PDA

View Full Version : The Turbo School - Macon, Ga @ JJSPEC Racing

Evil Goat
09-12-2009, 09:58 AM
http://theturboschool.com/images/stories/turbo_school.png
http://www.theturboschool.com

The Turbo School, which you've seen on Honda-tech, etc is coming to Macon for it's only scheduled stop in Georgia. The Turbo School has made stops at and have planned classes at some of the premier shops in the U.S., such as NRG Tech, T1 Race Development, Speedsouth, Central Florida Turbo, Powertrain Control Solutions, & TD Autowerkes. JJSPEC Racing is proud to announce that our location has been chosen to host Georgia's only scheduled stop!

We had a date scheduled for this month but due to family health issues The Turbo School had to reschedule our date....We are now in the process of planning the rescheduled date and are looking at who all would be interested in attending.

The Instructors...

The Turbo School is a once in a lifetime chance to pick the brains of two of the biggest names in the racing industry, Dan Portera and Dave Zientara. The class will be instructed by Dan Portera, aka "Turbo Dano", formerly of Bullseye Power, who has over 15 years of experience in high performance turbo industry, and involved more specifically in the design and manufacture of turbos for the last 12 years. He has worked with some of the fastest turbo race teams in the country and pioneering the way for high horsepower turbo 4, 6, & 8 cylinder applications running on pump/race gas and methanol.

Dave Zientara has been in the professional chassis business for the last 28 years, 9 years Jerry Haas Race cars (building Pro Stock and Pro Mod chassis) and has worked with Warren Johnson, Ron Krisher Kurt Johnson, Tommy Martino, V. Gaines, Ricky Smith, and countless other top notch teams in the industry. He has worked with many top sportsman and comp eliminator RWD cars. He also worked with Jerry Bickle and the chassis performance training program for 3 years. He currently is running his own chassis shop in St. Louis. Dave has also built many of the worlds fastest front wheel drive cars. Has experience in the IRL, Scca, Rolex 24hr, Top fuel teams both funny car and dragster. Dave also has a extensive back ground in driving high horse power vehicles.

Quick Overview of the class itself....

Day 1:
Turbo talk in general
Common terms and details on what they mean to you
Compressor wheel design and theory
Turbine wheel design and theory
Journal / ball bearing talk
Complete teardown of a journal bearing turbo
Complete reassemble of a journal bearing turbo
What to look for (good and bad characteristics)
Turbo sizing for your application
Flow and how to optimize it both pre and post turbo/IC
Data logging characteristics and what the info means

Day 2
Chassis basics
How to apply the power to the ground
How to read your tires
How to optimize your power
Future improvements for our class/chassis
What options we have for performance advantages in suspenions
How to tune your suspension
Looking at the car as a whole and treating it like a pro mod car

We are looking at incorporating a track visit in with the class with the instructors as well....so you can put what you learn into play and have two of the biggest names in the industry at your fingertips for help!

Other Info...
What: Turbo School, presented by TheTurboSchool.com and JJSPEC Racing
When: November 7th & 8th
Where:JJSPEC Racing - Macon, Ga.
How Much?:$295 per person + track entry fee

If you are interested in attending please post up...

PLEASE PRE REGISTER - PRE REGISTRATION IS $150 TO RESERVE YOUR SPOT AND THE REST IS DUE AT THE CLASS!

Pre-Registration is now open....to reserve your spot you must paypal $150 to [email protected] and remember to be ready to pay the remainder the first day of class!

B18c1Turboed
09-12-2009, 11:42 AM
Depending on the date you can pencil me in, i was gonna go too the one in NY, but i didnt feel like flying up ther again.

Evil Goat
09-12-2009, 12:16 PM
i hear ya man....im sure we will be able to put out at least a months notice since dan and dave have to make flight and hotel plans as well

Chuckster
09-13-2009, 12:42 PM
Subscribed.

jnv255
09-13-2009, 10:03 PM
cant wait....

redrumracer
09-14-2009, 10:26 PM
ill keep an eye on this. looks to be good

Evil Goat
09-15-2009, 01:39 PM
ok....date is set

November 7th & 8th, which is a Sat/Sun.

Please pre register to reserve your spot, pre registration info will be up tonight

Paul
09-15-2009, 02:42 PM
this shit sounds awesome

AFSil80
09-15-2009, 07:45 PM
I may bring my own extension cord...I'm gonna be typing like crazy on my laptop.

Evil Goat
09-15-2009, 07:47 PM
I may bring my own extension cord...I'm gonna be typing like crazy on my laptop.

you and me both :goodjob:

AFSil80
09-15-2009, 07:49 PM
Now I just gotta get my newest upgrade done so I don't show up empty handed. :P

Ya2Civic
09-17-2009, 08:52 PM
This should be very great class.

Dave Z built three of our Pro Street Toyota Supras and his work is great. Dave is one of the best minds out there in the race car chasis world but not only in chasis but drag racing.

Dan sponsored our drag team when he was with bullseye. Dan knowledge of turbos is incredible. He help our drag team win back to back NDRA/NHRA championships.

Both of these guys have a way of explaining things that a beginner can learn pretty easy. Guys dont be afraid to go to this class because the knowledge you will gain will be alot more then your cost for this class.

JJSPEC Racing
09-17-2009, 09:00 PM
Yamil! Good to hear from you! Give me a call if you are in the Macon area, I will buy you lunch!

kte324
09-17-2009, 09:45 PM
I am thinking about going. Only a 45 min drive to macon for me. Might as well get some knowledge about bullseye since it is what I am running.

JJSPEC Racing
09-17-2009, 09:52 PM
It is not just bullseye. It is turbo and chassis knowledge. Preregister and looking forward to seeing you there!

J-ROCK
09-18-2009, 01:53 AM
if i have the money soon ill check it out

hondalover00
09-20-2009, 08:01 AM
sounds good to try and aget some skills from the best....gonna see what i can do about gettin off work and doin this

hondaman050
09-21-2009, 02:13 AM
omg! omg! omg! lol

JDMGRNAV6
10-13-2009, 04:22 PM
wish i had the extra cash, seems interesting.

chris13
10-27-2009, 12:46 PM
do you have to bring a car to tune or have on the track? or can i just go to listen and learn?

DarKStaR
10-27-2009, 01:11 PM
no you dont have to have a car. You can come and just learn.

chris13
10-28-2009, 07:09 AM
no you dont have to have a car. You can come and just learn.

ok, if i can get off work im def there

JJSPEC Racing
10-30-2009, 08:22 PM
Has anyone sent a deposit in?

FAM0U5
10-30-2009, 08:38 PM
if t i could get things in order ill go..

JJSPEC Racing
11-04-2009, 08:48 AM
The Turbo School has been rescheduled for the Spring.

ACCORDPRIDE
11-04-2009, 08:52 AM
damn it i had jus remembered and was gonna send my deposit