/Tuckin/r5.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j181/diggler24/Tuckin/shoot1.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j181/diggler24/Tuckin/velocity1.jpg

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j181/diggler24/Tuckin/awawawwwaGAtuck.jpg

After thinking about it, this only applies to certain models. If you need 88 degrees of camber to tuck, this does not apply to you.

zspeed24
09-18-2009, 05:46 AM
http://image.superstreetonline.com/f/featuredvehicles/9270518+w200/p58600_large+1996_Honda_Civic+Custom_Body_Yellow_D river_Side_Front_View.jpg

LJ Garcia... Haven't thought about some of these guys in a while but was cleaning out the garage the other day and came across a box of old Super Street and Sport Compact magazines and flipped through them and did some reminiscing about the good ol days

Doppelgänger
09-18-2009, 08:12 AM
^^^ Holy wow..I remember that car and how everyone was wanting to get that widebody kit after that car hit the mags.

I predict....this stuff....

http://thecarpark.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/p1010240.jpg

Sammich
09-18-2009, 08:17 AM
drawing shit on cars
YEA...BUT THEY WONT USE SHARPIES, THEY GONA USE THE GENERIC BRAND CUZ THEY DONT HAVE ENOUGH MONEY FOR THE REAL THING

Doppelgänger
09-18-2009, 10:01 AM
SportMaxx brand markers?? lol

S2KJD
09-18-2009, 10:07 AM

totally agree 100% :cheers:

i mentioned in the s2k + white thread a similar comment of if its the same old thing then suggest what you would do and that post has yet been responded to :ninja:

Sammich
09-18-2009, 11:47 AM
SportMaxx brand markers?? lol
LOL

Echonova
09-18-2009, 11:54 AM
^^^ Holy wow..I remember that car and how everyone was wanting to get that widebody kit after that car hit the mags.

I predict....this stuff....

http://thecarpark.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/p1010240.jpgSadly, I believe you maybe onto something. Who will be the first to do it on the cheap with fence posts from Home Depot?

Doppelgänger
09-18-2009, 12:14 PM
i've already seen some busted ass corollas and 240s with garbage like that done. I don't mind those cars in the picture because they're done clean and right..but seeing as stock, POS 85' Corolls with 4ft of galvanized steel pipe stick up out the back where you can see 14 birdshit welds where they made the turn....yeah...rice.

1SICKLEX
09-18-2009, 03:56 PM
I forgot why I was going to post

http://91.121.132.199/gifs/1114.gif