PDA

View Full Version : Do you wear shoes in your home?

Nemesis
09-17-2009, 09:50 AM
So I thought about this the other day. I grew up in an american home for the most part, and we always removed our shoes coming into our home. I have lived in an apartment for about 3 years now, and in every one Ive always removed my shoes. Personally for me its more of a sanitary thing, I just cant stand to think where Ive stood all day (public restrooms, work floors, parking lots) are all being tracked into where I eat, sleep, and play at home. I usually get visitors to take their shoes off as well.

Anybody else follow this ? Or am I just OCD.

Firefightin_tC
09-17-2009, 09:52 AM
Not initially, but once I get comfortable at home...like once I get home from work, I kick 'em off and just chill.

quickdodgeŽ
09-17-2009, 09:54 AM
It's not a sanitary thing or anything for me, but the first thing I do when I get inside is remove my shoes. I hate having shoes on, lolol. I don't care if I'm fixing to go right back out. Off they come. Always been that way. Later, QD.

TRDwasiq
09-17-2009, 09:58 AM
So I thought about this the other day. I grew up in an american home for the most part, and we always removed our shoes coming into our home. I have lived in an apartment for about 3 years now, and in every one Ive always removed my shoes. Personally for me its more of a sanitary thing, I just cant stand to think where Ive stood all day (public restrooms, work floors, parking lots) are all being tracked into where I eat, sleep, and play at home. I usually get visitors to take their shoes off as well.

Anybody else follow this ? Or am I just OCD.
thats wht i did all my life lol
Shoes arnt Allowed after the door Step in my house!

xxbckiexx
09-17-2009, 10:02 AM
no i don't. shoes come off instantly at work and at home.

teh bri
09-17-2009, 10:04 AM
I don't wear mine. Mine are usually heels, we have wood floors, I don't want to mess them up ;)

xxbckiexx
09-17-2009, 10:05 AM
I don't wear mine. Mine are usually heels, we have wood floors, I don't want to mess them up ;)

huge opportunity for a fat joke.. but ill let this one go..:yes:

teh bri
09-17-2009, 10:07 AM
huge opportunity for a fat joke.. but ill let this one go..:yes:

You're learning! :goodjob:

xxbckiexx
09-17-2009, 10:09 AM
You're learning! :goodjob:

don't tempt me.

teh bri
09-17-2009, 10:10 AM
don't tempt me.

I love you too! :boobies:

Kevykev
09-17-2009, 10:13 AM
Shoes off.

The REAL question is, who wears shoes in their bed. I would see it all the time on tv like in episodes of Saved By the Bell and sht. Do people really do that? White people?

lol

Ms Dollar
09-17-2009, 10:14 AM
Aww it's nice to see you two playing nice together :D

Anywho, as far as shoes go, I was raised to not wear shoes in the house, but in our house it's a 3-story townhouse. Basically the bottom floor is the front door and garage entrance and there is not a lot of room for shoes in that closet down there. That being said, right now we do wear shoes in the house...only on the second level though (bedrooms are on the third). Besides our dog has wrecked our carpet, so it can't really get any worse than it already is. Things will probably change if we ever get around to steam cleaning the carpet or better yet getting hardwoods put in :D

quickdodgeŽ
09-17-2009, 10:20 AM
Shoes off.

The REAL question is, who wears shoes in their bed. I would see it all the time on tv like in episodes of Saved By the Bell and sht. Do people really do that? White people?

lol

What black man do you know sits around and mails mushrooms to other people? So don't bring race into the equation, buddy!

Lolol. Later, QD.

xxbckiexx
09-17-2009, 10:30 AM
Shoes off.

lol

you wear the same socks for weeks on end, thats the same as not taking off your shoes you dirty mother fucker!

Catnip
09-17-2009, 10:31 AM
Shoes off.

lol

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

AnthonyF
09-17-2009, 10:33 AM
If my shoes are spotless I will walk to my room if I forgot something, but 99% of the time my shoes are off.

NOW, we have a roommate. A disguisting slob. He slept in his bed for one week and for MONTHs he slept in the living, on the floor, FULLY clothed. Button down shirt to his sneakers. He never takes his shoes off. They are generally clean but it is th principal of it. How hard ia it to take them off? Anyways, after calling him out hundreds of times, he has moved back into his room but instead of sleeping in his bed, he threw some blankets down on the floor right behind his door. WTF?!? What a lazy fuck. (there are many other reasons why we call him lazy)

-Ant.

The Ren
09-17-2009, 10:34 AM
I do not wear shoes in my house usually. My foyer is begining to look like a shoe closet.

xxbckiexx
09-17-2009, 10:35 AM
If my shoes are spotless I will walk to my room if I forgot something, but 99% of the time my shoes are off.

NOW, we have a roommate. A disguisting slob. He slept in his bed for one week and for MONTHs he slept in the living, on the floor, FULLY clothed. Button down shirt to his sneakers.
-Ant.

LOL WHAT? you can't be serious...

Firefightin_tC
09-17-2009, 10:38 AM

NOW, we have a roommate. A disguisting slob. He slept in his bed for one week and for MONTHs he slept in the living, on the floor, FULLY clothed. Button down shirt to his sneakers. He never takes his shoes off. They are generally clean but it is th principal of it. How hard ia it to take them off? Anyways, after calling him out hundreds of times, he has moved back into his room but instead of sleeping in his bed, he threw some blankets down on the floor right behind his door. WTF?!? What a lazy fuck. (there are many other reasons why we call him lazy)

-Ant.

Sounds like someone needs a new roommate, lol.

GaGen2Teg
09-17-2009, 10:39 AM
You come into about any of us asians or should i say 99% of us asians house you take off your shoes idk i guess i been doin it since i was a kid so im use to it.

make sure you sit down when you pee too:lmfao:

speedminded
09-17-2009, 10:42 AM

NOW, we have a roommate. A disguisting slob. He slept in his bed for one week and for MONTHs he slept in the living, on the floor, FULLY clothed. Button down shirt to his sneakers...I was about ask if you were sure he was alive, after 24 hours the smell gets pretty much unbearable. :doh:

Firefightin_tC
09-17-2009, 10:44 AM
Decomposition of a human body is a bitch.

quickdodgeŽ
09-17-2009, 10:53 AM
Decomposition of a human body is a bitch.

Isn't that the truth. The odor is horrid and the site is nasty. Later, QD.

Njobe
09-17-2009, 10:58 AM
they go off or my head goes off lol

On_Her_Face
09-17-2009, 11:00 AM
I'll wear them in my house (shitty college 6 bedroom house), not my parents house (nice house).

Firefightin_tC
09-17-2009, 11:01 AM
Isn't that the truth. The odor is horrid and the site is nasty. Later, QD.

Oh yeah, especially when the maggots start infesting and all the shit and the body gets qall bloated and discolored.

*shudders*

Kevykev
09-17-2009, 11:03 AM
What black man do you know sits around and mails mushrooms to other people? So don't bring race into the equation, buddy!

Lolol. Later, QD.

Hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa

you wear the same socks for weeks on end, thats the same as not taking off your shoes you dirty mother fucker!

hahahahahaha, You're like the media. 3=7 or 14 :lmfao::lmfao:

NOW, we have a roommate. A disguisting slob. He slept in his bed for one week and for MONTHs he slept in the living, on the floor, FULLY clothed. Button down shirt to his sneakers.

-Ant.

ding ding ding ... THERE IT IS!!!!

speedminded
09-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Oh yeah, especially when the maggots start infesting and all the shit and the body gets qall bloated and discolored.

*shudders*oh yum, that's the 4th or 5th day...then a couple weeks after that it all just falls apart when trying to move it. :doh:

Firefightin_tC
09-17-2009, 11:16 AM
Oh yes...I know this on a first-hand basis.

The shit they don't tell you when you're Rookie School.

xxbckiexx
09-17-2009, 11:24 AM
Hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa

hahahahahaha, You're like the media. 3=7 or 14 :lmfao::lmfao:

ding ding ding ... THERE IT IS!!!!

the roommate happens to be dominican! from what ant has told me.. not some white dude!

AnthonyF
09-17-2009, 11:53 AM
Sounds like someone needs a new roommate, lol.

You got that right. I think he's about to move back home. That filthy fuck.

-Ant.

Firefightin_tC
09-17-2009, 11:57 AM
^^ Need to find a one of those well-spoken black guys.

They're a clean people.

Vteckidd
09-17-2009, 12:02 PM
90% of the time i take them off just out of habit. I really dont think about it i just walk in and take them off.

I was always raised to take my shoes off in other peoples homes so i do that when i go in or i ask "should i take my shoes off" .

if im getting ready to leave sometimes ill put my shoes on and watch TV on my couch until its time to go or something.

Kevykev
09-17-2009, 12:02 PM
the roommate happens to be dominican! from what ant has told me.. not some white dude!

Damn, wait till I tell my dominican friends, that guy is a disgrace!

Damn, you ARE the media. What, did you arrange a personal interview with ant?

:lmfao:

AlanŽ
09-17-2009, 01:22 PM
My parents are divorced. My moms kinda OCD and most of the house is carpet so when i go to her house shoes are off. My dads house on the other hand is 10x nicer all hardwood and the shoes stay on. My dad isnt too picky when it comes to that he just wants everyone to be comfortable when they come over so its kinda do what you want when it comes to that.

speedminded
09-17-2009, 01:49 PM
My parents are divorced. My moms kinda OCD and most of the house is carpet so when i go to her house shoes are off. My dads house on the other hand is 10x nicer all hardwood and the shoes stay on. My dad isnt too picky when it comes to that he just wants everyone to be comfortable when they come over so its kinda do what you want when it comes to that.I can't stand carpet: it's unsanitary, constantly has to be cleaned (especially if pets are involved), and has a shorter life expectancy.

Hardwood floors are easy to maintain and just let one of those robot vacuums roam to keep it clean. A quick lightly damp mop is so much easier than steam cleaning on your hands and knees. Of course for acoustical reasons places like theater rooms should be carpeted but isn't required as long as there is a rug between the viewer and speakers. Then some people don't like that hardwood feels colder on their feet and with small kids harder surfaces can be dangerous.

It all comes down to priorities and if cleanliness isn't one of them then sure leave the shoes on. If you have house keeping then it doesn't matter :tongue:

StreetHazard
09-17-2009, 02:38 PM
shoes off! no matter what...my girlfriend would slay anyone like a fucking dragon if you dont take them off! She even bought a bunch of cheap flip-flops from old navy to keep next to the door for folks that want to go outside for a cigarette. we dont have hardwood (yet) we probably will next year, but nothing will fuck up some hardwood faster than some female wearing high heeled shoes tromping around in the living room, because it was too much trouble to take them off. Ill kill a slut if I see dents in our floor when we get it put in.

Crazy Asian
09-17-2009, 02:40 PM
asian will stare and glare you down if you dont take your shoes off.

StreetHazard
09-17-2009, 02:45 PM

my G/F is asian, I can verify that this man speaks the truth

TRDwasiq
09-17-2009, 02:48 PM
they wont stop until u take them !off lol:ninja:

S2KJD
09-17-2009, 02:49 PM
its half and half at our home cause downstairs is hardwoods so shoes on is no big deal, unless we just swiffered, but we usually take them off bf going upstairs on the carpet. Although, days like this we always take our shoes off just cause of all the rain.

x Resilience
09-17-2009, 02:49 PM
It's not a sanitary thing or anything for me, but the first thing I do when I get inside is remove my shoes. I hate having shoes on, lolol. I don't care if I'm fixing to go right back out. Off they come. Always been that way. Later, QD.

Same here.

x Resilience
09-17-2009, 02:51 PM

I LIRL'D.

02SloWrx
09-17-2009, 03:00 PM
I do the same. I can't stand walking in my shoes inside my house.

NewGen33
09-17-2009, 03:02 PM
I prefer my shoes on than off but when in the house they have to come off. Plus after steeping on god knows what outside its just common sense.

amandDA
09-17-2009, 05:25 PM
mine come off once i get to my room dont know why just habit i guess

umairejaz
09-17-2009, 05:32 PM
In for reply later

Honda_91EF
09-17-2009, 05:34 PM
I'm bosnian, so no shoes in the house. lol.

Honda_91EF
09-17-2009, 05:37 PM
they go off or my head goes off lol

LOLOL, bosnian parents.

Jimmy B
09-17-2009, 05:43 PM
its a 50/50 thing for me.. if my shop is in my basement, so i take my "shop shoes" off when i sep out of that room.. but i tend to keep my shoes clean that i wear out, so i will wear those in teh house..

D3UC3S
09-17-2009, 07:37 PM
Everyone takes their shoes off before coming in my house

I pay alot of money for this biotch and i don't want a bunch of dirty shoes messin up my carpet

Jecht
09-17-2009, 07:42 PM
My shoes come off as soon as I'm in the door. They most certainly never touch the carpet.

thegovanator
09-17-2009, 07:47 PM
In my own house yes. In my mother's house and anyone else's home I don't unless they see me start to take my shoes off and mention that it is okay to wear them.

Z0_o6
09-17-2009, 09:34 PM
i very rarely wear shoes inside. it will fuck some carpet up, and we pay to have our carpet cleaned, so my fiance and i try our best to keep it nice, even with pets. she has been especially strict lately cause we JUST had the place professionally steam cleaned. i want all hardwood floors, but when you rent you don't decide that lol

GirlieZ
09-17-2009, 09:38 PM
nope, boyfriend is OCD neat freak

Echonova
09-17-2009, 10:01 PM
Shoes are always off, unless it's a bon-fire night then I stagger in and out with my shoes.

98blackcivic
09-17-2009, 10:53 PM
lol yea no shoes nside the house...geez we're asian for Gods sake

Buttons
09-18-2009, 09:37 AM
i love to be barefoot in my house. it might not be the best of things with our wooden atrium, because it's so easier to get splinters. i only got splinters for the first 2 years we lived in the house. the rest of the house is hardwood floor and tile, etc. there is no carpet at all.

now i live in a dorm, and the carpet floor was sooo DISGUSTING the first time i got here. but my roommates are freaks about vacuuming and cleaning everything. and i vacuum my room a lot too. there is a little bit of tile in the kitchen that we swiffer a lot.

K20Z1
09-18-2009, 09:43 AM
take off your shoes when you enter please :)

ATL_EG
09-18-2009, 12:39 PM
work boots gotta come off instantly, usually on the front porch.(there all dirty and after 12 hours i don't want 'em on my feets anymore) sneakers ill mill around in for a touch but generally kick 'em off soon after

Elbow
09-18-2009, 12:42 PM
I never wear shoes in my house, unless I am running in real quick.

JEY$JDM
09-18-2009, 12:43 PM
My shoes can fuck off when I get home.

03RCode
09-18-2009, 01:03 PM
Work boots come off on the mat outside, then sit in the entryway. Other shoes make it through the door, then on a shelf beside it. No shoes in my house.

JITB
09-18-2009, 01:05 PM
I sleep with my shoes on

1MP0RTL0V3R
09-18-2009, 07:30 PM
i walk into my house and go to my room and put my slippers on always

speedminded
09-18-2009, 07:33 PM
I sleep with my shoes onThat's because you're white!

cactusEG
09-18-2009, 07:35 PM
Most of the time I put on my sandles...