PDA

View Full Version : Preluce will not start,Timing????

hendaddy02
09-13-2009, 05:39 PM
First off is this the right furom to post on with engine questions?Second if so I just bought a Prelude from my buddy well kinda a buddy and the car will not start and I bought it that way cause I have a swap in case.I was told it was outta time.I wasn't sure but I heard that if the timimg belt breaks that the rotor button won't turn.Well it tuns but I noticed that the rotor button looks like it needed replacede like a 100,000 miles ago,lol.So I am starting there.Any suggestions? Thanks

Vteckidd
09-13-2009, 05:42 PM
holy run on sentence.

First things first.........

1) Pull the valve cover off, inspect timing belt. If its broken youll know

2) If timing belt is intact reinstall valve cover

3) Pull spark plug wire out and hold it to metal bolt on valve cover. Turn car over, see if it "arcs" . If it does then you have spark. If it doesnt, replace distributor/wires/ etc

4) If you have spark, make sure you have fuel. Turn the car to the ON position and the cel should come on then turn off followed by a "click" if it does the fuel pump works.

Frög
09-13-2009, 05:51 PM
My head hurts!

MidLifeCrisis
09-14-2009, 10:51 AM
holy run on sentence.

2) If timing belt is intact reinstall valve cover

3) Pull spark plug wire out and hold it to metal bolt on valve cover. Turn car over, see if it "arcs" . If it does then you have spark. If it doesnt, replace distributor/wires/ etc

4) If you have spark, make sure you have fuel. Turn the car to the ON position and the cel should come on then turn off followed by a "click" if it does the fuel pump works.

well the click will actually only let him know the fuel system works, not the actual pump itself, when you turn the key listen towards the back of the car for the sound of the pump running for a few seconds as it primes the system.

D3UC3S
09-14-2009, 04:14 PM
holy run on sentence.

that shit made me laugh!