PDA

View Full Version : ***EP3- Criticism Requested***

Drew
09-15-2009, 04:01 PM
I just started getting into photography and Im wanting some feedback on what is good and what could be done better. Thanks ahead of time.:cheers:
-Drew

http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu280/RedMistRacer/civic_2.jpg
http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu280/RedMistRacer/civic_6.jpg
http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu280/RedMistRacer/civic_1.jpg
http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu280/RedMistRacer/civic_4_edited-1.jpg

Honda_91EF
09-15-2009, 04:27 PM
I think, they look pretty good. I'm not a photographer at all, I just know how to click the button lol. So I won't judge.

roscoe
09-15-2009, 04:29 PM
not too bad could use some work on the lighting.... whats your setup?

JITB
09-15-2009, 04:31 PM
STAY
OUT
THE
GRASS!

But the placement or croping of the car is off, except on the last pic. but im no pro...im just goin off what i see!

lanning
09-15-2009, 04:31 PM
the best way to learn is on a black car like mine... :ninja:

Drew
09-15-2009, 04:38 PM
Im starting out with a Nikon D40 with the 18 to 55mm lense and were edited in Photoshop. Like I said I have no experience so there's really no need for a $2000 camera. Im looking to get a 55 to 200mm lense so I can take pictures at the track. I have and used a stand on these which I didnt use very well. Anyway thanks again.

NickD70s
09-15-2009, 04:45 PM
the best way to learn is on a black car like mine... :ninja:

i hate black

Mr. Clean
09-15-2009, 04:52 PM
1) good lighting and white balance. really odd angle on the car. when you're working in a bland industrial center you have to make stuff interesting. just keep that in mind

2) if you were going for an editing effect... it didn't really work. it just looks like the picture was taken at the wrong white balance. and the car is waaay to close and cropped odd. it's too far in the frame for a decent crop, we're just expecting to see the car and we don't lol.

3) good angle but the car is just too close and again with the odd crop. when it comes to cropping... you just have to feel it. you just have to know when you're looking through the camera what looks appealing and what doesn't. had potential to be the best picture though.

4) pretty good picture. actually liking the grass and the skyline, just a little too dark. actually i will dub this as the best picture of the set.

when it comes to photography you just really have to intuitively know what is appealing and what doesn't. i think you're getting there, but you just need some technical work.

Dirty Octopus™
09-15-2009, 05:42 PM
whats to criticize? its stock :thinking:

lanning
09-15-2009, 05:47 PM
teh pictars

lanning
09-15-2009, 05:48 PM
i hate black, unless its in my ass
fixed for nick

BKgen®
09-15-2009, 05:48 PM

Lots.

If you don't like what the designers did with the car, that is. ;)

Dirty Octopus™
09-15-2009, 05:50 PM
teh pictars
oh. ...
WB

Drew
09-15-2009, 06:11 PM
Its not stock it has a Spoon muffler and a TOTALLY JDM coin holder....lol

Nerdsrock22
09-15-2009, 06:25 PM
Its not stock it has a Spoon muffler and a TOTALLY JDM coin holder....lol

Don't lower it if you like how your steering rack sounds now.

Pics are good. Can't add too much to what others have said. :goodjob:

Keep it up, you've got a great camera and a cool car.

The Youngn
09-15-2009, 06:27 PM
Pikachu

Drew
09-15-2009, 06:31 PM
HAHA hey man. I havent heard from you in a while.

Drew
09-15-2009, 06:54 PM
1) good lighting and white balance. really odd angle on the car. when you're working in a bland industrial center you have to make stuff interesting. just keep that in mind

2) if you were going for an editing effect... it didn't really work. it just looks like the picture was taken at the wrong white balance. and the car is waaay to close and cropped odd. it's too far in the frame for a decent crop, we're just expecting to see the car and we don't lol.

3) good angle but the car is just too close and again with the odd crop. when it comes to cropping... you just have to feel it. you just have to know when you're looking through the camera what looks appealing and what doesn't. had potential to be the best picture though.

4) pretty good picture. actually liking the grass and the skyline, just a little too dark. actually i will dub this as the best picture of the set.

when it comes to photography you just really have to intuitively know what is appealing and what doesn't. i think you're getting there, but you just need some technical work.

Thanks man. This is exactly what I was looking for. This was my first time of doing a sort of "shoot" so any other tips are greatly appreciated. Im still trying to understand all the technical stuff. Thanks again
-Drew

aneel
09-15-2009, 07:29 PM
DREW!!! i like what you did with the tails.. i wanted to do that when i had my ep3 never got to it though

aneeL

PreludeVTEC01
09-15-2009, 08:26 PM
^^ wow, lol that google thing works.

MissCourtney
09-15-2009, 09:15 PM
is this your ep?

Drew
09-15-2009, 09:29 PM
DREW!!! i like what you did with the tails.. i wanted to do that when i had my ep3 never got to it though.

aneeL

Thanks man. I cant believe that you went to an STI... not that I blame you. :boobies: I still have to finish the swap, Ive just had no time to try the wiring.

is this your ep?
It is indeed. Ive had it for a quite a while but its my daily, so thats why its all but stock. I like your wheels in your sig. I wanted to put some on a DA I used to race but they were on back order for 6 months.

Thanks everyone for the comments.
-Drew

SampaGuy
09-15-2009, 09:35 PM
Keep the front wheels straight for sideshots, and leave more room in the front of the car than behind it on #1. #4 is good.

MissCourtney
09-16-2009, 12:18 PM
yeah im trying to find something new. i like rpf1's but i get bored.

Doppelgänger
09-16-2009, 01:09 PM

Same stuff I was going to say when this first got posted..but alas, I has no "photography credz" so I just waited for someone who all of you know to post :D

Drew
09-16-2009, 01:15 PM
yeah im trying to find something new. i like rpf1's but i get bored.

Im selling some Team Dynamic wheels that would look great on an EP3:ninja:

Nerdsrock22
09-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Im selling some Team Dynamic wheels that would look great on an EP3:ninja:

What Team Dynamic wheels?

osnap
09-16-2009, 01:32 PM
work on your composition and general mechanics first, then focus on photoshop. just to show you how powerful PS can be, i literally spent under 2 minutes editing this image with extremely simple tools and commands. spend the time to fiddle around in photoshop, and you'll be rewarded. trust me, the changes that i made were very simple - the Image menu is your friend.

btw, your compression is totally killing the image quality.

ORIGINAL
http://i655.photobucket.com/albums/uu280/RedMistRacer/civic_4_edited-1.jpg

QUICK-EDIT
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/2916/civic4edited1.jpg

i actually went a little overboard with some over-saturation, had i spent some time on it, that would have been a bit more tame.

hurlyfire7
09-16-2009, 02:23 PM
Pic #4 is by far the best.. I'm no photographer, but it looks like u should work on angles and they don't rly look edited to me

BexSican 408
09-16-2009, 03:05 PM
Like everyone else said... ha

#4 is best, Angles & car placement in picture could be better, Editing isn't too noticeable, but great start as far as i know. Cool car too. I've always wanted an EP3.

Drew
09-17-2009, 03:15 PM
Thanks guys. I have very little experience with the editing. Ive since taken some pictures of some other things and Ive tried working with Photoshop a little more.

Osnap how do I change my compression?

-Drew

r_Senik
09-17-2009, 05:31 PM
i wish i had an ep3..white too..:cry:
if it was my car id lower it(not slammed) and tint the tail..light tent.