PDA

View Full Version : Dual Projectors

phongie19
09-15-2009, 02:15 PM
so i bought a used set of headlights from a guy from another forum. the headlights have a low beam projector(h7) high beam(h1) parking light(wedge bulb) turn signal(1157) and a extra projector(h3).

i was wondering is that a fog light or just a extra projector, if so is it illegal to run 2 projectors at the same time?

its the smaller projector im wondering about in the picture

thanks for you help!

bb4pimp
09-16-2009, 03:28 PM
^im pretty sure the small projector is a fog light, because my friend has a 2003 vw golf and it has the same thing, so since its a fog light its not illegal

Cool Cat Racing
09-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Those look like Accord lights and they're not DOT approved so either way just using the light is illegal. The smaller one is a fog light so in a normal case it would be legal to use but to be legal fog lights have to turn off with the high beams.

Franco Tirador
09-17-2009, 12:02 AM
i think it depends on where you live, i dont think they are illegal as long as you dont have your high beams on, in case you get stopped just tell the officer that you did not know they were illegal and that you are going to take them off as soon as you get home and apologize and act like you really did not know, they should let you off with just a warning, (i wish i would have know that, i could have avoided a $450 ticket just for putting blue gel caps on my turn signals, they call that "impersonating a cop")

but they do look nice

Cool Cat Racing
09-17-2009, 03:42 PM
i think it depends on where you live, i dont think they are illegal as long as you dont have your high beams on, in case you get stopped just tell the officer that you did not know they were illegal and that you are going to take them off as soon as you get home and apologize and act like you really did not know, they should let you off with just a warning, (i wish i would have know that, i could have avoided a $450 ticket just for putting blue gel caps on my turn signals, they call that "impersonating a cop")

but they do look nice

It doesn't matter where you live, its a state law and most other states also have the same laws. And if you knew what you were talking about your ticket for your turn signals wasn't valid either. Research would have saved you $450 and you could still have blue lights.