PDA

View Full Version : Food 2 GREAT BBQ PLACES!

Lurker
09-13-2009, 01:50 AM
Both of these places have the best BBQ in the southeast and COUNTRY for that matter. This ain't no Shanes rib shack either. Shanes isn't BBQ, it's fast food bbq and it SUCKS.

1. Bub-ba-Q's! They have 2 locations. :goodjob:

1976 Highway 53
Jasper, GA

or

10020 Hwy 92
Suite 100
Woodstock, GA.

I went to the Woodstock location and had a 1/2 rack of ribs, beef brisket, and brunswick stew. I ordered a side of the corn nuggets also because another customer suggested them. Ribs were great flavor(dry rub), the beef brisket was awesome, and the corn nuggets were a cardiac heaven of succulent corn niblets that melted in your mouth. I'm not really a fan of stew but I tried it anyways. It was alright, but I rarely order it.

Voted 2nd best ribs in the country, thats COUNTRY folks. I believe the beef brisket is ranked #6 or #8 in the country and it was off the chain too. Get the corn nuggets for your side, you won't be disappointed.

The owner actually sat down with us and talked for over an hour. Pretty cool cat and he knows his bbq.

2. Fox Brothers BBQ :goodjob:

1238 Dekalb Ave NE
Atlanta, GA
404-577-4030

I had a 1/2 rack of ribs(wet), beef brisket, and some wings. I can't really complain about anything I ate, everything had great flavor and was cooked perfectly. The wings are perfect for Sunday football.

Can't go wrong with either place, I promise. I know my bbq! :yes:

PSINXS
09-13-2009, 07:36 PM
jasper, ga sounds like a place i would get lynched in. could you bring me some back?

LeGeNdaRyLeGeNd
09-13-2009, 09:08 PM
how do yall feel about jim n nicks while we are on the topic of bbq joints.

D3UC3S
09-13-2009, 10:20 PM
I had to work on a job in Jasper and that BBQ place was the only place that was good to eat in the whole town!!!

BBQ there really is as good as the OP said

Crazy Asian
09-13-2009, 11:41 PM
how do yall feel about jim n nicks while we are on the topic of bbq joints.

Overpriced piece of crap.

choiiiiiiiii
09-14-2009, 01:42 AM
Overpriced piece of crap.

agreed

bowdown201
09-14-2009, 11:37 AM
Shanes was good real bbq when he opened the first original location but once he franchised he had to meet supply and demand and its now the way it is unfortunatley

BLK JDM
09-15-2009, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the info on Fox Brother's BBQ!! I picked up some food today to go for me and the fiance. THE RIBS ARE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! The potatoe salad isn't my cup of tea but everything else was GREAT!!

MR2DR
09-15-2009, 11:40 PM
Fox Bros is the shit man. They have a wing special everyday if youre not that into bbq and I can't ramble on about their fried pickles enough :goodjob:

PSINXS
09-28-2009, 02:14 PM
Thanks for the info on Fox Brother's BBQ!! I picked up some food today to go for me and the fiance. THE RIBS ARE ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! The potatoe salad isn't my cup of tea but everything else was GREAT!!

as soon as he franchised the pulled pork sandwiches got way smaller. all i ever liked ffrom shanes.

but K.C. Pit is good. the one next to ruth's chris.

bdydrpdmazda
09-28-2009, 02:18 PM
How can both places have the best? You must pick one

just saying...

trini_gsr
09-28-2009, 02:24 PM
hmm i been looking for a good bbq place, i might try the one up in woodstock. good looking out on the info

FasTech
09-28-2009, 04:16 PM
Although 99% of members on here have no clue what I'm talking about but I know of a GREAT BBQ place in the industrial part of Macon Georgia called, Tuckers. Best BBQ you'll ever have in your life. My great grandfather use to hang their back in the days when he was in his teens, so it was kinda like te sonic now. LOL. My family introduced me to it when I was young and I've introduced it to a few memebers on here. If you're ever in Macon, and want to experience it, PM me and we might can grab some lunch or dinner.

bdydrpdmazda
09-28-2009, 04:20 PM
Although 99% of members on here have no clue what I'm talking about but I know of a GREAT BBQ place in the industrial part of Macon Georgia called, Tuckers. Best BBQ you'll ever have in your life. My great grandfather use to hang their back in the days when he was in his teens, so it was kinda like te sonic now. LOL. My family introduced me to it when I was young and I've introduced it to a few memebers on here. If you're ever in Macon, and want to experience it, PM me and we might can grab some lunch or dinner.
im sorry, are you asking me out?

PSINXS
09-28-2009, 05:41 PM

asl? got face pic?

LOL

RedEj8
09-28-2009, 07:35 PM
Fresh Air in Macon pwns all...Well, at least their brunswick stew does.

FasTech
09-28-2009, 09:09 PM
im sorry, are you asking me out?

No.... just friendly lunch or something if you're ever in the neighborhood. I mean, my friends and I usally hangout with some IA members when they come down. Just try to make the scene down here look alright.

D3UC3S
09-28-2009, 10:42 PM
The Mustard Seed in mechanicsville...if you know, then you know

Maverick
09-29-2009, 02:28 PM
jasper, ga sounds like a place i would get lynched in. could you bring me some back?

lol

Nerdsrock22
09-29-2009, 06:28 PM
Fresh Air in Macon pwns all...Well, at least their brunswick stew does.

Macon BBQ mostly sucks, but Fresh Air is about the only thing going.

Fox Bros is currently my fave in ATL, they KILL the brisket. :goodjob:

BLK JDM
09-29-2009, 11:01 PM
Just picked up some Fox Bros. today for dinner. Man I love there food!!

SouthrnStyle
09-29-2009, 11:03 PM
Going to have to swing by Fox bros this weekend and check it out!

CeOTiO8
09-30-2009, 12:35 PM
Haven't been there, but I heard Dreamland in Roswell is the fucking shit....

Lurker
10-01-2009, 12:23 AM
I know good food.

I'm going to go back to Fox brothers to try out other items on the menu.

Stormhammer
10-04-2009, 12:43 AM
Dillards BBQ on the corner of Buford Hwy and Lawrenceville Suwanee is fucking amazing.

kain
10-31-2009, 11:47 PM
pig n chick bbq in chamblee or sandy springs.

Dr.G35
11-01-2009, 06:01 AM
Southern Pit BBQ in Hampton, GA is the best I've eaten on the southide of Atlanta.:yumyum::yumyum::yumyum::yumyum::yumyum:

GTScoob
11-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Southern Pit BBQ in Hampton, GA is the best I've eaten on the southide of Atlanta.:yumyum::yumyum::yumyum::yumyum::yumyum:
Very true and Fox Bros is the best in Atlanta. Fat Matt's may not be the best BBQ but has a better BBQ atmosphere than anywhere else in Atlanta with live blues every night of the week.

Dr.G35
11-13-2009, 06:04 AM
Very true and Fox Bros is the best in Atlanta. Fat Matt's may not be the best BBQ but has a better BBQ atmosphere than anywhere else in Atlanta with live blues every night of the week.
I might have to look up this Fox Bros.