PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Problems in high end rpm range..any ideas?

Blaze the chemi
10-11-2005, 08:49 PM
Sorry for large picture. Here's the scoop. I had :bowdown: Ed Senf tune my car after I rebuilt the engine. I toasted the ringlands on my stock PR3's after only a few months under boost :D
So I invested in some good products. :2cents: Here's the line up of the car:
B16A in a 2000 Civic Si
Greddy TD05-18G kit
Magnaflow Cat
Crower rods
SRP 9.9:1 pistons
ACL Rods bearings
ARP Head bolts
MSD 6A w/ Blaster SS coil and distributor cap
NGK BCPR7ES-11 plugs :goodjob:
NGK Blue wires
Everything you can think of is stock.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTA4MDU1NTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

As you can see it's great up until around 6K rpm's. As we increased the boost, the roller coaster phenonemon was showing lower in the rpm's. At 3 psi it was showing up around 7200 rpm's. I've checked a few things out like the CYP, CKP, TDC sensors in the distributor and all checked out. Where should I check next? Thanks and if you have any thoughts let me know.
You can check this thread out too

Jon00
10-11-2005, 09:11 PM
wg maybe ?

scttydb411
10-11-2005, 10:03 PM
a/f, timing, and boost stability would be my first guess. how's your base timing? the drop at the end def looks like a/f.

Blaze the chemi
10-15-2005, 01:37 PM
The wasteagate works fine. The boost only goes up to where the boost controller says to control. The timing is fine. It was checked and rechecked to make sure everything was working. You can see the A/F ratio at the bottom is very flat until the when it goes a little bit richer. I am wondering if the MSD system is at fault. I need someone with an Si with a stock distributor housing to check this against. If not then it would be my wires at fault. Anyone willing to help out or know of someone with a B16 in the area? I would be willing to drive. Thanks!