PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here work for AT&T??

Ms Dollar
09-16-2009, 11:09 AM
Okay, I have been with AT&T for a while now, even back when it was still Cingular. Lately they have been f-ing up big time. Adding random charges to my bill (i.e. Early termination charges on my line, and my husband's line for no reason). I call them about it and they can't seem to get everything straight. They say that the amounts have been credited back already, but I still show them on my bill. Well I now have an $800 phone bill, but they only show that I owe like $200. :thinking:

/rant

Kasper
09-16-2009, 11:13 AM
typical.. that would be why i dont go threw at&t.. just wait there gonna go belly up as soon as apple's contract with them is up.. they already announced that once its up then there gonna turn the iphone into an unlock phone...

Ms Dollar
09-16-2009, 11:16 AM
typical.. that would be why i dont go threw at&t.. just wait there gonna go belly up as soon as apple's contract with them is up.. they already announced that once its up then there gonna turn the iphone into an unlock phone...

I didn't even hear about that! So what will happen to people that have service with AT&T then? I have 2 cellphone lines, home phone, internet, and U-Verse.

Kasper
09-16-2009, 11:45 AM
there gonna try to charge even more for early term. because people just wanted there phone. so at&t is scrambleing to try to find something new to save them.. somewhere around 70% of there sales i think it is in there mobile area is for the iphone alone.. so expect them to try to suck as much money outa you as possible the next few months..

Njobe
09-16-2009, 11:47 AM
T-Mobile FTW

Ms Dollar
09-16-2009, 12:06 PM
there gonna try to charge even more for early term. because people just wanted there phone. so at&t is scrambleing to try to find something new to save them.. somewhere around 70% of there sales i think it is in there mobile area is for the iphone alone.. so expect them to try to suck as much money outa you as possible the next few months..

Well that explains why my bill is so high right now...:rolleyes:

hondachik
09-16-2009, 12:08 PM
Boost mobile!!! :goodjob:

I pay my $50 a month every month and I dont have to worry about any hidden fees and bs charges

Kasper
09-16-2009, 12:13 PM
T-mobiles just as bad! if it wasnt for the modem interface for there cell phones they'd be shit outa luck! cause at my ex's house she couldnt talk to me cause her signal sucked.. thankfully i got her a new phone that had the wireless modem interfaceing to allow her to talk inside her house useing it instead of a cell signal!

Ms Dollar
09-16-2009, 12:50 PM
I agree...T-Mobile definitely sucks. My service was terrible and their customer service is horrible!

Njobe
09-16-2009, 12:52 PM
You guys just suck :cry:

Ms Dollar
09-16-2009, 12:53 PM
You guys just suck :cry:

:no:

Njobe
09-16-2009, 12:54 PM
:goodjob:

SicStang03
09-16-2009, 12:59 PM
I work for a ATT...

What do you want me to do? I can check the system to see what billing shows that you owe... but if the person you already talked to did that than it's a waste of my time. Maybe there is just a typo in the bill. Did they just give you credit towards future bills or refund?

TIGERJC
09-16-2009, 01:07 PM
I didn't even hear about that! So what will happen to people that have service with AT&T then? I have 2 cellphone lines, home phone, internet, and U-Verse.

Thats why it is messed up, combine billing sometimes screws up the first 2 bills cycles and creates a headache for the cust

Paul
09-16-2009, 01:39 PM
GTIkid works for them

Ms Dollar
09-16-2009, 04:58 PM
Thats why it is messed up, combine billing sometimes screws up the first 2 bills cycles and creates a headache for the cust

I started combined billing about 9 months ago...It's been one hassle after another ever since I did that. :(

Ms Dollar
09-16-2009, 05:01 PM
I work for a ATT...

What do you want me to do? I can check the system to see what billing shows that you owe... but if the person you already talked to did that than it's a waste of my time. Maybe there is just a typo in the bill. Did they just give you credit towards future bills or refund?

PM sent.

Honda_91EF
09-16-2009, 05:03 PM
T-Mobile FTW

x2! Except for some places where theres no signal lol.

gtikid
09-16-2009, 05:30 PM
Okay, I have been with AT&T for a while now, even back when it was still Cingular. Lately they have been f-ing up big time. Adding random charges to my bill (i.e. Early termination charges on my line, and my husband's line for no reason). I call them about it and they can't seem to get everything straight. They say that the amounts have been credited back already, but I still show them on my bill. Well I now have an $800 phone bill, but they only show that I owe like $200. :thinking:

/rant

We went through a billing system change about a month and a half ago and we've had a COUPLE of customers come in with that problem, only a handful. It added an early termination fee by mistake. Just call and they'll get it taken care of.

Also, people always come in saying they're phone bill is $xxx amount. What happens a lot of the time is they pay the bill maybe a few days late, which isn't a big deal at all. What ends up happening is when the next bill populates, it shows the old bill as a past due balance, plus the new amount, which results in your "new" bill appearing to be high. Come into the store and i'd be glad to check. You're only the 2nd customer i've known to have that termination fee added onto there

What are you talking about? :thinking:

SicStang03
09-16-2009, 05:33 PM
gtikid... do you have access to telegence and care?

gtikid
09-16-2009, 05:34 PM
gtikid... do you have access to telegence and care?

Sure do

Kasper
09-16-2009, 05:44 PM
check online.. it was released to the press like last week. apple is desolving there contract with at&t for the iphone. no release on the date yet but its supposed to happen sometime in the near future.. what ya didn't get the memo?

Ms Dollar
09-16-2009, 05:49 PM
We went through a billing system change about a month and a half ago and we've had a COUPLE of customers come in with that problem, only a handful. It added an early termination fee by mistake. Just call and they'll get it taken care of.

Also, people always come in saying they're phone bill is $xxx amount. What happens a lot of the time is they pay the bill maybe a few days late, which isn't a big deal at all. What ends up happening is when the next bill populates, it shows the old bill as a past due balance, plus the new amount, which results in your "new" bill appearing to be high. Come into the store and i'd be glad to check. You're only the 2nd customer i've known to have that termination fee added onto there

What are you talking about? :thinking:

What store do you work at? I just might have to stop by and have you take a look.

Njobe
09-16-2009, 05:53 PM
x2! Except for some places where theres no signal lol.
finally somebody on my side lol

gtikid
09-16-2009, 06:17 PM
check online.. it was released to the press like last week. apple is desolving there contract with at&t for the iphone. no release on the date yet but its supposed to happen sometime in the near future.. what ya didn't get the memo?

That's old news. And that's supposed to mean what? You act like if people haven't been able to unlock these phones since they came out. You think everyone that ALREADY has an iphone with AT&T is gonna get up and leave? :no: Whenever you're ready to get good service, come see me and i'll hook you up with an iphone :goodjob:

quickdodgeŽ
09-16-2009, 06:18 PM
Julian needs to shut the fuck up. Later, QD.

gtikid
09-16-2009, 06:18 PM
What store do you work at? I just might have to stop by and have you take a look.

Pleasant Hill behind the BP

Ms Dollar
09-16-2009, 06:20 PM
Pleasant Hill behind the BP

Boooo, that's waaaayy too far away.

gtikid
09-16-2009, 06:33 PM
Julian needs to shut the fuck up. Later, QD.

I'll shank you

quickdodgeŽ
09-16-2009, 06:35 PM
I'll shank you

Is that a promise? Later, QD.

Kasper
09-16-2009, 07:11 PM
hmm ill stick with sprint. specially since I'm in fl and I get service everywhere. that and the nice discount I get. never said u couldn't unlock them in the first place. but the average person doesn't know that. I'm not putting it down. I was just filling her in on the news that I saw. no need to get bent bubba..

gtikid
09-16-2009, 09:00 PM
hmm ill stick with sprint. specially since I'm in fl and I get service everywhere. that and the nice discount I get. never said u couldn't unlock them in the first place. but the average person doesn't know that. I'm not putting it down. I was just filling her in on the news that I saw. no need to get bent bubba..

You mean that nice discount they give everyone? What do you expect from the ONLY major cell provider that loses customers quarter after quarter, year after year. They have to do something to stay above water. I know all about sprint and their service, or lack thereof. No one's getting bent here, just filling in the bits of information that you left out :goodjob:

TIGERJC
09-16-2009, 09:08 PM
gitkid push some wired to me

gtikid
09-16-2009, 09:50 PM
gitkid push some wired to me

Fuck that, you seen my numbers from last month?? 1 posted (from the previous month :lmfao:) and 000000 submitted. Luckily I have 1 submitted for this month...that's all we need to keep from getting written up :D

Honda_91EF
09-16-2009, 10:06 PM
finally somebody on my side lol

Lol, some of my friends have verizon and at&t and they have service somewhere, where I don't. I get pissed lol. But when it comes time to pay for their bill, theres always some problems lolol. I've been with tmobile 7+ years, never a problem. Well, once they sent some bill for $800, but it was an accident lol.

TIGERJC
09-16-2009, 10:17 PM
Fuck that, you seen my numbers from last month?? 1 posted (from the previous month :lmfao:) and 000000 submitted. Luckily I have 1 submitted for this month...that's all we need to keep from getting written up :D

are you sure, b/c we're told 2 submitted to stay off of sam

Guess I will be making another thread in the wallstreet section

ShooterMcGavin
09-16-2009, 11:04 PM
grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. if you really hate them then go with someone else, that is, until you start to hate them too.

ATK_Designs
09-17-2009, 08:52 AM
lol, just when I was having trouble with my AT&T service. They have random charge for outgoing data on one of my Family line (which I know 100% sure that it's not being used).

They've shut off the data on that line and credited me the charge, and now my other line's Internet isn't working. I'm getting frustrated here.

Ms Dollar
09-17-2009, 09:45 AM
Just got off the phone with AT&T again. They can now see the total due of $800, but they don't know why there is a rolling balance on the bill each month. The lady I talked to, Shaniqua (no joke that was really her name...although I may have butchered the spelling), has to call someone else to figure out why there is a balance. Good news is that they are going to be removing all of the random late charges :D

TIGERJC
09-17-2009, 10:01 AM
lol, just when I was having trouble with my AT&T service. They have random charge for outgoing data on one of my Family line (which I know 100% sure that it's not being used).

They've shut off the data on that line and credited me the charge, and now my other line's Internet isn't working. I'm getting frustrated here.

now you want to go in to a corp store fso they will to put the data pay per use or data plan on the line you want to have access to the net. Trust me, its better to go in to a store b/c you get a receipt that shows what was taken off or put on the phone line the rep was working on

SicStang03
09-17-2009, 01:16 PM
We went through a billing system change about a month and a half ago

I missed this earlier... Are you talking about the smartphone activation welcome message that got pushed globally to all smartphone imei-ranges?

stillaneon
09-17-2009, 01:20 PM
So AT&T adopted CARE from Cingular?

SicStang03
09-17-2009, 01:27 PM
So AT&T adopted CARE from Cingular?

CARE is the original Bell South billing system and Telegence was SBC (Southern Bell Company I think) billing system.... ATT just merged all that shit

stillaneon
09-17-2009, 01:34 PM
CARE is the original Bell South billing system and Telegence was SBC (Southern Bell Company I think) billing system.... ATT just merged all that shit

I don't know. When I worked for Cingular, I remember having 17 or so systems but CARE was the main.

just suprised AT&T decided to adopt it instead of forcing everyone to change to some system they used

SicStang03
09-17-2009, 01:49 PM
I don't know. When I worked for Cingular, I remember having 17 or so systems but CARE was the main.

just suprised AT&T decided to adopt it instead of forcing everyone to change to some system they used

Well, it was a Mainframe thing.... Care was AS400 I believe. The Telegence, hmmmm. Can't remember if that was the mainframe name.. Well, there was a lot of talk about migrating. They wanted Care to be the only system. Then Texas SBC took over and they had Telegence. Things got rather complicated. Too many billing systems. I think it was just too much effort I guess, if they still have more than one. Too many mergers really, SBC then the ATT.. got real nasty. Everything depends on the billing system. When these companies merge, it is a real nightmare. Its a very, big deal. Many of these other computer systems hang off and interface in the end with the billing system. You almost have to rewrite all your front end systems if you want to change a billing system. Plus imagine all the people that work on those billing systems! Do you let them all go or move to an entirely different system? Those are very big systems also. I can see how it could take years to migrate.

gtikid
09-17-2009, 02:14 PM
I missed this earlier... Are you talking about the smartphone activation welcome message that got pushed globally to all smartphone imei-ranges?

Nope, i'm talking about going from CARE to Telegence...took place at the end of July

SicStang03
09-17-2009, 02:19 PM
Nope, i'm talking about going from CARE to Telegence...took place at the end of July

Well shit! I didn't even know that... I test and maintain the RSS, CNOT, and IMEItrigger platforms. We also built all associated GUI's like CARD2 and wrote the load balancing scripts during the Dobson/ATT integration.

gtikid
09-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Well shit! I didn't even know that... I test and maintain the RSS, CNOT, and IMEItrigger platforms. We also built all associated GUI's like CARD2 and wrote the load balancing scripts during the Dobson/ATT integration.

Who do I talk to about getting a transfer? :D

SicStang03
09-17-2009, 02:27 PM
Who do I talk to about getting a transfer? :D

LOL I dunno... What kind of background do you have? Sales? Programming?

gtikid
09-17-2009, 02:28 PM
LOL I dunno... What kind of background do you have? Sales? Programming?

3 years of Sales there....no programming at all. I've been looking into moving to the Real Estate side of the company though.

SicStang03
09-17-2009, 02:33 PM
3 years of Sales there....no programming at all. I've been looking into moving to the Real Estate side of the company though.

Well I don't know much about the sales side but I would say just try and work your way up to the corporate side... then get crammed in a 6x6 cubicle off Glenridge.. LOL

gtikid
09-17-2009, 02:34 PM
Well I don't know much about the sales side but I would say just try and work your way up to the corporate side... then get crammed in a 6x6 cubicle off Glenridge.. LOL

That's my dream!! Lol :no: You guys are off Glenridge right? On the top floor?

SicStang03
09-17-2009, 02:43 PM
That's my dream!! Lol :no: You guys are off Glenridge right? On the top floor?

No I'm out in Alpharetta... The company I work for is like a contract company for ATT... Practical Labs.. I won't be caught dead in a cubicle LOL

I do live down the street from the Glenridge building though LOL

Greddypacked
09-17-2009, 02:45 PM
Boostmobile's 50$ a month all you can talk and text. PROBLEM SOLVED. www.boostmobile.com ENJOY!

stillaneon
09-17-2009, 03:09 PM
Well, it was a Mainframe thing.... Care was AS400 I believe. The Telegence, hmmmm. Can't remember if that was the mainframe name.. Well, there was a lot of talk about migrating. They wanted Care to be the only system. Then Texas SBC took over and they had Telegence. Things got rather complicated. Too many billing systems. I think it was just too much effort I guess, if they still have more than one. Too many mergers really, SBC then the ATT.. got real nasty. Everything depends on the billing system. When these companies merge, it is a real nightmare. Its a very, big deal. Many of these other computer systems hang off and interface in the end with the billing system. You almost have to rewrite all your front end systems if you want to change a billing system. Plus imagine all the people that work on those billing systems! Do you let them all go or move to an entirely different system? Those are very big systems also. I can see how it could take years to migrate.

Yeah, I worked when Cingular took over AT&T wireless. so we had CARE, Clarify and somewhere around 15 othewr systems they were trying to integrate.

Was a real PITA. Ended up having a blue side and orange side. I'm so glad I got rid of that.

I work for sprint now, and we had issues when we merged with nextel, but nothing like the issues I had with Cingular.

gtikid
09-17-2009, 07:11 PM
Yeah, I worked when Cingular took over AT&T wireless. so we had CARE, Clarify and somewhere around 15 othewr systems they were trying to integrate.

Was a real PITA. Ended up having a blue side and orange side. I'm so glad I got rid of that.

I work for sprint now, and we had issues when we merged with nextel, but nothing like the issues I had with Cingular.

I worked at Sprint/Nextel when they merged together, and I was at a Legacy Nextel store. That conversion sucked asssssssssssssssssss for us!! We didn't know how to work the Sprint system at all. I ended up leaving before I could get used to the system and went to AT&T when they were having their merger

stillaneon
09-17-2009, 10:04 PM
I run 3 legacy nextel stores, but luckily I came in when they were almost done with the swap from P2K to Ensemble. So much smoother without FDT