PDA

View Full Version : Miata vs. turbo Galant vs. R32 VW vs. 5.slow

Doppelgänger
10-12-2005, 06:18 PM
So i finally got out for a little fun this weekend and had some good runs in...finally.

Miata v.s Turbo Galant (newer style)

So as i sit in my car sat. night enjoying a little heat because my feet were cold (remind me not to wear sandals when its cold again...err chilly). This guy walks up and says "OK, lets cut the bullshit and get some runs in. I'm sick of all this talk and no one running... wanna go?". Honestly at first i though someone was shit talking on my behalf to this guy and he wanted to go... but i guess he randomly picked me to ask to race. Whatever. Sure.... im sick of sitting on my ass too. He says he's running 7.5 psion the stock 2.4L and the car is automatic. I'm running 6-7psi on a 1.8L...5spd.
We got to our little area and line up. Flagger drops and we go. Now off the line.... maybe for the first 10ft or so, we're both getting it.... i attribute the lack of wheelspin to the automatic...but that quickly becomes pointless. My car catches traction in 1st. Gone. I immidatly start pulling.. same for 2nd, 3rd and theres no need for 4th now. We get back, give a quick handshake and agree the results and move on to other people.

Miata vs. R32 Gulf

So im watching this guy. I know its AWD, and im just rwd... i shouldnt even be thinging i can hang. But with sub-6second 0-60 times for me.... i start wondering exactly how bad i'd get handed off the line. So i make the offer...he takes it. Now i know i cant take off just like a awd car... dont think i am. So we line up. We're ready. Flagger looks at us and raises his arms and he jumps just a moment before he drops. Damn. I launch, but im caught offguard and gett too much wheels spin. By the time i catch traction, my front bumper is just barely at his back bumper. 2nd. I start reeling him in. 3rd and 4th.. im sill pulling ever so slowly. It takes the whole straight for me to make it nose to nose with him...niiice. A very good close race. i ask to go again...we roll back and everyones panicing and leaving.... mabe next weekend.

Miata vs. 5.0 Foxbody

By this time its getting late... past 3am. A regular form another spot shows up in his mustang. Now i dont liek these cars.. not one bit. Because its always a mixed bag of nuts.... you just have no fucking cluse what these guys have. One can be all bad ass sound and go nowhere... but have one thats pretty tame sounding/looking and be stupid fast. I hope this ones not the latter. He says it runs mid-14's. See.. my only advantage is off the line traction, those things are very hard to launch on regular street tires... i know... i have tried. So we line up. Go. I get a immidate pull off the line like i though i was going to. 2nd. I'm still ahead... how far? Just enough i can see him in my rearview mirror and he staying right about there. I keep my lead. Well, we get back and he says he started spinning in 2nd and let off...hmm... seems like he didnt because he stayed at one point behind me the whole race and we were still accelerating.... so whatever. If it was bs or not, i pulled..... and if he wants another shot this weekend... bring it on.

Game over.

TranceDJ06
10-12-2005, 06:24 PM
:goodjob: That sounds good.

WINDSOR
10-12-2005, 09:06 PM
foxbodies own you. What mods did it have?

JDMracer16
10-12-2005, 09:28 PM
nice runs

4dmin
10-12-2005, 10:44 PM
Miata vs. R32 Gulf

So im watching this guy. I know its AWD, and im just rwd... i shouldnt even be thinging i can hang. But with sub-6second 0-60 times for me.... i start wondering exactly how bad i'd get handed off the line. So i make the offer...he takes it. Now i know i cant take off just like a awd car... dont think i am. So we line up. We're ready. Flagger looks at us and raises his arms and he jumps just a moment before he drops. Damn. I launch, but im caught offguard and gett too much wheels spin. By the time i catch traction, my front bumper is just barely at his back bumper. 2nd. I start reeling him in. 3rd and 4th.. im sill pulling ever so slowly. It takes the whole straight for me to make it nose to nose with him...niiice. A very good close race. i ask to go again...we roll back and everyones panicing and leaving.... mabe next weekend.

r32 are awd, but it is electric awd, so it sucks... plus the car is like heavy :eek: i would think you should be able to take it

Doppelgänger
10-12-2005, 11:10 PM
yeah... if we started even adn i got a better launch.. it would have been different... but racing is racing... i'll try again this weekend.

SilverJester
10-12-2005, 11:55 PM
R32's are pretty nice cars but they are overrated....nice kills :goodjob:

RandomGuy
10-13-2005, 12:40 AM
sure the galant wasnt awd?

SilverJester
10-13-2005, 02:31 AM
sure the galant wasnt awd?
only the 91 and 92 vr4's are AWD and turbo (stock anyways). He said it was a newer galant, meaning no vr4

DrivenMind
10-13-2005, 03:39 AM
Mike you fucking supercharged whore, nice kills.
R32 VW's are one of those misunderstood cars. They're not as fast as everyone makes them out to be, but they're much better in the areas people don't give them credit for.

PS; PM me about making that drift video.

Ran
10-13-2005, 08:31 AM
foxbodies own you. What mods did it have?5.0 Foxbody = Ford donkey sludge. The later 4.6L GT is better.

Nice kills Mike. So uh...when are we gonna do our little race? :cool:

Repost Squintz
10-13-2005, 09:43 AM
sounds like fun wish i had a high enough horsepowered car to play

WINDSOR
10-13-2005, 05:31 PM
5.0 Foxbody = Ford donkey sludge. The later 4.6L GT is better.

Nice kills Mike. So uh...when are we gonna do our little race? :cool:

haha i can tell you don't know shit about ford motors. The 4.6s are better (99 and up only) then the 5.0s stock for stock but once you put a better set of heads/cam/intake on the5.0 they kill the 4.6. 4.6 does not have much aftermarket support like the 5.0 does.

Ran
10-13-2005, 10:13 PM
haha i can tell you don't know shit about ford motors. The 4.6s are better (99 and up only) then the 5.0s stock for stock but once you put a better set of heads/cam/intake on the5.0 they kill the 4.6. 4.6 does not have much aftermarket support like the 5.0 does.You are correct, I don't know a lot about Ford motors nor do I really care to learn about them honestly. However, from every Mustang "enthusiast" I've come across, they've almost never had anything good to say about the 5.0L engine V8. I'm sure that they have a huge aftermarket following and they go in a straight line very well, but all I ever hear from Mustang guys is that the 4.6L is usually a better bet. You sound like a Ford guy so I'll take you word for it on the engine builds.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm gonna go tinker with my 1.8L I-4. lol

Speedm0(\)key
10-13-2005, 10:42 PM
damn.. i thought the R32 would be quicker then that, but fuck good kill man, wouldnt happen to be blue driven by a mexican guy would it?, mike we need to get another run from a dig real soon Z and STi, ill give you a 2 car headstart vs the STi.. just for shits and giggles, and i know you're good getting off the line so i wanna see how you'd do against the STi

5.7camal
10-14-2005, 10:10 AM
mike ill race u for $200 from a dig
i need some new tires...
:D

Spin2nd
10-15-2005, 02:42 PM
However, from every Mustang "enthusiast" I've come across, they've almost never had anything good to say about the 5.0L engine V8.

The 4.6 makes great power for what it is; an oversized pile of small displacement techno garbage. Now they love forced induction but they cost an arm and a leg to do anything to. IMHO the smallblock still rules -- it costs half as much to make twice as fast. I've had both, and I absolutely love the stock motor in my car but it dosen't really make enough torque for as heavy as the car is. On the bright side, however, look how well the 32v motors woke up with a positive displacement blowers from '03 on up.

RanKizama, I was next to you on 575 a few weeks back headed south towards barrett (I followed you on from sixes in my red 99 cobra droptop). I wanted to see how fast a msm miata was but I was below "E" and didn't want to run out of gas, lol. You've got a good lookin' car, I'll introduce myself if I see you out anytime soon.

Droptopdrifter,

You didn't used to run around a couple years ago in your miata with like 275+ or nitto D/R's on the back did you? I remember seeing a green miata at one of the "unliscensed test tracks" out on the eastside a couple years back...thought it was kinda cool looking with 4 inches of tire sticking out each side, lol.

Ran
10-16-2005, 06:14 PM
The 4.6 makes great power for what it is; an oversized pile of small displacement techno garbage. Now they love forced induction but they cost an arm and a leg to do anything to. IMHO the smallblock still rules -- it costs half as much to make twice as fast. I've had both, and I absolutely love the stock motor in my car but it dosen't really make enough torque for as heavy as the car is. On the bright side, however, look how well the 32v motors woke up with a positive displacement blowers from '03 on up.Nice post of info. It's always good to learn new things. :)

RanKizama, I was next to you on 575 a few weeks back headed south towards barrett (I followed you on from sixes in my red 99 cobra droptop). I wanted to see how fast a msm miata was but I was below "E" and didn't want to run out of gas, lol. You've got a good lookin' car, I'll introduce myself if I see you out anytime soon.I appreciate the compliment but I'm pretty sure that your Cobra will eat my Miata alive. Still, we should meet one day and chat a bit. Then, if you still want to, you can blow the doors off my MSM. :goodjob:

jackdaripper
10-16-2005, 06:41 PM
What about the civic that beat you.

Doppelgänger
10-16-2005, 09:57 PM
What about the civic that beat you.
You must be talkign about the lying sack of shit with the blue hatch with the red rota GT-3's running around saying its a GS-R when its really a B18C5 and who is too much of a pansy to go from a dig?? That Civic?

Doppelgänger
10-16-2005, 09:58 PM
Droptopdrifter,

You didn't used to run around a couple years ago in your miata with like 275+ or nitto D/R's on the back did you? I remember seeing a green miata at one of the "unliscensed test tracks" out on the eastside a couple years back...thought it was kinda cool looking with 4 inches of tire sticking out each side, lol.
Sorry man.... you're thinking of another guy i know.. Humphrey. His shit is siiick... mine isnt near as fast in a straight line as his. my old car was white....

jackdaripper
10-16-2005, 10:08 PM
no talking about the red hatch that beat you from a dig

Doppelgänger
10-17-2005, 10:10 AM
its quick..no doubt. B20/VTEC = more power then i have in a lighter car. That was my first time running on slicks too.... i should have beaten that CRX-thing.. but i had no fucking clue how to launch on slicks lol. I'll be out and give it a shot again. But it wasnt near a spanking or anytihng... 1st, 2nd and 3rd were all pretty much dead even... pulled about 1/2 car at the end. good run.

1439/2000
10-17-2005, 11:30 AM
Too bad the galant wasn't the real deal. I'll go at it from a dig with you.

Doppelgänger
10-17-2005, 12:41 PM
OK Jay...we'll go from a dig.... then we'll take a little trip up ga400... and all you have to do is follow me......

jackdaripper
10-17-2005, 04:24 PM
its quick..no doubt. B20/VTEC = more power then i have in a lighter car. That was my first time running on slicks too.... i should have beaten that CRX-thing.. but i had no fucking clue how to launch on slicks lol. I'll be out and give it a shot again. But it wasnt near a spanking or anytihng... 1st, 2nd and 3rd were all pretty much dead even... pulled about 1/2 car at the end. good run.

Well its low compression built for a power adder and it doesnt have one yet (or does it) maybe this weekend plus after the power adder it will need slicks hell when vtec crosses over it breaks loose.

Doppelgänger
10-17-2005, 11:58 PM
i know what that car was running when we went... and i know its potential for more... and the letters stamped on the block too ;)

But c'mon.... for my Miata that weighs more and has probably about the same.. maybe a little less power... i dont think i did tooooo shabby. 2400lb and ~180rwhp. But i dare you to attempt to follow me in the mountains.. thats where the real fun begins :D

aCrdinglyslO
10-18-2005, 01:52 AM
Mike!!! Stop lieing'....we all know you lost all those races'...hehe...jp'...i was there as your witness....props on the kills...

Ran
10-18-2005, 07:45 AM
But i dare you to attempt to follow me in the mountains.. thats where the real fun begins :DHeh heh, falling back on that crutch aren't we? We need to go do a mountain run once I get my rollbar install (Monday) and I get my new Yokohama's in. :)

Doppelgänger
10-18-2005, 10:38 AM
crutch?? lololol..... its just better then straight lines.....

Ran
10-18-2005, 12:14 PM
its just better then straight lines.....Agreed. :goodjob:

jackdaripper
10-18-2005, 11:30 PM
i know what that car was running when we went... and i know its potential for more... and the letters stamped on the block too ;)

But c'mon.... for my Miata that weighs more and has probably about the same.. maybe a little less power... i dont think i did tooooo shabby. 2400lb and ~180rwhp. But i dare you to attempt to follow me in the mountains.. thats where the real fun begins :D
That car weighed in at 2265 last weekend at the import shoot out, I weight about 70lbs more than you, not to metion my 99 miata weighed in at 2310 completely stock nothing in or out of it thats 40 more pounds and with me weighing more than you it evens out on weight. Now it wasnt even tuned last week it had a mild tune up and this weekend it will be better. If you want a mountian run we can do this also (for cash only) in my miata, or the hatch doesnt matter. We can run either cars from a dig, doesnt matter either way you will lose.

Doppelgänger
10-19-2005, 10:46 AM
now that you mention a Miata... what are the specs? Since you already know mine...... you have my intrest now for a mountain run Initial D style. (not copying the game, but thats what its actually called)

Ran
10-19-2005, 11:18 AM
I'll follow as a camera car. :D

jackdaripper
10-21-2005, 10:24 AM
now that you mention a Miata... what are the specs? Since you already know mine...... you have my intrest now for a mountain run Initial D style. (not copying the game, but thats what its actually called)
Stock everything.....But isnt everybodys.

1439/2000
10-21-2005, 10:36 AM

JdM TerMinOlogY is Sick!!