PDA

View Full Version : Hate Crime?

LizBiz
09-17-2009, 02:49 PM
I'm sure you have heard this recent story that's happened right here in Morrow GA at Cracker Barrel.

Here's the story: http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/16/cracker.barrel.beating/index.html?iref=newssearch

Possible hate crime?

Even if you look at it outside the racial aspect, she is still a woman and he is still a man.

Voice your opinions.

BanginJimmy
09-17-2009, 04:39 PM
definately a hate crime.

There is also the school bus fight that should be categorized as a hate crime.

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-bus-beating-091609,0,6563703.story?track=rss

ahabion
09-17-2009, 09:47 PM
Note 1) its in Georgia where the confederate flag still flies

Note 2) If indeed the door swung open and almost hit my kid, I'd be damn sure that I would've said or done something

Note 3) Black women talk a lot of smack and don't know when to shut up sometimes... enough to be provocation in of itself... still not justifiable to beat her down though.

nreggie454
09-17-2009, 10:07 PM
Was that guy a racist? Probably. Does he deserve to be punished? Hell yes.

However, I strongly disagree with the idea of "hate crimes." It only says that people of different race/gender/sexuality are unequal and that crimes against them should be treated differently. The punishment should fit the crime, and it should not be based on who the victim is. All crimes are hate crimes.

mm2654
09-17-2009, 10:53 PM
Was that guy a racist? Probably. Does he deserve to be punished? Hell yes.

However, I strongly disagree with the idea of "hate crimes." It only says that people of different race/gender/sexuality are unequal and that crimes against them should be treated differently. The punishment should fit the crime, and it should not be based on who the victim is. All crimes are hate crimes.

I agree, the attack was probably racially motivated however, ones motives for committing a crime against another person do not effect the severity of the injury occurred by the victim. Therefore, there should be no greater sentence.

DieselNuts
09-17-2009, 11:00 PM
There's 2 sides to every story...lol

ISAtlanta300
09-18-2009, 11:53 AM
definately a hate crime.

But it won't, trust me....

double standards will kick in, yo.

Sammich
09-18-2009, 11:57 AM
Note 3) Black women talk a lot of smack and don't know when to shut up sometimes... enough to be provocation in of itself... still not justifiable to beat her down though.
WHILE I HAVENT EVEN READ THE ARTICLE YET, THIS HERE IS SOOOOOOOO TRUE AND COULD HAVE SOLVED ALOT, BY JUST VOICING YOUR OPINION THEN SHUTTING THE FUNK UP...

NOW I'M GOING TO READ

Sammich
09-18-2009, 11:59 AM
NOW...ONTO THE TOPIC AT HAND...YES IT IS A HATE CRIME AND I'M GLAD I WASNT THAT LADY'S HUSBAND/BF, DUDE WOULDA GOT THE BRAKES BEAT OFF HIS ASS NO QUESTION, JUST SAYING

quickdodgeŽ
09-18-2009, 12:01 PM
I agree, the attack was probably racially motivated however,

That's a dumbass comment, man. Later, QD.

Justin51982
09-18-2009, 12:06 PM
But it won't, trust me....

double standards will kick in, yo.

x2, and it's sad, because that should be a hate crime too.

That's what this is, a hate crime!

AirMax95
09-18-2009, 01:06 PM
definately a hate crime.

I was pissed when I read about this, then I watched the video and was even more enraged. Those kids on the bus should be punsihed past the extent of the law, just like any other crime. The motivation behind the crime REALLY does not fucking matter, you did it.

I don't like the idea of "hate" crimes. Crime is crime and everyone should get the same treatment. This guy at the Cracker Barrel and those 2 kids should both get the living shit beat out of them.

It's one thing for self-defense, but to just beat on someone b/c you have issues or are immature are grounds for extreme punishment; under 18 or not.

*edit: Let me clarify, if it is a hate crime, more harsh penalties should be enforced, but "hate" crimes need to be monitored better so everyone gets whats they deserve. I wonder what evidence, other than obvious actions and slurs, are needed to prove the "hate" motivation. Time to go read more.....

BanginJimmy
09-18-2009, 01:13 PM
I was pissed when I read about this, then I watched the video and was even more enraged. Those kids on the bus should be punsihed past the extent of the law, just like any other crime. The motivation behind the crime REALLY does not fucking matter, you did it.

I don't like the idea of "hate" crimes. Crime is crime and everyone should get the same treatment. This guy at the Cracker Barrel and those 2 kids should both get the living shit beat out of them.

It's one thing for self-defense, but to just beat on someone b/c you have issues or are immature are grounds for extreme punishment; under 18 or not.

*edit: Let me clarify, if it is a hate crime, more harsh penalties should be enforced, but "hate" crimes need to be monitored better so everyone gets whats they deserve. I wonder what evidence, other than obvious actions and slurs, are needed to prove the "hate" motivation. Time to go read more.....

I agree.

All they have to prove, read insinuate, is a motivation that centers on one of the protected groups. Unfortunately, being a white male is not a protected group.

here is a quick, non-legal difination from Northeastern University.

Third, the definition of hate crimes provided here does not identify a particular set of protected groups to which the hate crime designation can be exclusively applied. Unlike statutes in many states in which protected racial, religious, and ethnic groups are specified, this definition includes any group difference that separates the victim from the offender in the offender's mind.

oneSLOWex
09-18-2009, 01:24 PM
Although the POS may have been a racist....I think if some angry white woman had said whatever it was she said to him and spit on him it probably would have happened the same way. So no I dont think it was a hate crime.

zspeed24
09-18-2009, 01:29 PM
definately a hate crime.

The real question to me is why the hell the bus driver didnt stop the f'n bus and stop the fight.I mean wtf isn't that what used to happen when fights broke out. They are both hate crimes.

BanginJimmy
09-18-2009, 01:31 PM
The real question to me is why the hell the bus driver didnt stop the f'n bus and stop the fight.I mean wtf isn't that what used to happen when fights broke out. They are both hate crimes.

Bus driver doesnt make shit for money and can be charged or fired for laying a hand on a kid.

JITB
09-18-2009, 01:36 PM
i say yea as a hate crime, only because the man was supposedly screaming and yelling racial slurs...

The part that bothers me is that there was supposedly alot of people around that did nothing. U see a woman getting beaten up by a man, in public.. you got to do something.. its just not right.

Austin?
09-18-2009, 01:54 PM
this shit is crazy...

Cracker Barrel,,,, i think it ment for white people only.
i went in there one time and was like "damn only white folk in here"
IM ASIAN<---------- i don't discriminate

zspeed24
09-18-2009, 02:06 PM
Bus driver doesnt make shit for money and can be charged or fired for laying a hand on a kid.
I understand that too but at least stop the bus and call the cops

mm2654
09-20-2009, 03:29 PM
That's a dumbass comment, man. Later, QD.

I'm sorry, but I can't defend myself against such a well thought and highly articulated rebuttal.

BluesClues
10-01-2009, 10:13 AM
Note 1) its in Georgia where the confederate flag still flies

Note 2) If indeed the door swung open and almost hit my kid, I'd be damn sure that I would've said or done something

That is not true of ALL black women so don't categorize us! That's ignorant!

leobond001
10-01-2009, 10:28 AM
definately a hate crime.

The kid should have fought back. he was in a postition to defend himself. a little kid isnt

BanginJimmy
11-07-2009, 10:33 AM
The kid should have fought back. he was in a postition to defend himself. a little kid isnt

The kid was smarter that he didnt even though he did get beat. If you watched the video, it was a typical mob mentality. If he fought back he would have been beaten much worse.

It still doesnt change the fact that if the races were reversed, Jackson, Sharpton, and all of their race baiting brethren couldnt have gotten in front of a camera quick enough. Funny how we heard nothing from them about this case.

zimabog
11-07-2009, 01:04 PM
European American attacks African American = hate crime

African American attacks European American = regular crime

That is how the system works.