PDA

View Full Version : General Chat When to spray?

ekcivic1991
09-13-2009, 10:33 AM
IF you have the bottle in your civic when would you spray like i know not off the line but when should you? And how much difference would a 50 shot make?

Probably dumb question but just trying to learn

ls-r teg
09-13-2009, 01:31 PM
shit.....i launch my ish in nitrous lol 2nd gear nitrous launches ftw lol

ekcivic1991
09-13-2009, 07:49 PM
thanks man

speedminded
09-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Right before red line and shifiting! It'll keep the engine spooled during gear changes :goodjob:

Catnip
09-13-2009, 08:25 PM
I use it with street tires. Pump them up to like 42-43 PSI, launch at about 4900 rpms spraying... then just hold the button down till you're done. Make sure you heat the bottle up to about 1200 PSI or it's useless.

Echonova
09-13-2009, 09:15 PM
~sigh~

Never... and I mean never, hit nitrous below 3,000rpms. Don't run it longer than 15sec. If you can't get to where you're going in that time... You're not going to get there.

50 shot will only make you want more. I personally wouldn't run any nitrous without an aftermarket ignition. Anything above a 75 shot I wouldn't run without upgraded internals in a Honda. My :2cents:

Paree4g63
09-13-2009, 09:44 PM
Not a Honda owner<; but in my opinion, I would spray as soon as 2nd gear hits as long as all the wheel spin is gone. Nitrous in my opinion would be the last resort I'd use after all my preferences. I'd build it all motor first and would try turbo before adding nitrous. I believe people that utilize nitrous before any major mod are just too anxious to be fast. But I understand the urge to want more. NX wet would be my choice if I wanted to use nitrous one day for fun. :2cents:

Slomaro Z28
09-13-2009, 09:46 PM
Sell your Civic and get a car that doesn't need Nitrous.

BTW I'd only pay attention to the 2 post above me.

FasTech
09-13-2009, 10:38 PM

X2. As in something with 4 extra cylinders.

Don't get me wrong, I love Honda's and just about all Imports... but getting them fast, is a whole lot more expensive than an ole muscle car. Now, don't get me confused.... when I say making a Honda fast, I mean 12 sec and under.... not a few simpe bolt on's and you beat a couple other honda's fast.

Example: I saw a '68 Nova on cglist.com yesterday for $3000. Had a sbc 350 bored .30 over with some other mod's, 12 bolt rear end, and a turbo 350 trans.

^^^ my example above... is probably faster than most Honda owners on here. With the exceptions of a few of course.

And also, my example above was only $3000.... which, in my opinion, has WAYYYYYY more value than a Honda with a nice swap/etc than go fro $5000+. Honda's/Honda owner have become crazy price wise. I would never in my life time spend $3000 + for a slow Honda that looks clean. I'd rather spend that money on something not that great looking but fast.

Just my :2cents:.

Benefit
09-14-2009, 12:27 AM
at the mcdonalds drive thru to get to the 2nd window

Kevykev
09-14-2009, 06:39 AM

BTW I'd only pay attention to the 2 post above me.

a caring guy...

Elbow
09-14-2009, 06:52 AM
Too soon junior.

Kevykev
09-14-2009, 09:50 AM
^^ Hahahahahhahaaaaaaaaaa

Ban!

Barefoot
09-14-2009, 09:54 AM
And also, my example above was only $3000.... which, in my opinion, has WAYYYYYY more value than a Honda with a nice swap/etc than go fro $5000+. Honda's/Honda owner have become crazy price wise. I would never in my life time spend $3000 + for a slow Honda that looks clean. I'd rather spend that money on something not that great looking but fast.
couldnt put it any better. folks think they are sitting on gold or something.

speedminded
09-14-2009, 10:26 AM

Just my :2cents:.What's wrong with not selling out? An item is only worth what someone is willing to pay so why lower the value of it if you don't have to?

Catnip
09-14-2009, 01:17 PM
What's wrong with not selling out? An item is only worth what someone is willing to pay so why lower the value of it if you don't have to?

I'm going to sell my Camaro for $7,000 because it can run 12's, although I can't prove it, it's clean, has wheels, and it's lowered.

Turbodude06
09-14-2009, 03:09 PM
I use it with street tires. Pump them up to like 42-43 PSI, launch at about 4900 rpms spraying... then just hold the button down till you're done. Make sure you heat the bottle up to about 1200 PSI or it's useless.

Too soon junior.

:lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

crashtke
09-14-2009, 03:10 PM
Nitrous can be a real easy way to go fast for not that much money. But, by the time you do all the engine upgrades that you would have to do to a turbo car or supercharged car, the difference is not that much. Spray too much on an engine that is not built for it and it can blow pretty quick. If you really like nitrous, get a kit that will last you if you decide you want more. Right now I am debating on nitrous or a turbo on a 5.4 liter mod motor going in a 89 mustang. We might just do both! BIG turbo with a little nitrous to help spool that thing up. But then, we are shooting for the 9's in the 1/4.

Oh and don't even look at the dry kits. Not worth the time. Get a decent wet kit.

jdmda9
09-14-2009, 04:48 PM
i had a stock gsr with I/H/E on a 75 shot an was pulling on itr swap civics an integras.
p.s
just make sure the bottle is at 1000psi:goodjob:

Vteckidd
09-14-2009, 04:52 PM
what motor? what Trans? what RPM you turning?

50 shot on a D series is different than a 50 Shot on an LS or GSR.

Wet kit or dry?

Id spray once you hit 3rd gear. In second, its prob too soon the gear spacing isnt long enough (if you have a GSR or b16 trans).

Jdm94Coupe
09-14-2009, 05:05 PM
X2. As in something with 4 extra cylinders.

Don't get me wrong, I love Honda's and just about all Imports... but getting them fast, is a whole lot more expensive than an ole muscle car. Now, don't get me confused.... when I say making a Honda fast, I mean 12 sec and under.... not a few simpe bolt on's and you beat a couple other honda's fast.

Example: I saw a '68 Nova on cglist.com yesterday for $3000. Had a sbc 350 bored .30 over with some other mod's, 12 bolt rear end, and a turbo 350 trans.

^^^ my example above... is probably faster than most Honda owners on here. With the exceptions of a few of course.

Just my :2cents:.

I KNOW you are joking. Your example is by no means faster than most hondas on here. The man asked when to use his nitrous, not should he sell his car and buy a heavy, poorly engineered, 41 year old hunk of metal. Muscle cars are good for being real loud. Some are fast but you have to go deep into the motor to do so. even then the motors use a TON of gas and don't last long under abuse. Stick to helping the man with his questions and stop trying to give car advise. 4 more cylinders but twice as heavy, parts are crazy overpriced $$$, and if anything breaks it cost too much to replace them. Why should he go muscle car again? I missed that part!

ekcivic1991
09-14-2009, 07:14 PM
thanks for all the help and i probably wont use spray now ill just keep saving for a swap.

And why the hell some of yall just like to make people feel stupid on here it was just a question

Slomaro Z28
09-14-2009, 07:39 PM
a caring guy...

lol, the 1st sentence or 2nd one.

Slomaro Z28
09-14-2009, 07:45 PM
I KNOW you are joking. Your example is by no means faster than most hondas on here. The man asked when to use his nitrous, not should he sell his car and buy a heavy, poorly engineered, 41 year old hunk of metal. Muscle cars are good for being real loud. Some are fast but you have to go deep into the motor to do so. even then the motors use a TON of gas and don't last long under abuse. Stick to helping the man with his questions and stop trying to give car advise. 4 more cylinders but twice as heavy, parts are crazy overpriced $$$, and if anything breaks it cost too much to replace them. Why should he go muscle car again? I missed that part!

I KNOW you're kidding right.......Evan is almost in the 12's and doesn't even have full bolt-on's. I have the outlook that a fast car is fast, no matter how many cylinders it has or w/e.......but to say muscle cars are just good for being loud:lmfao:

Back on topic.....:cheers:

Jdm94Coupe
09-14-2009, 09:15 PM
almost in the 12's, lol

Jdm94Coupe
09-14-2009, 09:15 PM
thanks for all the help and i probably wont use spray now ill just keep saving for a swap.

And why the hell some of yall just like to make people feel stupid on here it was just a question

what motor in what chassis do you have now? pm me

Catnip
09-14-2009, 09:31 PM
I KNOW you're kidding right.......Evan is almost in the 12's and doesn't even have full bolt-on's. I have the outlook that a fast car is fast, no matter how many cylinders it has or w/e.......but to say muscle cars are just good for being loud:lmfao:

Back on topic.....:cheers:

lol. Sometimes I don't count my stock flowing shorty headers and worse than a SLP intake, K&N intake as bolt ons :D

FasTech
09-14-2009, 09:47 PM

*Shakes head*

Ok, you apparently have NO knowlegde in muscle cars/V8 motors!!!

Muscle cars are good for being real loud

ANY car can be real loud.

you have to go deep into the motor to do so.

Same with ANY car, again. Nothing is going to be SUPER fast unless you start with building it, internally. So don't give me that shit, dumbass.

even then the motors use a TON of gas and don't last long under abuse

I'll give you the gas thing but don't last under abuse....EL OH EL!!!!! Please.... I've ragged so hard on a few sbc motor me and my dad have built. EVERY single one handled the abuse. This statement you just put, PROVES, you do not know anything about this subject. Big block motors can't be twisted like small blocks, so I guess thats what you were referring to when you said couldn't last under abuse. If not, you're just a dumbass.

4 more cylinders but twice as heavy, parts are crazy overpriced $$$, and if anything breaks it cost too much to replace them. Why should he go muscle car again? I missed that part

Yep... twice as heavy but enough HP/Tq to back it up. Overpriced?! That all you got?! Please.... just like any other car, shit cost money.

How bout you reply back with some DECENT knowledge on this subject or not post anymore making yourself look even more stupid.

:goodjob:

Catnip
09-14-2009, 10:18 PM
lol @ parts are crazy overpriced for muscle cars

You're high as fuck. You can build an 8 second camaro for 20k, just try that with an import. Same with 10, 11, 12 second muscle cars.

Don't get me wrong, I like imports and I know turbo + D or turbo + B or turbo + K = fast. But seriously, I have $2k in my car and it's almost to 12's on street tires... it can go either way.

But I know that's not what this thread was about...

FasTech
09-14-2009, 10:44 PM
You can build an 8 second camaro for 20k

Cheaper than that if you have part hook-ups and can do alot of the work on your own.

Tree
09-14-2009, 10:46 PM
i had a b16 with a 75 wet shot, and i would use it mid way in thrid and the top of fourth and maybe 5,

Jdm94Coupe
09-15-2009, 04:31 PM
*Shakes head*

Ok, you apparently have NO knowlegde in muscle cars/V8 motors!!!

ANY car can be real loud.

Same with ANY car, again. Nothing is going to be SUPER fast unless you start with building it, internally. So don't give me that shit, dumbass.

I'll give you the gas thing but don't last under abuse....EL OH EL!!!!! Please.... I've ragged so hard on a few sbc motor me and my dad have built. EVERY single one handled the abuse. This statement you just put, PROVES, you do not know anything about this subject. Big block motors can't be twisted like small blocks, so I guess thats what you were referring to when you said couldn't last under abuse. If not, you're just a dumbass.

Yep... twice as heavy but enough HP/Tq to back it up. Overpriced?! That all you got?! Please.... just like any other car, shit cost money.

How bout you reply back with some DECENT knowledge on this subject or not post anymore making yourself look even more stupid.

:goodjob:

point is. muscle car or import. doesn't matter to this thread, he wanted to know when to use his nitrous. and its always the big headed muscle car guys who come in and tell him to get rid of his import. learn your place. when it comes to it, you are on an import site. gm/ford arent imports so why even be here? but i agree i was a little overboard, but it pisses me off everytime somebody has a question on here, its always...... why not just get rid of your import and get a muscle car. if he wanted one he would have one. bottom line.

THEONE
09-15-2009, 04:47 PM
run a wide open throttle switch.

On_Her_Face
09-15-2009, 07:54 PM
Not a Honda owner<; but in my opinion, I would spray as soon as 2nd gear hits as long as all the wheel spin is gone. Nitrous in my opinion would be the last resort I'd use after all my preferences. I'd build it all motor first and would try turbo before adding nitrous. I believe people that utilize nitrous before any major mod are just too anxious to be fast. But I understand the urge to want more. NX wet would be my choice if I wanted to use nitrous one day for fun. :2cents:

Why do a turbo set up before spray set up? If you have to ask or are unsure about using spray you shouldn't even bother. There is nothing wrong with learning what needs to be done to set up for spray and how it works. I would go built motor+spray over F/I any day. :lmfao:

Note: I am serious until the last sentence, only some will get that joke.

Catnip
09-16-2009, 03:02 AM
point is. muscle car or import. doesn't matter to this thread, he wanted to know when to use his nitrous. and its always the big headed muscle car guys who come in and tell him to get rid of his import. learn your place. when it comes to it, you are on an import site. gm/ford arent imports so why even be here? but i agree i was a little overboard, but it pisses me off everytime somebody has a question on here, its always...... why not just get rid of your import and get a muscle car. if he wanted one he would have one. bottom line.

My Camaro is an import.

P.S. Julio (founder of IA), has a Z06.

On_Her_Face
09-17-2009, 10:14 AM
My Camaro is an import.

P.S. Julio (founder of IA), has a Z06.

LOL.

40th GT
09-17-2009, 08:42 PM
They're just trying to shed some light on the matter that's all. :goodjob:

JJSPEC Racing
09-17-2009, 09:26 PM
I used to launch on the spray. Went 10.6 @133 on a stock ecu H22 Civic.

Jdm94Coupe
09-18-2009, 03:29 PM
They're just trying to shed some light on the matter that's all. :goodjob:

NO! what they sare trying to do is downplay imports. this is nothing new. happens all day on ia. thats obvious.

Slomaro Z28
09-18-2009, 03:41 PM
NO! what they sare trying to do is downplay imports. this is nothing new. happens all day on ia. thats obvious.

Put a 100 shot on your stock Honda and it'll still get outran by a muscle car or even a truck with a v8:lmfao:. I have had 2 honda's in the past and have a FA5 now, not down playing them. Just stating the truth, takes a lot more money to make it as fast.

HypnoToad
09-18-2009, 03:48 PM
Put a 100 shot on your stock Honda and it'll still get outran by a muscle car or even a truck with a v8:lmfao:. I have had 2 honda's in the past and have a FA5 now, not down playing them. Just stating the truth, takes a lot more money to make it as fast.

i beat turbocharged hondas with my stock 305TBI(that got 30mpg on hwy):lmfao::lmfao:

theres a reason im wanting to swap a old carbed V8 into my 240sx and its not cause of noise

Jdm94Coupe
09-19-2009, 12:06 PM

Are you talking about my car or the thread starters? Watch who you talk to. No nitrous 4 me. And it takes WAY WAY WAY less money to make a honda fast....

Jdm94Coupe
09-19-2009, 12:07 PM
i beat turbocharged hondas with my stock 305TBI(that got 30mpg on hwy):lmfao::lmfao:

theres a reason im wanting to swap a old carbed V8 into my 240sx and its not cause of noise

be a little more specific about turbocharged hondas. ebay kits on bullshit civics dont count.....and we know you're not doing the swap for weight reduction.

punkr6
09-19-2009, 12:25 PM
WOW @ all the bad information in this thread, No wonder so many people blow their shit up with nitrous and give it a bad rap...