PDA

View Full Version : Rant...

The Ren
10-12-2005, 06:09 PM
Fucking GRRR... I drove to Brusters and when i parked I hear this hissing sound.. I pop my hood and my car is smoking and there is coolant all over the power steering bottle and my strut bar...grrr... Towing it somewhere is ganna suck cause its so damn low... this pisses me off...

/Rant

Kristi
10-12-2005, 06:10 PM
that sucks ren! i'm so sorry! good luck with it - if you need anything call me

99ITRGIRL
10-12-2005, 06:12 PM
im sorry :(

The Ren
10-12-2005, 06:13 PM
I pulled off the intake tube to try and get a better look and I can hear and see it dripping but I cant find from where...

Cliff
10-12-2005, 06:23 PM
let it cool down, refill the coolant and drive it home...cheaper than having it towed and just as efficient...if need be take breaks to make sure it doesn't overheat

The Ren
10-12-2005, 06:24 PM
Im home already...

HyPer50
10-12-2005, 06:25 PM
If you gotta get it towed, make sure you atleast get a flat bed and some 2x4's. AAA's tow company fucked my front bumper up haha, you cant see it "normally" but if you lay down and look at the bottom of the front bumper, that thing just dug into the concrete.

Oh ya, and hope that strut bar isn't painted. coolant fucks up paint lol.

The Ren
10-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Its a TRD strut bar.. not painted.. but I dunno If I can fix it here I would prefer to.. but I may not beable to...

HyPer50
10-12-2005, 06:29 PM
Probably just a burst hose, if so, those are simple to fix... just pop the clamps off and take the hose to Autozone/advanced. then just top the coolant back off. I'd assume thats what your problem is....

The Ren
10-12-2005, 06:31 PM
Thats what I figure but the engine bay is so damn cluttered...

HyPer50
10-12-2005, 06:32 PM
Thats what I figure but the engine bay is so damn cluttered...

Go domestic and you won't have that problem = P unless you get a 4.6 of course.... those things are PACKED into that bay lol.

Leisa
10-12-2005, 06:38 PM
Karen

Did you not have this car inspected before purchasing it??? It seems to be one problem after another...

RandomGuy
10-12-2005, 06:38 PM
OHHH NOOOOO u do know those supras are infamous from the blown HG's... that would suck in ur case... but on the bright side its a good excuse to get some head work in ;)

best of luck.

pray that its just a pipe or the radiator

Cliff
10-12-2005, 06:42 PM
well a car that's what around 10 years old....more than likely just a cracked hose

Cliff
10-12-2005, 06:42 PM
oh and get chris aka supra masta builda to come see if he can help you out :bigok:

HyPer50
10-12-2005, 06:45 PM
OHHH NOOOOO u do know those supras are infamous from the blown HG's... that would suck in ur case... but on the bright side its a good excuse to get some head work in ;)

best of luck.

pray that its just a pipe or the radiator

lol... well if the headgasket went out bad enough to spew coolant everywhere, i'm pretty sure she would of mentioned some driveability problems lol. Pretty sure it'd just be a hose, or maybe even a clamp thats just wore out.. I'd do a pressure test on it and see where the leak is.

RandomGuy
10-12-2005, 06:47 PM
lol... well if the headgasket went out bad enough to spew coolant everywhere, i'm pretty sure she would of mentioned some driveability problems lol. Pretty sure it'd just be a hose, or maybe even a clamp thats just wore out.. I'd do a pressure test on it and see where the leak is.
nah man, on my boys mk3, it was barely tellable just slightly rough idle... On my starion, I cant tell at ALL (really).. idles perfectly smooth, everything... she should check the oil.... does it smoke at all?

HyPer50
10-12-2005, 06:49 PM
nah man, on my boys mk3, it was barely tellable just slightly rough idle... On my starion, I cant tell at ALL (really).. idles perfectly smooth, everything... she should check the oil.... does it smoke at all?

Mine blew pretty bad... and all I had was "disappearing" coolant and it'd overheat when sitting in traffic, and a lil puff of white smoke when you first start it up... but man when they pressurized the system, that thing was smokin' like hell.... Bah, I hate blowing head gaskets lol, such a pain in the ass.

RandomGuy
10-12-2005, 06:54 PM
Mine blew pretty bad... and all I had was "disappearing" coolant and it'd overheat when sitting in traffic, and a lil puff of white smoke when you first start it up... but man when they pressurized the system, that thing was smokin' like hell.... Bah, I hate blowing head gaskets lol, such a pain in the ass.
yes, yes.... does suck... but its a good excuse to get port/polish, valvejobs new valves, valve springs, the worx. im sure she should look in to that, or just get a race head.

RUSH
10-12-2005, 07:10 PM
Its prolly just the thermastat, but I dought its a BHG!!

Check all your hose's, and check you radiator cap, if its bad then it will spill out when you shut it off!

WINDSOR
10-12-2005, 07:19 PM
i thought supras were reliable?

RUSH
10-12-2005, 07:21 PM
When they were new!

RUSH
10-12-2005, 07:23 PM
MK3's are known for BHG, not much on the MK4's

sixfifty
10-12-2005, 07:24 PM
BG is right around the corner. unless you are trying to say something.

RUSH
10-12-2005, 08:30 PM
BG is right around the corner. unless you are trying to say something.

What do you mean?

PSINXS
10-12-2005, 08:32 PM
Fucking GRRR... I drove to Brusters and when i parked I hear this hissing sound.. I pop my hood and my car is smoking and there is coolant all over the power steering bottle and my strut bar...grrr... Towing it somewhere is ganna suck cause its so damn low... this pisses me off...

/Rant
i quit toyota but still got the hook up on factory parts. lemme know if u need something

RUSH
10-12-2005, 08:38 PM
She might need a water pump, radiator cap, and thermastat...not sure about the pump though but it might be good to replace just in case.and if you do replace it, go with the 97-98 style!

Also, check on a T67 turbo kit, with a 3500 stall and you should be good to go then!

PSINXS
10-12-2005, 08:39 PM
^i'll call and get her prices at employee costs. thats gonna be bitch gettin that water pump in.

Spyder
10-12-2005, 08:40 PM
if you need help let me know :)

RUSH
10-12-2005, 08:42 PM
You might want to check the spark plugs while you have the motor out of the car...lol

The Ren
10-12-2005, 10:11 PM
Well I have a TRD radiator cap that has been dying to go on the supra... and as far as the water pump goes... bran if you can get me prices.. lemme know.. I will need all the help I can get.. I think Jason is ganna stop by tommorow and Andy (tryign to get clark as well) is ganna stop by on Friday...

ahmonrah
10-12-2005, 10:15 PM
Probably just a burst hose, if so, those are simple to fix... just pop the clamps off and take the hose to Autozone/advanced. then just top the coolant back off. I'd assume thats what your problem is.... my reply is late as hell, but i was thinking the same thing hyper50. a burst hose was one problem i had to deal with on my car. it was a bitch though, cause it was so close to where the water pump is situated i thought that my water pump had took a crap. thank god it was only a hose. but i'm still going to replace the water pump soon, just to be safe.

The Ren
10-12-2005, 10:16 PM
I was thinkign the same thing.. I can hear it drip and its smokes until it stops dripping... I just cant seem to find out where.. I have school in the AM but when I get back it looks like I will be working on it.. Im determined to find the problem and since the car is where it is.. a water pump prolly would be a good investment on my part

RUSH
10-12-2005, 10:19 PM
Ren, go here

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304822&highlight=thermastat

ahmonrah
10-12-2005, 10:21 PM
yeah, it's recommended to replace water pumps every 90k. and for me i dont know if the last owner bothered to do that with my car so i personally feel better replacing it, that way i have one less part to worry about replacing.

The Ren
10-12-2005, 10:23 PM
Since I dont know THAT much about it.. I think Jason (with the mkiii) is ganna come over tommorow and help me out.. I need to know how to do this.. but I cant do it alone the first time ya know..

The Ren
10-12-2005, 10:24 PM
yeah, it's recommended to replace water pumps every 90k. and for me i dont know if the last owner bothered to do that with my car so i personally feel better replacing it, that way i have one less part to worry about replacing.
Obviously he didnt do shit since ive replaced the battery and starter since i bought it

ahmonrah
10-12-2005, 10:25 PM
oh yeah i feel ya, but hopefully it's a simple fix (burst hose) unclamp and reclamp new one.

The Ren
10-12-2005, 10:25 PM
Thats what Im hoping... I guess I will find out tommorow..

ahmonrah
10-12-2005, 10:40 PM
fasho.....good luck with that dawg, keep us posted .

HyPer50
10-12-2005, 10:42 PM
Since I dont know THAT much about it.. I think Jason (with the mkiii) is ganna come over tommorow and help me out.. I need to know how to do this.. but I cant do it alone the first time ya know..

You need to know how to do what? If all you want to do is find the leak. Fill the system up with water, and get a coolant pressure tester (just a pump) take the pressure up to whatever your radiator cap says to go to, and look for the leak. Then ya just take it from there, but ya, I wouldn't suggest you doing the water pump, but a hose can be done very easily = )

The Ren
10-12-2005, 10:42 PM
You know I will...

The Ren
10-12-2005, 10:43 PM
You need to know how to do what? If all you want to do is find the leak. Fill the system up with water, and get a coolant pressure tester (just a pump) take the pressure up to whatever your radiator cap says to go to, and look for the leak. Then ya just take it from there, but ya, I wouldn't suggest you doing the water pump, but a hose can be done very easily = )
The water pump and thermostat was what i referring to.. the hose part is easy

HyPer50
10-12-2005, 10:43 PM
Obviously he didnt do shit since ive replaced the battery and starter since i bought it

Yup, thats the downside of buying a used car... sometimes you get the previous owners headaches lol.

PSINXS
10-12-2005, 10:45 PM
and the coolant pressure tester is easy to use. call me if u need help. i am toyota certified for it lol seriously

The Ren
10-12-2005, 10:46 PM
Bran come on over.. i'll supply pizza and drinks..

PSINXS
10-12-2005, 10:47 PM
bitchin!!! i am there.

ahmonrah
10-12-2005, 10:47 PM
and the coolant pressure tester is easy to use. call me if u need help. i am toyota certified for it lol seriously
(adding PSINSX to my mechanical assistance list)

http://www.nesdec.org/images/writing.jpg

HyPer50
10-12-2005, 10:48 PM
Ya... it's cool... Hyper didn't want pizza and drinks anyways! lol j/p

The Ren
10-12-2005, 10:48 PM
Woop.. Rush.. Jason.. anyone else who wants to come party...lol..

RUSH
10-12-2005, 10:55 PM
I cant make it down that way till friday!

RandomGuy
10-12-2005, 10:58 PM
bitchin!!! i am there.
yo my boy needs an oil change.

The Ren
10-13-2005, 12:11 AM
I cant make it down that way till friday!
Join Andy and clark (if he can come)..

HyPer50
10-13-2005, 12:13 AM
Just how many folks does it take to change out a hose? hahah j/p i know your doing more than just the hose = P

The Ren
10-13-2005, 12:15 AM
i know your doing more than just the hose = P
Now how do you know who.. i mean what im doing..

fawk_you
10-13-2005, 01:23 AM
things will get better girl, I promise. :)
:hump:

never_finished
10-13-2005, 01:53 AM
damn girl that sucks! which brusters was/is it at? hopefully its nothing major.

oh and lol about getting it on the a flatbed, at least yours will make it on a flatbed, im fucked if i ever need a tow :D

SilverJester
10-13-2005, 02:18 AM
Probably just a burst hose, if so, those are simple to fix... just pop the clamps off and take the hose to Autozone/advanced. then just top the coolant back off. I'd assume thats what your problem is....
I agree but it could a number of different things previously mentioned.

Go domestic and you won't have that problem = P unless you get a 4.6 of course.... those things are PACKED into that bay lol.
yeah the old domestics...but old imports are pretty roomy too. The '03/4 cobra's for example, the body has to be lifted away from the engine if you wanted to pull it out!! I can have my little import's engine out in 3hours (maybe less)

Woop.. Rush.. Jason.. anyone else who wants to come party...lol..
I already told you I'd help but won't have a running car until friday most likely (unless by some miracle satan has my water line in stock tommorow), hehe yeah I have a coolant leak too.

Hulud
10-13-2005, 03:17 AM
heh sorry to hear.

The Ren
10-13-2005, 03:44 AM
I already told you I'd help but won't have a running car until friday most likely (unless by some miracle satan has my water line in stock tommorow), hehe yeah I have a coolant leak too.
Exactly.. Im still counting on you if you can babe..but hey i know all about your car not working *kicks wall* and it fucking sucks

Importdreamer56
10-13-2005, 05:45 PM
bitchin!!! i am there.

clear your pms....you ho...lol

The Ren
10-13-2005, 05:46 PM
Well...Jason came over and found nothing.. so I decided to take it down the street not even a mile to the gas station.. as soon as I got on it.. the car started to run hot.. So as soon as I got home.. I looked under the hood and I think I found the hose.. but I'm not sure how im going to get this hose out which is why im going to have Andy come over tommorow and help me with it...

AznTraitor
10-13-2005, 06:08 PM
whoa, whoa, whoa......the car had to be towed home, you had no idea what could be wrong with it, someone checked it out without making any replacements, and you took it for a test drive?? You are damn lucky it wasnt something major, because then you'd be making a new thread about how your car is dead.

just a fyi.....anytime you have to tow a car home from a problem, it's probably not the best idea to take it for a test spin and "get on it".....sheesh.

Marta Mike
10-13-2005, 06:09 PM
as soon as I got on it.. the car started to run hot..

hmmmm i wonder-lol. Just messin wit ya ren. Sounds like a hose, especially since its dripping but ive heard of pumps making a hissing or squeaking noise when they go out. Best of luck!!! Start with the cheap stuff first :goodjob:

Marta Mike
10-13-2005, 06:10 PM
whoa, whoa, whoa......the car had to be towed home, you had no idea what could be wrong with it, someone checked it out without making any replacements, and you took it for a test drive?? You are damn lucky it wasnt something major, because then you'd be making a new thread about how your car is dead.

just a fyi.....anytime you have to tow a car home from a problem, it's probably not the best idea to take it for a test spin and "get on it".....sheesh.
u typed faster than me:( beat me to it.

AznTraitor
10-13-2005, 06:10 PM
hmmmm i wonder-lol. Just messin wit ya ren. Sounds like a hose, especially since its dripping but ive heard of pumps making a hissing or squeaking noise when they go out. Best of luck!!! Start with the cheap stuff first :goodjob:

haha, yeah...

let's go play with a go kart and "get on it" and see if it gets hot.....

The Ren
10-13-2005, 06:13 PM
no no.. The car wasnt towed home.. #1.. and #2.. I looked everywhere and so did Jason looking for the leak.. we even started the car and let it run for a good 5 mins and nothing.. so I figured If I refilled it and drove it a bit maybe it would start again..

AznTraitor
10-13-2005, 06:20 PM
no no.. The car wasnt towed home.. #1.. and #2.. I looked everywhere and so did Jason looking for the leak.. we even started the car and let it run for a good 5 mins and nothing.. so I figured If I refilled it and drove it a bit maybe it would start again..

no,no,no.

never do that.

also, anytime it's a cooling problem, start with the cheap stuff, ie hoses, thermostat, also...it's a good idea to check your coolant box...sometimes they get old and crack. Check your radiator and then you can move onto the fun stuff which is your waterpump.

The Ren
10-13-2005, 06:22 PM
Well Like I said once I got it home and popped the hood I think I foudn the hose that was dripping...
Here is a older pic of the engine bay but the hose i think it is.... or the general vacinity its coming from...

AznTraitor
10-13-2005, 06:26 PM
buy some of these or something similar

Samco Sport Hose Kit

http://www.nolimitmotorsport.com/2/samco-hose.jpg

I'm sure there is a company out there that makes a red hose kit, so it will also bring some bling to your engine bay.

The Ren
10-13-2005, 06:28 PM
Kewl.. Thanks for the help.. As most people know I am still pretty clueless on alot of stuff about cars.. but I refuse to let that stop me from learning.. not when Im driving a car with this much HP

CARBON GST
10-13-2005, 07:17 PM
maybe its because youre so "hot" . . . get it . . . "hot". Ok, sorry lame joke. :lmfao:

Clark94T
10-13-2005, 10:17 PM
Hey Karen,

Just saw you @ np. Like I said I'm almost positive it is the hoses that run under the intake manifold. They are a disaster waiting to happen. Coolant line that feeds the stock oil cooler has a nipple in the back off the block that goes into the IAC (Idle air control) then into the TB and then back into the front of the block.

Best to just bypass them all together or plug the block.

RandomGuy
10-13-2005, 10:32 PM
maybe its because youre so "hot" . . . get it . . . "hot". Ok, sorry lame joke. :lmfao:
lol blahhaha

it was lame but im bored.

just wondering how are the stock turbos on the mk4 cooled? coolant/oil or just oil.

The Ren
10-13-2005, 10:37 PM
Hey Karen,

Just saw you @ np. Like I said I'm almost positive it is the hoses that run under the intake manifold. They are a disaster waiting to happen. Coolant line that feeds the stock oil cooler has a nipple in the back off the block that goes into the IAC (Idle air control) then into the TB and then back into the front of the block.

Best to just bypass them all together or plug the block.
Thank you so much clark.. Seriously I was really worried that it might have been a HG or something.. You really made me feel so much better

SilverJester
10-14-2005, 12:13 AM
Hey ren I'll give you a call after I get out of my interview...I don't know if I'll have a car or not yet. I'm gonna wake up early and try a little more JB weld on my water line, if that doesn't work I'll probably need a ride if ya want some help tommorow. But if it's just a hose it should be no problem, we'll just make a quick trip to autozone.

RandomGuy
10-14-2005, 12:25 AM
Hey ren I'll give you a call after I get out of my interview...I don't know if I'll have a car or not yet. I'm gonna wake up early and try a little more JB weld on my water line, if that doesn't work I'll probably need a ride if ya want some help tommorow. But if it's just a hose it should be no problem, we'll just make a quick trip to autozone.
yeah thats likea 30 second fix... but man if the water was that low specially on a turbo car...something else had to have been damaged... man i hate when shit like this happens cuz you never know the full extent of the damage... fuck changing the headgasket, i changed my whole head, got a new rad, new hoses when it happened to me. :(

SilverJester
10-14-2005, 12:40 AM
There really wasn't too much of a problem with her test drive. She topped off the coolant before the test drive and watched the temp and shut it down once it started getting hot again. But yeah it can fuck some shit up if it over heats. Had that happen to my talon before, needed to get a new headgasket and new valves.

ct9a gsr
10-14-2005, 12:54 AM
Get used to having problems with your car... it comes with having power... just don't work yourself up over a small problem, thinking it may be something big in a worst case scenario.

I dunno if you plan to mod your car to make some good power... but if ya do, a coolant leak is only a pebble in your path for more power. =]

Spyder
10-14-2005, 12:59 AM
Get used to having problems with your car... it comes with having power... just don't work yourself up over a small problem, thinking it may be something big in a worst case scenario.

I dunno if you plan to mod your car to make some good power... but if ya do, a coolant leak is only a pebble in your path for more power. =]

This is the truth..

RandomGuy
10-14-2005, 01:41 AM
This is the truth..
acts as if he knows from experience.

The Ren
10-14-2005, 07:02 AM

Yes yes I know... I'm such a worry wort... and I need to remember not to listen to EVERYONE else.. and stick to the people who know about my specific car..

The Ren
10-14-2005, 07:03 AM
thanks Alex...As I said I have no problems with coming to pick you up.. so..

silver
10-14-2005, 08:07 AM
Awww, I hope you get it fixed soon hon... I still have my radiator leak and haven't yet replace my radiator yet, lol... It stopped leaking for a minute there but I noticed last night its leaking again, haha... Our luck these days huh?

B16a2 Civic
10-14-2005, 08:15 AM
hope everything works out.

SilverJester
10-14-2005, 10:12 AM
Awww, I hope you get it fixed soon hon... I still have my radiator leak and haven't yet replace my radiator yet, lol... It stopped leaking for a minute there but I noticed last night its leaking again, haha... Our luck these days huh?
JB WELD!! My friend had the most busted ass accord you have ever seen, it had 3 or 4 big holes in the radiator (it fell out of the car and was dragged on the highway), but nothing that a little jb weld couldn't fix. lol

Boosted S60R
10-14-2005, 10:23 AM
JB WELD!! My friend had the most busted ass accord you have ever seen, it had 3 or 4 big holes in the radiator (it fell out of the car and was dragged on the highway), but nothing that a little jb weld couldn't fix. loloh god why

silver
10-14-2005, 10:34 AM
Well.. I tried to use duct tape.. but since that didnt work i just said fuck it, lol... im just kidding.. Yeah It's the plug that has a leak its small but enough to overheat my car if I dont keep an eye on my coolant level.. I put some pepper in it and that actually stopped the leak for about a week, but i noticed last night it was leaking again... oh well... everyones car is just f'd right now in some way i guess, haha

Boosted S60R
10-14-2005, 10:36 AM
Well.. I tried to use duct tape.. but since that didnt work i just said fuck it, lol... im just kidding.. Yeah It's the plug that has a leak its small but enough to overheat my car if I dont keep an eye on my coolant level.. I put some pepper in it and that actually stopped the leak for about a week, but i noticed last night it was leaking again... oh well... everyones car is just f'd right now in some way i guess, haha
yeah mine is fixed now and everyone elses is fucking up lol. It sucks hopefully everyone will get there car fixed soon.

silver
10-14-2005, 10:37 AM
WEll my car doesnt matter cause it's a honda and slow...

Boosted S60R
10-14-2005, 10:39 AM
WEll my car doesnt matter cause it's a honda and slow...
sure it does everyones car is important no matter what it is.

silver
10-14-2005, 10:40 AM
Awww mickey moo poo you are so sweet... thanks that was nice

Boosted S60R
10-14-2005, 10:43 AM
Awww mickey moo poo you are so sweet... thanks that was nicesure thing I try. Remember I still have a denasty also lol

Spyder
10-14-2005, 11:04 AM
Yes yes I know... I'm such a worry wort... and I need to remember not to listen to EVERYONE else.. and stick to the people who know about my specific car..

Don't discount knowledge from people just because they are not experts on your particular car. I don't know all there is to know about the 2JZ but.. a water leak is a water leak. :)