PDA

View Full Version : GPS Stolen today at Turner Field Drifting

LeX
09-13-2009, 05:51 PM
My friend had her GPS stolen out of her car at the Turner Field Drift Day today. Was stolen out of a 2003 gunmetal maxima from the parking lot (orange) across the road from drift event where most people were parked. If anyone saw anything or knows anything please send me a PM. She has a higher end alarm but i assume it didn't go off as her pager was never notified.

Let me know if you know anything.
Thanks
-Alex

Da_unknown
09-13-2009, 09:47 PM
damm

MR2DR
09-14-2009, 08:31 PM
make and model of said gps?

nismo_92
09-14-2009, 09:49 PM
was it the maxima with the door left open?

LeX
09-15-2009, 07:50 AM
was it the maxima with the door left open?

she didn't leave the door open lol... the people that stole the GPS left it open when they left. Only one person arrived in the car.

nismo_92
09-15-2009, 11:47 AM
yea i know! i saw the door open after they stole the gps
she didn't leave the door open lol... the people that stole the GPS left it open when they left. Only one person arrived in the car.

LeX
09-15-2009, 11:50 AM
yea i know! i saw the door open after they stole the gps

well send me a PM if you happened to see anyone hanging around the car or any information. Would be appreciated!

Sammich
09-15-2009, 11:52 AM
u talkin bout jess?

nismo_92
09-15-2009, 12:48 PM
is there a reward?:D
well send me a PM if you happened to see anyone hanging around the car or any information. Would be appreciated!

LeX
09-15-2009, 01:26 PM
is there a reward?:D

I dunno I'd have to ask her. Maybe she will take you out to dinner for any good information lol

GSRtegŪ
09-15-2009, 05:28 PM
Question: was the GPS in plain view like on the windshield?

nismo_92
09-15-2009, 07:43 PM
yea it was
Question: was the GPS in plain view like on the windshield?

Nittanys1
09-15-2009, 07:45 PM
^well sorry to say but thats what she gets.....

You always have to take that off the window along with the mount!

LeX
09-15-2009, 08:00 PM
yea it was

so how do you know where it was then?

yeah i guess that's what you get.. but it's sad that you can't have anything without someone stealing it

Big_Joe
09-15-2009, 08:12 PM
Damn thats crazy. In broad daylight? I even left my car unlocked too

LeX
09-15-2009, 08:42 PM
Damn thats crazy. In broad daylight? I even left my car unlocked too

yep right there in broad daylight

nismo_92
09-15-2009, 09:25 PM
wel i would imagine it was there:???:
so how do you know where it was then?

LeX
09-15-2009, 10:00 PM
wel i would imagine it was there:???:

lol well yeah but it could have been anywhere :tongue1:

Black4DrEK
09-16-2009, 01:08 AM
WHat gps is it??

dimsumboy
09-16-2009, 12:55 PM
sorry to hear about her loss. best advice i can give even though it's after the fact, never leave anything of value or even some things you may not think are of value in plain view anywhere in your car. especially when you're in the downtown area. i think it was about 2 years ago, but i remember reading on one of the local news sites that said one of the atlanta zones (can't remember which one), had over 130+ cars that had items taken from them all in one weeks time. i used to work in the east point/greenbriar area and just our parking lot alone had cars broken into or stolen daily. hell, i won't even leave coins or cds in plain view cause you never know what an idiot is thinking. also, shopping bags, even if there's poop in them can also invite an idiot to break into a car. again, i'm sorry to hear about her loss, but please everyone try your best to keep your stuff safe. there are too many lazy shits out there who are too pathetic to spend their own money on things and choose to take other people's hard earned things.

LokiSays
09-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Homeless people strikes again!

nismo_92
09-16-2009, 12:58 PM
hell yea lol

LeX
09-16-2009, 02:34 PM

homeless people manage to break into cars without breaking the window or setting off expensive alarm? lol

nismo_92
09-16-2009, 03:54 PM
dude mybe the alarm wasnt on and the door was unlocked ??????????

just saying :ninja:

azn_nvazn
09-16-2009, 04:06 PM
Word of advise. Most GPS system has a memory that save all of the previous destination that has been inputted. Including the home destination. The owner's home. The thieves might check out the home for a possible robbery at a later time. So be aware!

LeX
09-16-2009, 04:38 PM
Word of advise. Most GPS system has a memory that save all of the previous destination that has been inputted. Including the home destination. The owner's home. The thieves might check out the home for a possible robbery at a later time. So be aware!

she never put her home address in there on purpose

LeX
09-16-2009, 04:42 PM
dude mybe the alarm wasnt on and the door was unlocked ??????????
just saying :ninja:
something like that could happen if for some reason the alarm didn't activate as obviously when you push the button it locks the doors and activates.
Yeah it's possible that could have happened but still doesn't mean you can just steal people's shit. If you left the back door to your house open it's not like it's legal for someone to walk in and grab your tv and walk out just because the door wasn't locked.

Why don't you just tell me what you know instead of being shady lol?

Her addy wasn't in the GPS and she will just go buy a new one and not worry about that.... We do have a print btw but that stuff never gets figured out really as it's not worth the time dealing with the cops over something like this. Maybe you'll get some good karma if you just let me know what you know!

Nittanys1
09-16-2009, 04:48 PM

you can also add a password to your GPS and if someone types in the wrong password x number of times the GPS will not boot up completely till you drive to a set location. At least that is how I have set my garmin up!

nismo_92
09-16-2009, 06:05 PM
WHO SAID I KNEW ANY THING ?
something like that could happen if for some reason the alarm didn't activate as obviously when you push the button it locks the doors and activates.
Yeah it's possible that could have happened but still doesn't mean you can just steal people's shit. If you left the back door to your house open it's not like it's legal for someone to walk in and grab your tv and walk out just because the door wasn't locked.

Why don't you just tell me what you know instead of being shady lol?

Her addy wasn't in the GPS and she will just go buy a new one and not worry about that.... We do have a print btw but that stuff never gets figured out really as it's not worth the time dealing with the cops over something like this. Maybe you'll get some good karma if you just let me know what you know!

LeX
09-16-2009, 07:51 PM
WHO SAID I KNEW ANY THING ?

nobody said you did directly. Just sayin if you do, send me some info

nismo_92
09-16-2009, 09:50 PM
i wish i knew somthing this sucks man
nobody said you did directly. Just sayin if you do, send me some info

Jason..
09-17-2009, 09:48 AM
Sholdnt have left it in the car..

LeX
09-17-2009, 05:25 PM
Sholdnt have left it in the car..

tell me somethin I don't know lol... still doesn't give someone the right to steal. Like saying, shouldn't have left that tv in your house

JessAlba452
09-20-2009, 12:18 PM
YEP! lesson learned never leave anything EVER that is valuable in your car. Sucks that some people are like that where they have to steal. I totally believe in karma though :D ;)

Usually stuff like that doesn't happen, and even had the radar detector off the windshield beforehand luckily. I was upset, but glad that at least they didn't break the window or the door trying to get in. That would've cost more.

Alarm was set I believe since the pager went off when I tried to unlock it.

I found it funny that I had a feeling while at the event to go check on my car. When I was walking around I heard someone's stock alarm going off and thought that was strange.

When I walked up, I thought the GPS unstuck itself again. Sometimes when it falls and hits the dash it'll set the alarm off too.

Whoever did it had to have been a pro. At the very top of the door were prints like how the locksmiths take a wedge to the top and open it slightly to unlock it. They tried smudging all their prints too, but I got a few that they didn't notice on the black trim by the window. When they took the GPS they didn't notice it was connected to the rear of the console and broke the adapter off. In process they stole my phone charger lol which has a totally different connector. So if anyone is selling a GPS without an adapter or the wrong one it may be mine.

The GPS was a Christmas gift from my ex and has his home address in it since I never took the time to reprogram it. Soon after this happened I took a look at Craigslist, and there was someone selling the same model for pretty cheap on the same day. Funny thing is that it said they were located in downtown Atlanta lol.

The model is a GARMIN NUVI 205W 4.5" widescreen.

http://www.imlifestyle.com.my/store/images//garmin/nuvi205w.jpg

Keep an eye out guys! Thanks!

Oh and yes if found I will buy you dinner as a reward :D

JessAlba452
09-20-2009, 12:23 PM
Oh and big thanks to LeX for posting this!

81911SC
09-20-2009, 12:33 PM
LOL, well that was fucking stupid. You can say all you want about how it sucks that you can't leave shit in there and all that but anybody with common sense knows that.

Nittanys1
09-20-2009, 12:35 PM
that sux. u should have tried to buy it and met up with them and brought a cop with u.*

JessAlba452
09-20-2009, 12:44 PM
that sux. u should have tried to buy it and met up with them and brought a cop with u.*

LoL ;) ;) Tried to, but they did not answer any e-mails. :goodjob:

LeX
09-20-2009, 10:33 PM
there's one for sale on 240atl with no charger but it's a different model (nuvi 855)

HachiDori
09-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Nismo_92 sound uber fishy, why continue to post random stuff in a stolen thread... stating you saw the door open and gps in plain sight

nismo_92
09-21-2009, 03:03 AM
no i rode by in the lot and the car door was open thats all never saw a gps
Nismo_92 sound uber fishy, why continue to post random stuff in a stolen thread... stating you saw the door open and gps in plain sight