PDA

View Full Version : multi point question

THEONE
09-16-2009, 11:02 PM
i know this topic has been covered 10000000000 times hehe

im workin on a dual to multi point conversion
and i keep reading on it and some people say i need a obd0 black harness.what the heck is that? and where can i find ecu pins and do i really need them for this? oh and where the hell can i find the injector harness/clips with wires? i cant find those anywhere not even ebay haha. any info would be appreciated.

SiRed94
09-16-2009, 11:40 PM
i know this topic has been covered 10000000000 times hehe

im workin on a dual to multi point conversion
and i keep reading on it and some people say i need a obd0 black harness.what the heck is that? and where can i find ecu pins and do i really need them for this? oh and where the hell can i find the injector harness/clips with wires? i cant find those anywhere not even ebay haha. any info would be appreciated.

Pull-a-part is your best friend. You can get the clips and injectors from an OBD1 SOHC and eliminate the resistor box wiring. You will only need one ECU plug because you will only need probably 2 pins out of it. You don't need any harness. You will need the harness side of the distributor plug if you want your A6 distributor to be plug and play. (this is the hardest plug to find) The throttle position sensor wires you will have to extend and swap the two outer wires, but you can use regular auto parts store wire for that.

punkr6
09-16-2009, 11:45 PM
or just make it easy and go to rywire.com

MidLifeCrisis
09-17-2009, 10:28 AM
or just make it easy and go to rywire.com

easier, but way over price.. last i checked it was 300 to get your DPFI harness converted to OBD-1 VTEC.