PDA

View Full Version : ga stolen/recovered inspection?

Mad Mike
09-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Anyone gone threw a GA stolen/recovered inspection?

I bought a car from a friend that traded his 89 civic for a 93 civic ex. Before he got it the car was stolen and stripped and after it was found a junkyard rebuilt it using a dx doner car. My friend decided it had to many issues and parked it and never registered it.

My big question is what needs to be checked with it and how much is the inspection going to cost me?

Right now the car is lowered but I have stock springs.
The low beams have a short and melted the switch. I have a new switch and I'm going to rewire them.
It dosen't have a muffler on it but I'm trying to find a stock one. The rest of the exhaust is untouched stock. I also live in a non emissions area and the inspection place is in a non emissions area.

any advise or info would be great.
thanks

Honda_91EF
09-07-2009, 08:37 PM
Does the car have a title?

Mad Mike
09-07-2009, 08:51 PM
yes it has a NC title.

Honda_91EF
09-07-2009, 09:00 PM
yes it has a NC title.

Why don't you just go and try to register it?

If you can't go. Get it inspected. Get a stock muffler/exhaust on it. Clean it up, try to take out the dents. Make sure no body pieces are missing lol.

Mad Mike
09-07-2009, 09:28 PM
I tried to register it but on the top of the title it says total loss and the lady asked me about it.

The car itself is in pretty good condition with just a few problems. The biggest issue with it is they put non power doors on it and its a EX. All the wiring is still there I just need the doors. That and it came with tan interior and they left the tan dash and put in black interior.

Honda_91EF
09-07-2009, 09:31 PM
I tried to register it but on the top of the title it says total loss and the lady asked me about it.

The car itself is in pretty good condition with just a few problems. The biggest issue with it is they put non power doors on it and its a EX. All the wiring is still there I just need the doors. That and it came with tan interior and they left the tan dash and put in black interior.

Paint the dash black and try to get the power windows, OR just make them look like theyre power. I don't really think they look at that. I think they look at physical damage (frame damage, etc.). You should be fine. Just get the muffler.

Mad Mike
09-07-2009, 09:35 PM
Yea the headlights, horn, suspension and exhaust are really the only problems I'm worried about.

Honda_91EF
09-07-2009, 09:38 PM
Yea the headlights, horn, suspension and exhaust are really the only problems I'm worried about.

Well, fix all that.

Mad Mike
09-07-2009, 09:40 PM
that's the plan.

Honda_91EF
09-07-2009, 09:45 PM
that's the plan.

Good luck, man. I'm sure if you fix the problems, you won't have any issues with the inspection.

Mad Mike
09-07-2009, 09:49 PM
thanks

silversol
09-08-2009, 12:19 PM
if it has to threw a salvage inspection all the lights horn and other safety stuff will need to be in good working order. as well as all the warning lights in the dash.

silversol
09-08-2009, 12:23 PM
also the inspection cost about 200$

Mad Mike
09-08-2009, 06:02 PM
$200 now that sucks.