PDA

View Full Version : A few pics from the little vacation...

quickdodgeŽ
09-07-2009, 07:44 PM
Went and stayed at Marriott at TPC Sawgrass in Ponte Vedra, FL this weekend. What an awesome hotel that is. Pictures from the hotel grounds and my boogie boarding jaunt follow. Surfing was very good considering. The sets that were coming in came in rapid succession. Not many rest periods in between at all. Unfortunately I forgot my board so I had to rent one. Fortunately, though, they let me use it free of charge for the time I was there. The way these waves came in and the rapidity of them kept myself, and many other surfers, to really get good runs in. A good wave is one that "runs" down the beach and not straight into it. That way, you can ride down the wave as it is forming until it either dies out or you pull out. These waves were coming straight into the beach so you couldn't do anything but ride straight in. But it felt alright regardless since it has been almost 20 years since I've rode one of these. Here. Later, QD.

quickdodgeŽ
09-07-2009, 07:50 PM
The rest. Included within, is a QD wipe out. Later, QD.

yungdz
09-07-2009, 07:58 PM
looks like a good time

Revmaynard
09-07-2009, 08:00 PM
I'm jealous. How was the water? It looks kinda chilly.

james
09-07-2009, 09:49 PM
fuck. edit: im a complete moron who looked at the pics without reading. kthx.

umairejaz
09-07-2009, 09:54 PM
I love that water fall/pond

Echonova
09-07-2009, 10:12 PM
So that's what's up!

quickdodgeŽ
09-08-2009, 08:55 AM
Rev, the water was great. Temperature was not really that cold.

uma, yeah, the whole layout of the place was tropic looking. Of course being in that area.

And echonova, it brought back awesome memories of Sebastian Inlet when I went twice a month every month for a couple of years. And trust me, riding a wave at 40 isn't as easy as it was at 20. But still just as fun. Even if the waves weren't as set, lolol. I was out 3 hours before I even knew it. And still didn't want to come back in. Later, QD.

dappsta
09-09-2009, 01:51 PM
Nice pics man, you should make your way to Barbados if you want some real waves.. he's a couple examples (not to thread jack)

(I'm the one doing the cutback in the close up)

dappsta
09-09-2009, 01:52 PM
/back on topic...

quickdodgeŽ
09-09-2009, 01:54 PM
Nice pics man, you should make your way to Barbados if you want some real waves.. he's a couple examples (not to thread jack)

(I'm the one doing the cutback in the close up)

Awesome pics for sure, man. But I wasn't vacationing in a surfing area. Just caught what was available, lolol. There are "real" waves in Florida, but I was too far North to hit them up. Next year will be different. I will buying a new board and doing some shredding then.

I never learned how to surf, but I love the shit, man. That's just cool, though. Thanks for posting the pics. Later, QD.

dappsta
09-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Awesome pics for sure, man. But I wasn't vacationing in a surfing area. Just caught what was available, lolol. There are "real" waves in Florida, but I was too far North to hit them up. Next year will be different. I will buying a new board and doing some shredding then.

I never learned how to surf, but I love the shit, man. That's just cool, though. Thanks for posting the pics. Later, QD.

No problem, looks like you had a great vacay none the less. Florida can have some sweet waves if the weather co-operates for sure!

quickdodgeŽ
09-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Florida can have some sweet waves if the weather co-operates for sure!

Best spot is Sebastian Inlet. Sets come in as high as 10-15' when the storms are out. Normal days they were 7-10'. I used to go there twice a month back in the late 80s to surf. Did that for a couple of years. Later, QD.