PDA

View Full Version : failure to maintain lane ticket HELP!

masonhenson
09-08-2009, 08:55 PM
ok long story short. I am on probation for a stupid speeding ticket. I admit guilt it was 92 in a 65 on 985 south as I was running late to work. I cant get any tickets till may 24th or I lose my license. WELLLLL this morning I was going through a curve on my bike and hit !!!GRAVEL!!! and laid it down and slid a good way.didnt hit any telephone poles or street signs or anything. just went through a field thing. Some lady calls the police cuz she thinks I am hurt. WHICH I WAS DEFINITELY.. but the cops come out and so do the ambulance/fire emt people and go oh ok youre refusing the 100000 dollar ambulance ride. Then the officer says hes gonna go and I said well hey if I have to report this to my insurance can you vouch for me and he was like yeah sure lemme ask my superior and ask how to do this. He came back with an incident report.. no biggie.. and then says oh and I almost forgot heres your ticket for failure to maintain lane.... eff.. so I talked to the solicitor that handled my speeding case and my PO and I have to go set up a revocation appointment on thursday morning.. is there anyway to get out of this?!?!?! like have the failure to maintain lane ticket dropped???

any help will be repped to heck and back.

Honda_91EF
09-08-2009, 08:56 PM
Maybe say something was on the road and you hit it and slid? Idk. Good luck man.

Ed
09-08-2009, 08:57 PM
getting a lawyer would be your best bet.

Firefightin_tC
09-08-2009, 08:59 PM
Either that or just sell your car and buy a Marta Bus Pass.

§treet_§peed
09-08-2009, 09:09 PM
lol if he lives up here, there is not marta. dur dur. dude honestly you can tend to get away with things on bikes. im curious where did this happen? but yeah tell the solicitor look i hit some gravel while going thru a curve. nothing you can do when that happens no matter what speed from 5 mph to 200 mph. i don't care who you are. all you can do is fight it what little you can and hope you don't fall.

eYezs1ck
09-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Either that or just sell your car and buy a Marta Bus Pass.
marta doesnt go all the way up to 985

Firefightin_tC
09-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Oh...well...I guess someone is prety much boned.

So pay up, MoFo's!

masonhenson
09-08-2009, 09:17 PM
it happened on oak road near five forks.. i believe thats unincorporated lawrenceville

DieselNuts
09-08-2009, 09:18 PM
getting a lawyer would be your best bet.

seconded

Honda_91EF
09-08-2009, 09:19 PM
it happened on oak road near five forks.. i believe thats unincorporated lawrenceville

My dad works off there lol. I was down there today. Tell them there was something on the road or something man.

masonhenson
09-08-2009, 09:21 PM
im fucked if i lose my license. i live near discover mills and go to GGC in lawrenceville taking 18 credit hours and i work 45 hours a week at advance auto on hwy 78 near stone mountain. I have rent car insurance bike payment bike insurance cable power and water.. i cant lose my license or i wont be able to work etc etc

nismo_92
09-08-2009, 09:23 PM
you can still drive just dont get caught lol

masonhenson
09-08-2009, 09:27 PM
yeah idk bout that haha.. im just worried and i think its a bs ticket.. I couldnt hold the lane! there was another rider next to me that is willing to vouch we were doing the speed limit and he was on the inside i was on the outside.. he didnt touch it but i did.. hes the one that told me i hit it after i was picking myself up

deathrex
09-08-2009, 11:08 PM
go dump a shit ton of gravel at the spot take pictures and be like SEE!!!! i told you. then hopefully theyd be like oh okay! but in all seriousness id try talking to the solicitor or my PO. if they dont help call a lawyer. either way pics of where and what was on the road wouldnt hurt.

deathrex
09-08-2009, 11:09 PM
oh yeah after your pics sweep that shit off the road lol. i ride arround there from time to time i dont wanna hit gravel too.

BABY J
09-08-2009, 11:19 PM
I'll vouch that I was in front of you and accidentally dropped the gravel that I was transporting to my gravel garden.

What you SHOULD have done (if there was no witnesses) is say that you were ran off the road by an 18 wheeler w/ KIDD Racing on the side. They'd never find tha truck... wait ... never mind.

tdurr
09-08-2009, 11:20 PM
yea should've takin pics. Camera phones are the best for accidents. I would've snapped like 15 pics before the cops go there.

but really id get a lawer

Honda_91EF
09-08-2009, 11:21 PM
I'll vouch that I was in front of you and accidentally dropped the gravel that I was transporting to my gravel garden.

What you SHOULD have done (if there was no witnesses) is say that you were ran off the road by an 18 wheeler w/ KIDD Racing on the side. They'd never find tha truck... wait ... never mind.

Couldn't you get in trouble then? And LOL

masonhenson
09-09-2009, 08:56 AM
yeah haha you could get in trouble for something like impeding the flow of traffic or something.. im gonna go by there today with a camera

Njobe
09-09-2009, 09:16 AM
failure to maintain lane isn't really bad... $85 and 3 points on your license lolol... sucks for you... like mostly everyone else said, take pics, show it to the officer although he can't drop it now since its in the system. go to court and ask him to say he wants to drop it there.

1SICKLEX
09-09-2009, 10:04 AM
yeah idk bout that haha.. im just worried and i think its a bs ticket.. I couldnt hold the lane! there was another rider next to me that is willing to vouch we were doing the speed limit and he was on the inside i was on the outside.. he didnt touch it but i did.. hes the one that told me i hit it after i was picking myself up

Well you should have thought about that before "you hit it". Seems you are not good at driving or riding a bike.

Driving is a PRIVILEGE, not a right.

You better get a lawyer b/c you just violated your probation.

§treet_§peed
09-09-2009, 06:32 PM
actually driving is more of a necessity these days, than it is a privilege. i hate when people say that. anyways, actually you can be a MOTO GP champ and still low side when you hit debris in the road. i don't care who you are if you hit something just right you can go down. no matter what speed you are traveling at.. hell me and my friend almost laid our bikes down when we hit some sand and small pieces of gravel turning onto a different road. he's been riding bikes for over 15 years. so i would think he could ride. but he was damn i hate when that shit happens. remember as he has always told me, the ass follows the head. so where ever the head goes, the ass will follow.

Elbow
09-09-2009, 06:36 PM
Take a pic of the turn if there is anything left and any skid marks.

masonhenson
09-09-2009, 07:43 PM
Thanks guys I'll rep when I get home. I'm gonna try to call the officer tomorrow

1SICKLEX
09-09-2009, 10:43 PM
Thanks guys I'll rep when I get home. I'm gonna try to call the officer tomorrow

Its likely too late. Tickets are entered in 24 hours. The key is to NOT get it entered so there is no court date set.

Njobe
09-09-2009, 10:46 PM
that doesn't really matter the cop can go to court and say he wants to dismiss it... happened to my mom when she go her ticket... the cop went to court and said he wanted to dismiss the ticket.

deathrex
09-09-2009, 11:32 PM
actually driving is more of a necessity these days, than it is a privilege. i hate when people say that. anyways, actually you can be a MOTO GP champ and still low side when you hit debris in the road. i don't care who you are if you hit something just right you can go down. no matter what speed you are traveling at.. hell me and my friend almost laid our bikes down when we hit some sand and small pieces of gravel turning onto a different road. he's been riding bikes for over 15 years. so i would think he could ride. but he was damn i hate when that shit happens. remember as he has always told me, the ass follows the head. so where ever the head goes, the ass will follow.

Agreed and repped. I've been riding for 15 years and i dont give a shit if your a pro rider. On the street sand gravel or small debris on the road can easily cause you to low side. A small rock can even throw you off balance in a straight line, may or may not buck you off, either way it will make you look faurther ahead. On a bike the smallest things can make the differance between a great ride and one you wished you never went on.

98blackcivic
09-10-2009, 09:38 AM
sup fellow grizzly? my license is also suspended..and i HAD to drive to college and work everyday...so i ran the risk of driving everyday...
idk gotta do waht you you gottta doo

im fucked if i lose my license. i live near discover mills and go to GGC in lawrenceville taking 18 credit hours and i work 45 hours a week at advance auto on hwy 78 near stone mountain. I have rent car insurance bike payment bike insurance cable power and water.. i cant lose my license or i wont be able to work etc etc

Njobe
09-10-2009, 09:43 AM
sup fellow grizzly? my license is also suspended..and i HAD to drive to college and work everyday...so i ran the risk of driving everyday...
you could of gotten a court order to be able to drive to work and school

T.C.
09-10-2009, 10:53 AM
If for some reason that you do lose your license ask the judge to for a work permit. When you leave the courtroom immediately go to the DMV and apply for a work permit. You will be able to go to school, work, and the doctor. Then always carry a book and a uniform incase you ever get pulled over you have an excuse. You should get a lawyer though.

hondachik
09-10-2009, 11:05 AM
good luck with getting the DMV to do that. I was 5 mths pregnant, in school, and working. I pled my case and the fucker still wouldn't give me a permit. So I said fuck the police and drove around anyways. :D

T.C.
09-10-2009, 11:10 AM
^Damn that sux. I dont know what you did but it shouldnt be difficult to get an work permit.

hondachik
09-10-2009, 11:15 AM
^Damn that sux. I dont know what you did but it shouldnt be difficult to get an work permit.

Was doing like 60 in a 35 and got a suspended license for 6 mths.

quickdodgeŽ
09-10-2009, 11:18 AM
..so i ran the risk of driving everyday...

Too bad you didn't get caught. Later, QD.

masonhenson
09-11-2009, 01:06 AM
fuck i think you have to be 21 to get a provisional license

you go to ggc? we should meet up sometime in building a for quiznos or something

aguynamedpat
09-11-2009, 01:40 AM
I dont have a job right now. Ill drive you around for $50 a day. Muhahaha.

Seriously though, that is a shitty situation. Were you right there by your old Advance store? If so, that curve is garbage. There is always shit in the road right there from that cemetery with the little gravel driveway. Ive seen a lot of wrecks on that curve, and almost got hit head on in high school from someone flying around that curve and coming into my lane.

Good luck man. If you get it taken, try for the work permit. My buddy pulled it off with the same situation as you.

§treet_§peed
09-11-2009, 02:04 AM
Shit when i was 21 they denied me a work permit even tho at the time i was the major source of income for my house hold.

DunDunSkeert
09-11-2009, 02:57 AM
I dont have a job right now. Ill drive you around for $50 a day. Muhahaha.

Seriously though, that is a shitty situation. Were you right there by your old Advance store? If so, that curve is garbage. There is always shit in the road right there from that cemetery with the little gravel driveway. Ive seen a lot of wrecks on that curve, and almost got hit head on in high school from someone flying around that curve and coming into my lane.

Good luck man. If you get it taken, try for the work permit. My buddy pulled it off with the same situation as you.

You're thinking of Dogwood, I think he is talking about the turn on Oak that goes under Reagan, it is a tricky turn that alot of people have screwed up on. I even saw a cop that had slid off that turn into a ditch before.

Anyway, I'm glad you're alright. Just tell them that there was debris in the road, and blame it on mexicans.

masonhenson
09-14-2009, 08:23 AM
yeah the left curve after the reagan bridge