PDA

View Full Version : Misc Coming to GA to visit my mom.. need some advice!

jasonturbo
09-07-2009, 09:37 PM
Hey Guys,

So to make a long story short, my folks moved to Atl a few years ago, and when I used to come visit I stayed at their giant house... well they got a divorce and now they both have no room for guests so I need to find my own accomodations while in ATL.. I could stay with one of them but it would be awkward as my gf is coming with me and we would have almost no privacy.

So I have 2 issues...

1. I dont really want to stay at a hotel.. I was thnking I would try to find a nice house/townhouse etc vacation rental with a pool.. but I cant seem to find anything! Anyone know where to look? Been looking at craigslist and searching but I always find dead end crappy advertisement garbage. My budget is pretty generous, I dont mind spending some decent $$$ on the right place :)

2. Every time I have been to ATL in the past, we did everything as a family.. but since I am bringing my GF and my folks split.. I figure I will need to get out more and see some of the best spots around ATL that I've never seen before. Any tips? Good places to bring the GF? Keep in mind we dont do the barscene thing really.. unless there is something amazing we need to see!

Thanks in advance for the help,.I guess I should also mention I am looking for a place around Cobb, Marietta, Kennesaw etc. as my folks are still both in Cobb area.

If I left out any crucial info please let me know, looking to do the vacation thing near the end of september or early october.

:D

Jason

GIXXERDK
09-08-2009, 01:01 AM
Why not stay at a NICE hotel?

JennB
09-08-2009, 09:00 AM
www.vrbo.com

I saw homes for rent in Atlanta, Buckhead, Marietta and Alpharetta.