PDA

View Full Version : no oil pressure sensor on b18c1?

PROŽ
09-15-2009, 03:43 PM
if my oil pressure sensor isn't hooked up, then why does it run fine/hit vtec?

just wondering--found out today its not hooked up.

D3UC3S
09-15-2009, 05:23 PM
are you chipped?

PROŽ
09-15-2009, 05:28 PM
are you chipped?

nope

D3UC3S
09-15-2009, 05:39 PM
Well im stumped...if its running fine then its reading good oil pressure from somewhere else.

hondalover00
09-15-2009, 06:08 PM
if you are talking about the sensor on the back of the block by the oil filter...that is for a gauge....vtec is working off vss and pressure switch i would assume

Barefoot
09-15-2009, 06:10 PM
Well im stumped...if its running fine then its reading good oil pressure from somewhere else.
thats what im saying. i was the one whole told him about. i dont know where its getting its reading from. all i know is the wiring is cut and the car is still running. dont know if its ghetto ridged or what. ive seen a couple like but sometimes its just better to leave well enough alone.

CaTcH22
09-15-2009, 06:18 PM
thats what im saying. i was the one whole told him about. i dont know where its getting its reading from. all i know is the wiring is cut and the car is still running. dont know if its ghetto ridged or what. ive seen a couple like but sometimes its just better to leave well enough alone.
If the wire was cut and grounded then the light would never come on. I think that sensor just turns on the light.

Barefoot
09-15-2009, 06:26 PM
If the wire was cut and grounded then the light would never come on. I think that sensor just turns on the light.na wasnt grounded. an ive unplugged it before while doing swaps and other random things. the cars would not start until i plugged it back up.

D3UC3S
09-15-2009, 06:39 PM
If it ain't broke...don't fix it!

i try to avoid electrical issues...lol

Barefoot
09-15-2009, 07:14 PM
If it ain't broke...don't fix it!

thats what i told him

bflorence
02-20-2010, 04:54 AM
so is the engine working or not

k3tsurui
02-20-2010, 06:49 AM
what ecu are you using....if what you are describing is correct, then I am thinking you have a JDM ecu....there are a few JDM models that does not use oil pressure sensors....

Starrfire
02-20-2010, 06:21 PM
Could be reading oil pressure from the oil pressure switch on the vtec solenoid. That is the only other thing that reads for it I believe.

Barefoot
02-20-2010, 08:00 PM
so is the engine working or not
old thread check dates before posting

omidzahedian
02-28-2010, 10:21 AM
wow the oil pressure sending unit is only for the oil pressure dummy light. It has nothing to do with the way the car runs. To the guy saying his car wouldnt start with it unplugged then there was something else def wrong. That just s dummy light sensor to let you know its got atleast 5 psi of oil pressure. Now there is a knock sensor around that area, closer to the bottom of the intake manifold flange. That could be the wire, but the car will still perform the same with or without it hooked up. It will just throw a code. Now to know what the code is just jump the two jumper wires underneith the pass side dash. Its usually a twi wire grey plug. jumping that will tell you in blinks what the code is threw the check engine light. But I have to say again the oil pressure sending unit has nothing to do with the car running. That wire dosent even run to the ecu, just directly to the cluster.

teh_mugen18
02-28-2010, 03:29 PM
what ecu are you using....if what you are describing is correct, then I am thinking you have a JDM ecu....there are a few JDM models that does not use oil pressure sensors....

i say this...

cuz from what i read in the boomslang wiring installation for vtec, if you have a jdm ecu, then you're supposed to just splice the oil pressure wire into the vtec solenoid wire. making it so you can run it without the pressure sensor.