PDA

View Full Version : any done business with autosourcega.com???

chuck
03-26-2005, 05:21 PM
i was thinking of buying a car from them and wondering if anyone had done business with them or heard anything about them by chance.

Kevykev
03-26-2005, 05:34 PM
no experiences...

97 RL is what you're interested in?

chuck
03-26-2005, 05:52 PM
that'd be nice but no, i'm actually looking at the 92 MR2 with a gazillion miles...lol

FrnkPwrs
03-26-2005, 07:44 PM
Is this like a car broker?

Brett
03-26-2005, 08:02 PM
Damn no nice cars there and they all have over 100,000 miles!! DAMN THAT MR2 has almost 200,000 miles on it!! A few of thier cars have miles close to that, WTF?? lol

chuck
03-26-2005, 08:14 PM
it doesn't matter how many miles it has when you are just going to throw the engine out...lol. i just don't want some crashed up piece of crap, i'm gonna go look at it in person monday, just wondering if ANYONE HAS DONE BUSINESS WITH THEM...lol.

Brett
03-26-2005, 08:20 PM
My bad man...lol :D

chuck
03-26-2005, 08:21 PM
its all gravy

post whore ;)

FrnkPwrs
03-26-2005, 08:40 PM
If its an autobroker [which i think it may be] car fax man. You must. A lot of autobrokers get these cars from auctions and fix them up. I used to work for a dealership that did it. If its a concern! To me, its not a big difference, as long as the body work is good. Just be careful man

chuck
03-26-2005, 09:24 PM
i just want the frame to be straight, just about everything else is going to be cut up...

final product idea:
http://www.spline-designs.com/members/516279_62_full.jpg

FrnkPwrs
03-26-2005, 09:30 PM
Nice kit! Who is going to do the work? If I can find a good bodyman for a decent realistic price, Im thinking about buying this one:

http://www.mrf360.com/Bilder-Donington-index/14.jpg
http://www.mrf360.com/Bilder-Donington-index/13.jpg

chuck
03-26-2005, 09:32 PM
the picture isn't showing up but i assume you are still wanting the 360 kit for the newer MR2's?? i'll be doing most of the work myself, i'm going to have to get someone else to do the glass, but there are places that can do all 4 windows for like $750

chuck
03-26-2005, 09:33 PM
ok, i see it now, yeah i like that...i wish i had a kit for what i want to do :(

FrnkPwrs
03-26-2005, 09:35 PM
yea, i just fixed the link. I heard the quality of the original kit is weak, and so each panel would have to be reinforced, but that the install is pretty straight forward for a body person as it uses a lot of factory mounting spots, and in places that it does, it used bolt on pieces so that the pieces that dont fit still do. Just $8k is a lot to have a kit just sit in a garage! Keep me informed on your mr2 project. If I scrap the 360 project, Im just going to go 355 hardtop route and buy a truck as a daily driver

Brett
03-26-2005, 09:35 PM
Damn that is a dead sexy kit, I cant believe how much like the real car it looks

FrnkPwrs
03-26-2005, 09:59 PM
Yea, I love it. I really just want to get it built for me, because even though I realize next to a real 360 it would stand out, I love the look of that car. LOL, the underpowered mr2 engine definately would be a giveaway too, but hey, you gotta appreciate work like that! If I never reseatched buying a kit, I wouldnt know the difference in all the kit 355s i see here in ATL, and that accounts for about 65% of the exotics I see. Too bad they dont make an interior kit for it! LOL, ferrari body and toyota inside! LOL, brett if you see me with a supermodel in the passenger side, dont give away my secret!!!!

Brett
03-26-2005, 10:13 PM
Frank your secret would be safe with me!! HA HA HA

chuck
03-27-2005, 12:58 PM
Yea, I love it. I really just want to get it built for me, because even though I realize next to a real 360 it would stand out, I love the look of that car. LOL, the underpowered mr2 engine definately would be a giveaway too, but hey, you gotta appreciate work like that! If I never reseatched buying a kit, I wouldnt know the difference in all the kit 355s i see here in ATL, and that accounts for about 65% of the exotics I see. Too bad they dont make an interior kit for it! LOL, ferrari body and toyota inside! LOL, brett if you see me with a supermodel in the passenger side, dont give away my secret!!!!
any idea how much shorter the 360 kit is than the 360 itself??? and whats under the glass in the back, just the regular mr2 engine?? just curious..

Cliff
03-27-2005, 01:31 PM
those are some sexy mr2's...

4bangin
03-27-2005, 05:52 PM
LOL, the underpowered mr2 engine definately would be a giveaway too, but hey, you gotta appreciate work like that!

I can think of many...many...many mr2s that would walk all over a 360 without breaking a sweat.

IMO mr2s are already beautiful cars in their own right. I don't see much point in that bodykit. Dont get me wrong, it is gorgeous, but not even CLOSE to being worth it. I guess I have just grown out of drooling on the mr2 show cars. Performance is where it's at.

Cliff
03-27-2005, 07:56 PM
the new mr2's aren't so great....not like the early 90's bodystyle

BTLFED
03-27-2005, 09:14 PM
I bought my CRX from a place in Marietta called the Auto Source....almost 9 years ago. I wonder if it is the same place and they just moved? :confused:

FrnkPwrs
03-28-2005, 06:50 AM
I can think of many...many...many mr2s that would walk all over a 360 without breaking a sweat.

IMO mr2s are already beautiful cars in their own right. I don't see much point in that bodykit. Dont get me wrong, it is gorgeous, but not even CLOSE to being worth it. I guess I have just grown out of drooling on the mr2 show cars. Performance is where it's at.

Oh, if we werent talking about the newer MRs, then yea, Id be down. That kit for me would be pure floss. I mean, it works out for me because im always at all these entertainment spots, and your average person hasnt seen a 360 up close. I seen my first ferrari in my entire life about 3 years ago, and it shot right past me. TO me, the kit cars make a lot of sense. I know someone who used to have an older Elise, and people would be like "What type of Lambo is that?" When I rode my aprilia, it was always called a "Ninja". From what I hear about that kit when installed, the only giveaway that your average person would know would be the interior. Did you know the Ferraris in the movie "The Rock" were kit cars? Atermarket support, cheap insurance, reasonable on gas, no gripes from me! I wish I could find "unque" car like the attack that I could get put togehor. Those stnad exotic, few people have one, and looks nice. Plus its 100% custom!

http://www.venomracing.net/VRM%20Attack%200004.jpg

Makes you think twice about what you do with your insurance check in the next wreck, LOL