PDA

View Full Version : all motor or boost?

J-ROCK
09-14-2009, 11:45 PM
ok im bout to start building a integra and i was wondereing what you guys would think would be the best route! it will be b series most likely poor man type r but i wanted to know what would be the better route! ive driven a turbo b16 hatch and it was great but the boost lag was the only down fall! just wondering what yalls prewference usually is! the car will see mostly track time but maybe a few weekend drives! lmk guys reps for usefull input :goodjob:

jcs
09-14-2009, 11:47 PM
really depends on budget in my opinion....but if you dont like lag then all motor is for you...

J-ROCK
09-14-2009, 11:49 PM
really depends on budget in my opinion....but if you dont like lag then all motor is for you...

yeah budget is no problem since i dont mind paying extra for the extra psh! lol but yeah the boost lag really got me but i did like the power it had when boost built up! im thinking boost more thopugh since ive never owned a boosted car and wouldnt mind having one

also reps comin your way homie

FasTech
09-14-2009, 11:52 PM
Well if you liked the boost without lag.... go supercharger!!!

jcs
09-14-2009, 11:53 PM
then go with it,i got to get the stuff from you and the ecu. then i will be spoolin

jcs
09-14-2009, 11:53 PM

very good point:goodjob:

J-ROCK
09-14-2009, 11:57 PM

damn that seriously skipped my mind completely lol! reps to you my friend

J-ROCK
09-14-2009, 11:58 PM
then go with it,i got to get the stuff from you and the ecu. then i will be spoolin

hell yeah just lmk when youll need it and ill get it to you cause right now idk how im getting the car cause moms boyfriend is in the hospital for a reptured spleen!

jcs
09-15-2009, 12:03 AM
ehhhh that sucks

Barefoot
09-15-2009, 12:04 AM
this is like the age old question on here. half say boost half say na. u will never get ia to come to an agreement on this at all or atleast enough to get the result your looking for. i say budget, usage, and power goals will be your deciding factors. i know u listed budget and usage. im supercharged and i love it but i also have a v8 truck. ill different from a honda it supercharger is always there for u till its maxed out.

J-ROCK
09-15-2009, 12:05 AM
reps to you also sir and im leaning more towards boost in the sense that i can get over the lag cause i know whats waiting at the other end!

THEONE
09-15-2009, 12:06 AM

or he could try getting correctly sized turbo for the power goals and type of driving hes gonna be doing. ive seen to many people use huge turbos where much smaller ones would make the same power and hit alot quicker.ive always been a fan of t25's for stock motors.

J-ROCK
09-15-2009, 12:08 AM
or he could try getting correctly sized turbo for the power goals and type of driving hes gonna be doing. ive seen to many people use huge turbos where much smaller ones would make the same power and hit alot quicker,ive always been a fan of t25's for stock motors.

i was gonna go t3/t4 since the motor will be built and i think it will do fine on a few wekend runs on the street and friday night track runs

Barefoot
09-15-2009, 12:08 AM
reps to you also sir and im leaning more towards boost in the sense that i can get over the lag cause i know whats waiting at the other end!once u get boost with the right setup u wont care as much about the lag once the power hits.

jcs
09-15-2009, 12:09 AM
^^^t25 ftw

J-ROCK
09-15-2009, 12:09 AM
once u get boost with the right setup u wont care as much about the lag once the power hits.

very very true!:goodjob:

dallasb84
09-15-2009, 02:21 AM
i can think of three people.... one my best friend that is now drivin a s4 said and i quote " id prolly still be into hondas if i had boosted my integra instead of lsvtec"

he had his ls professionally built and tuned from a company in virginia called custom car care. and when he was finished still got shit on by turbo stock ls's, s2k's, and so on.

when it was all said and done he had a 140ish to the wheels with ls vtec...... woooo hoooo.

for what he invested he could have easily had twice the car with boost.

AnthonyF
09-15-2009, 05:46 AM
Yank the engine and do everything inside the motor to handle the boost. Don't just slap it on the oem bottom end. The problem with hondas and boost is, if you want total power and flow, you have to remove a/c and p/s. If your just looking for boost and you don't care too much about flow, you can get the a/c compatible kits which are fugly. Boost > n/a

When I hear a guy WENT n/a with his Honda, I laugh my ass off.

-Ant.

Barefoot
09-15-2009, 07:20 AM
i can think of three people.... one my best friend that is now drivin a s4 said and i quote " id prolly still be into hondas if i had boosted my integra instead of lsvtec"

he had his ls professionally built and tuned from a company in virginia called custom car care. and when he was finished still got shit on by turbo stock ls's, s2k's, and so on.

when it was all said and done he had a 140ish to the wheels with ls vtec...... woooo hoooo.

for what he invested he could have easily had twice the car with boost.he must not have invested much or it was built wrong.

ls-r teg
09-15-2009, 08:13 AM
ive seen lot of 10 and 11 second all motor hondas, when yu boost p/s almost never as to be removed unless your running a top mount.

a stock gsr can handle 12psi no problem and thats a 350hp set up with a good tune

anthony f...that was horrible advise lol

Yank the engine and do everything inside the motor to handle the boost. Don't just slap it on the oem bottom end. The problem with hondas and boost is, if you want total power and flow, you have to remove a/c and p/s. If your just looking for boost and you don't care too much about flow, you can get the a/c compatible kits which are fugly. Boost > n/a

When I hear a guy WENT n/a with his Honda, I laugh my ass off.

-Ant.

J-ROCK
09-15-2009, 12:10 PM
reps to all you guys and yes thew motor will be built with new pistons rods bearings etcetc to handle boost! wanting to run around 15 pounds or more lol

DarKStaR
09-15-2009, 12:22 PM
They are both fun. I like all motor, especially my last setup that was really simple. But boost is fun and a hell of a rush. You can run good times with both but its all in what YOU want to do. The main thing with whatever you choose is to get it tuned....

tmracing83
09-15-2009, 12:29 PM
I say if uve got the money for it just boost it. Just look for the right turbo that might spool up a bit quicker. Cause if ur gonna be pushin 15 psi + it'll be all worth it after after just a coupl secounds of u hittin the gas lol. And take it too a good shop to get a good tune.

I just traded my turbo and I miss it already...

J-ROCK
09-15-2009, 11:01 PM
They are both fun. I like all motor, especially my last setup that was really simple. But boost is fun and a hell of a rush. You can run good times with both but its all in what YOU want to do. The main thing with whatever you choose is to get it tuned....

yes it will be tuned by the best which is why it will be taken to jjspec to be tuned and alot of the motor work will most likely come from there also

Kourt
09-16-2009, 10:12 PM
yes it will be tuned by the best which is why it will be taken to jjspec to be tuned and alot of the motor work will most likely come from there also

pshh whatever, jimmy couldnt tune a drum set.
jk :)
Go boost or go home.

Slomaro Z28
09-16-2009, 10:20 PM
I say boost, turbo.....get a small nitrous shot to help with the lag.

J-ROCK
09-18-2009, 12:11 PM
well ive finally figured out what im doin witht the car! turbo b16 FTW

Slomaro Z28
09-18-2009, 12:21 PM

sounds good, good luck with it.

seanrg1116
09-18-2009, 12:49 PM
boost it, after all its a honda and it can handle it

dallasb84
09-18-2009, 09:31 PM
TURBO B18B LS TRANNY WITH LIMITED SLIP FTMFW

+ CAPS LOCK

THEONE
09-19-2009, 12:43 AM

good keep us posted :D

J-ROCK
09-19-2009, 11:31 AM
good keep us posted :D

oh i will! im actually sourcing out interior peices rite now! goin next tuesday to get my gsr leathers and maybe a black dash!

wrekonize
09-19-2009, 03:13 PM
yeah budget is no problem since i dont mind paying extra for the extra psh! lol but yeah the boost lag really got me but i did like the power it had when boost built up! im thinking boost more thopugh since ive never owned a boosted car and wouldnt mind having one

also reps comin your way homie

baller....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_089EURkNo