PDA

View Full Version : Firefox BSOD..any advice?

Spectic Tank
09-10-2009, 12:14 PM
I uninstalled a few programs, and installed one yesterday(none related to Firefox). Now, whenever Firefox is opened I will get a Blue screen of death and the computer will restart. I can't read what's on the blue screen because it only appears for a second before the computer restarts. I ran the CheckDisk and Defragmented the HD last night. Fired up Firefox this morning and instantly got the BSOD. I've been using IE all morning with no problems, it only seems to be an issue when firefox is opened. I'm stumped, anyone have any suggestions?

P.S. Let me know if I've left out any info that may help pinpoint the problem, thanks in advance.

cobalt9123
09-13-2009, 12:32 AM
Uninstall firefox, windows update, reinstall firefox.
If that doesn't work,
Download Malwarebyte's and see if it catches any viruses.
If that doesn't work,
comment back lol.
Do you have any other programs running while FF is open?

Spectic Tank
09-13-2009, 07:56 PM
I was using a shitty internet connection at a hotel when I started having problems. Since I've been home I've had no problems with it. Don't know what the issue was, but it seems fine now. If it does it again I'll reinstall like you suggested. I'm running AVG and it doesn't detect anything. Thanks for the help.

cobalt9123
09-14-2009, 10:32 PM
Anyime :)

Allshow97
09-15-2009, 07:44 AM
I was using a shitty internet connection at a hotel when I started having problems. Since I've been home I've had no problems with it. Don't know what the issue was, but it seems fine now. If it does it again I'll reinstall like you suggested. I'm running AVG and it doesn't detect anything. Thanks for the help.

The only thing I can figure is that you have some sort of addon that requires a connection to it's parent server (i.e. Personas, Yahoo Toolbar, etc.) If you were on a crappy connection and the browser add-on couldn't connect to those servers it could have created an exception fault which in turn would have thrown the BSOD. Next time (if there is a next time) try to start firefox in safe mode and see if you still get the BSOD. Sorry I was a little late to chime in on this.

§treet_§peed
09-15-2009, 02:27 PM
i used to use AVG when i was into hacking halo 2 lol