PDA

View Full Version : rod and crank bearing part number question

THEONE
09-15-2009, 11:19 PM
i have a question im trying see if my bearings are standard or stock replacements to be sure.

oh and its a d16a6 and i have 2 sets of numbers from the rod bearings and the crank bearings. i think they are standard but i wanna be sure.

rod bearings numbers . C4046 am /also is says HJ std

crank bearings . M5568 am / also says AL2

Barefoot
09-15-2009, 11:33 PM
i have a question im trying see if my bearings are standard or stock replacements to be sure.

oh and its a d16a6 and i have 2 sets of numbers from the rod bearings and the crank bearings. i think they are standard but i wanna be sure.

rod bearings numbers . C4046 am /also is says HJ std

crank bearings . M5568 am / also says AL2 std

any ideas??? thanks
can u see any colors on the bearings still.

THEONE
09-15-2009, 11:35 PM
can u see any colors on the bearings still.

nah they are shiney,i know they were replaced and still look pretty good.

Barefoot
09-15-2009, 11:39 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/partsforsale/other/62474388.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/partsforsale/other/62474389.gif
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/partsforsale/other/62474390.gif

or u can manually size them which a bitch but will be the most accurate. it will take into account for wear over time.

THEONE
09-15-2009, 11:45 PM
that is interesting there^^^ but i have no idea what i means haha.
all i have are numbers no colors im guessing they are standard size since they are stamped std. man when i was buildin chevy motors and olds motors this was much mor simple they would have the size stamped right on the bearing.hondas piss me off lol

Barefoot
09-15-2009, 11:53 PM
that is interesting there^^^ but i have no idea what i means haha.
all i have are numbers no colors im guessing they are standard size since they are stamped std. man when i was buildin chevy motors and olds motors this was much mor simple they would have the size stamped right on the bearing.hondas piss me off lol
if they are oem they have a color (same as the same) on them if there aftermarket only god knows.

THEONE
09-15-2009, 11:59 PM
they are aftermarket im sure any ideas there is a little logo on the bearings here is a picture.

THEONE
09-16-2009, 12:30 AM
haha i just found the logo on ebay they are king engine bearings.

yeah i got it now thanks man,i looked up thier site and they have a cross refrence section that points me to acl bearings and yeah the bearings are standard .im kinda thinkin about tryin thier high performance set cause it sounds pretty goodand not goin with acl ...hmmm i think i will haha

dallasb84
09-16-2009, 01:10 AM
i went with acls......

when i looked at kings they were steel bearings with a coating..... vs. acls with are multi metal bearings.....

i think acls are the way to go..... they offer performance bearings but i bought the regulars...... king were cheapest.... acl race were more expensive and regular acls were right in the middle.... so i picked the regulars...

kinda like picking "c" on multiple choice ha ha

i dont see any reason why you cant get standard bearings especially if the crank mains and journals arent all mucked up..... after all the bearing is what is supposed to wear not the crank.... thats just how i see it but after all i could be wrong so dont take my word for it.

dallasb84
09-16-2009, 01:24 AM
zz