PDA

View Full Version : Really Need Help!!!!

Bomex269
10-12-2005, 01:01 PM
ok recently i have had a problem with my 95 GST it all started when i got my oil changed at wal mart (yes i know big mistake) well almost amonth ago my engine seized due to the oil filter hanging off. at first i thought it was a hose but when the tower got there he said the oil filter was hanging off and we towed it to my mechanics shop. the next day i took pics for my benefit and when we took the oil filter off the threaded rod that the oil filter screws onto was loose. so what im trying to find out is how that could of happend bc it ran great until the oil change and just wondering if the threaded rod could come off due to vibration from the engine if it wasnt put on tight? someone please help me i need a new engine for my car if this happened to anyone else let me know and maybe u can help me out in court i would greatly appreciate all kinds of help

SleepingTalon
10-12-2005, 04:22 PM
I've never seen that happen in all my years building and tuning DSM's, but anything is possilbe. Does the car have a oil filter relocation kit, or is this the stock one?

CARBON GST
10-12-2005, 10:29 PM
Dont know if its the same deal, but I have had problems with my oil filter spinning loose. It has only happened with Purolator filters, and it has never actually been the threaded rod (at least I dont think so).
I have also had a friend of mine who drove an eclipse ruin her engine within 5 miles of getting her oil changed at Wal-Mart. Turns out they did not tighten the oil filter properly and all the oil came out. Wal-Mart owned up to it though (with some fighting) and took responsibility for it.