PDA

View Full Version : Florida Highschool Football team...

Greddypacked
09-17-2009, 03:31 PM
gets ranted on for beating a team by so much. Story here: http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=989089. Well maybe if they went to DIV 5A like the highschools we have here they wouldnt be winning by so much.:headslap:

NewGen33
09-17-2009, 03:33 PM
I'd like to see them go to Tulsa, OK and and try that on Jenks or Union HS.

Greddypacked
09-17-2009, 03:43 PM

LOL I bet you alot of Cobb teams would have fun w/ them also. Even Paulding county high.

02SloWrx
09-17-2009, 04:23 PM
wtf, they bitching because they got beat so bad? WTF is football coming to? if you suck so bad and you lose by so much, you should accept that you just really really well, really really suck.

Honda_91EF
09-17-2009, 04:55 PM
wtf, they bitching because they got beat so bad? WTF is football coming to? if you suck so bad and you lose by so much, you should accept that you just really really well, really really suck.

:lmao:

BanginJimmy
09-17-2009, 05:06 PM
I would like to see how the points were actually scored in the 2nd quarter. Just from that article though, I would imagine that at least 4 TD's came off special teams play. At least 2 more TD's came ofter INT's. That is at least 42 points that are pretty much completely on the losers in this.

Oh, and I dont know what they are like now, but back when I was in HS in Chicago we had a couple HS's in the top 25 nationally. We used to get stomped on a yearly basis by Homewood-Flossmore. They won state 4A all 4 years.

Greddypacked
09-17-2009, 08:39 PM
Oh, and I dont know what they are like now, but back when I was in HS in Chicago we had a couple HS's in the top 25 nationally. We used to get stomped on a yearly basis by Homewood-Flossmore. They won state 4A all 4 years.

Cool. Ya when I was in 8th grade played for the Jr. jackets Sprayberry and we went to state. Lost to McEachern in the Finals, but we beat every team very badly. Funny thing was Varsity we sucked lol.

man
09-17-2009, 08:53 PM

LOL I bet you alot of Cobb teams would have fun w/ them also. Even Paulding county high.

LOL, you guys are joking right? Florida is and has always been one of top producers of football players. The only state that might have it beat is Texas, but that is changing pretty quickly.

"There are five different high schools (Fort Lauderdale's St. Thomas Aquinas, Tallahassee-Lincoln, Palm Beach's Glades Central, and Miami's Killian and Northwestern) that have each produced at least 19 I-A players since 2001."
http://sooners.wordpress.com/2006/06/01/ten-best-football-states-by-bruce-feldman-espncom/

That means a pro player comes out of each of those HS's every two years... Come on now.

Kasper
09-17-2009, 09:17 PM
See the thing about this is.. by the second half all the starters were off the field, it was second and third string that was in. they didnt even wanna beat them that bad. and when you have blocks in place that usually protect a team from getting beat that bad and it still happends.. that coach needs to go back to the drawing board! the players felt shitty for doing it and even the coach did. but as he said "how do you tell your players that have trained for this day in and day out getting ready for the games they face to not play because they're killing the other team" it just wouldnt be good coaching. hopefully the other team can recover and learn alot and go out there and play better with all the other games..

NewGen33
09-17-2009, 09:37 PM
That's funny Union and Jenks are two of the best football teams in the country. Both are always in the top 25 in the nation if not the top 10. Both have been ranked 1st in the nation multiple times. They have the biggest rivalry game in the nation. They always meet for the championship each year. Both teams have played teams from all over the country and have been nationally televised. Two seasons ago Union flew to Ohio and played in the Ohio vs. the world tournament and absolutely embarrassed all of their programs. They even were planning a major production about the two schools. If other teams want ideas on facilities or team strategy they come visit one of these two schools. I can't even think of another school with better athletic facilitates than Union. I would happily take either of them over any team in those states. Oklahoma is a HS College football state.

Union State Champions

1963, 2002, 2004, 2005, 2008

Union District Champions

1959, 1960, 1963, 1964, 1966, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1991, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008

Jenks state championships in
1979, 1982, 1993, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2006 and 2007.
http://www.kingofthemountainthemovie.com/rivalry.html
http://www.maxpreps.com/news/N5WJi3DSUEOfGJj7DLZ5Vg/jenks-vs-union--nations-top-rivalry-looming.htm
http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/content/2009/slideshows/jenksvunion912/soundslider.swf?size=2&format=xml

Double_0_Rusty
09-17-2009, 09:59 PM
Lol we won region championships all four years I played....but always lost second round. (7AA)

Greddypacked
09-18-2009, 07:17 AM
LOL, you guys are joking right? Florida is and has always been one of top producers of football players. The only state that might have it beat is Texas, but that is changing pretty quickly.

LOL no im not joking, GA. has top ranked teams/players also. Shoot Marlon Byrd that plays for the Texas Rangers went to my school that I played sports w/ and he dominated in sports he played lol. Not only is he Pro's in Major League Baseball that is almost highlighted in every espn talk about the Rangers, he played Football also. If he stuck w/ Football he probably would of went pro. Played w/ a few players that play European football now also. I worked w/ Veron Haynes father which played for a GA HS team, then was damn good playing first string for UGA as a running back number 34. He now plays 2nd string runningback for the Atlanta Falcons, and did play second string for the Steelers behind Jerome Bettis. Here are a few more to list that came out of Ga Hs football that played in the PRO's that were all american and some probowlers. http://www.maxpreps.com/news/LnZNdos6Ed6OEwAcxJTdpg/georgia--charlie-ward,-hines-ward-lead-all-time-super-11.htm. Herschel Walker also was one of them. Lol their are several more, but shoot most people know GA football programs are top key. SO NO IM NOT JOKING LOL.

Elbow
09-18-2009, 07:28 AM
^^^^ GA FOOTBALL PLAYERS SUCK BWUAHAHAHAHA..

FLORIDA FTW.

BanginJimmy
09-18-2009, 07:53 AM
not talking about individual players, we are talking about teams and Florida produces the top HS teams in the country every year. I checked out the top 100 and the teams that dominated HS football back when I played are not even ranked in the midwest anymore.

.:Stirfry:.
09-18-2009, 09:10 AM
yea i wanna see them go up against Booker T. Washington HS..

Mista Foe-Doe
09-18-2009, 09:22 AM
My senior year at north cobb we beat murry county 57 to 0 all the starters played 2 quarters and jv finished the game.......lol

Double_0_Rusty
09-18-2009, 11:22 AM
i grew up with this guy....just sayin'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derrick_Ballard