PDA

View Full Version : Misc Attn: Skateboarders

TheGodfather
09-12-2009, 04:21 AM
Who skates on here?

Just got a new Zoo York deck. My last Darkstar was hitting the shitter.

If there are already one of these threads or whatever, feel free to direct me there.

Master Shake
09-12-2009, 09:46 AM
i do much skating as i used to. but zoo york's are pretty good though. i'm more of an Element person. its something about their logo that draws me in.

quite some time ago. i had a Freddy Kruger deck. paid like $45 or $50 for it, and broke the tail off it the same day. putting back to the shitty blank deck again.

TheGodfather
09-12-2009, 01:20 PM
Nice.

What shoes do you prefer?

I've stuck with DVS for the longest time, just always seem durable and comfortable.

trini_gsr
09-14-2009, 01:15 PM
i skate...wish i had more time for it, i just skate when i can. i have a baker deck. used to have an element board, i do like their graphics but i'm feeling the shape of the baker board i'm riding now.

for shoes i run adidas superstar skates (the shelltoes). last couple pairs were nike sb's, they were cool and all, but i wore through the toes way too fast (and i don't even skate that much).

bowdown201
09-14-2009, 02:15 PM
DVS are good shoes to skate in I used to have a pair of old Getz's..wished I could get another pair. Its been so long since I skated though, I may get another board here soon

cactusEG
09-15-2009, 03:26 PM
I started in 99 and stopped about 07. But now off and on.

I get my boards from BC, thier brand. Very good boards...

Hulud
09-21-2009, 01:52 PM
i want to get out and skate but for the past year i havent been able to get out at all.

either i have school work or work or it is fucking raining every single day i have off. (no joke)

my setup:
deck - Plan b
trucks - Thunder
wheels - spitfire
bearings - china red

i also have a dolphin board (from the 70's) and an Arbor Pcoket Rocket to cruise on

i try to keep getting old boards from ebay to collect its pretty cool to get a steal on there from the past

trini_gsr
09-22-2009, 08:47 AM
i try to keep getting old boards from ebay to collect its pretty cool to get a steal on there from the past

when i was in the skate shop last time, there was a kid in there that wanted to sell his dad's old rob roskopp (sp) santa cruz board, complete with tracker trucks and speed demons (i think, or some other old school wheel).

board looked hardly used, had rails on it lol...graphic wasn't scratched up, I'd be surprised if it was even ollied with. that was my 1st deck ever too. i shoulda gave the kid $40 for it and mounted it somewhere in the crib :D

cactusEG
09-22-2009, 09:36 AM
i want to get out and skate but for the past year i havent been able to get out at all.

either i have school work or work or it is fucking raining every single day i have off. (no joke)

my setup:
deck - Plan b
trucks - Thunder
wheels - spitfire
bearings - china red

i also have a dolphin board (from the 70's) and an Arbor Pcoket Rocket to cruise on

I have an 80's vison board with gold wing truck. Dont ride it but just a collection...

Austin?
09-23-2009, 11:47 AM
i don't skate but i LOL when they fall!!

EL42
09-29-2009, 06:59 PM

my setup:
deck - Plan b
trucks - Thunder
wheels - spitfire
bearings - china red

sounds like a reliable setup:cheers:

cactusEG
09-29-2009, 07:01 PM
Skated today and Im rusty as hell !

03RCode
09-29-2009, 07:09 PM
i don't skate but i LOL when they fall!!

Same here.

Revmaynard
09-29-2009, 07:21 PM
DVS are good shoes to skate in I used to have a pair of old Getz's..wished I could get another pair. Its been so long since I skated though, I may get another board here soon

I had a pair of black Getz with maroon laces that were the shit! I don't skate often anymore. I usually skated Black Label/Element and Vans/DVS.

ekcivic1991
09-29-2009, 07:26 PM
yeah i broke my arm skating when i was 12 and my career went down from there