PDA

View Full Version : Religion JUDGEMENT

jorgen
09-07-2009, 10:20 AM
What a complicated subject.
I struggle between trying to understand a perfect loving God, and a wrathful, vengeful God. I believe, but no one is perfect.
It could be argued many ways.
"By your words you will be aquitted, by your words you will be condemmed"
"Shall we go on sinning? BY NO MEANS! If you continue sinning, no sacrifice for sin is left"

Every night I can't help but wonder, what if I don't wake up tomorrow?
I tend to lean towards a belief in a wrathful God, and even though I believe, I expect no mercy. I fully expect to be thrown into the deepest layer of hell.

Discuss.

rehab
09-07-2009, 05:08 PM
You know what's great, Jorgen?

Unicorns.

In fact, unicorns are freakin' AWESOME. And you know why? Because once you accept one into your life, they provide you with a lifetime membership into the Beer, Massage, Chocolate and Steak club. Have you not heard about the beer, massage and steak club? Well, let me tell you all about it - it doesn't matter if you don't like beer, or steak, or chocolate, or massages - whichever one you like, you get 24 hours a day for the rest of your life, and if you like all four or any combination of them, well... you're in luck! Because That's what the rest of your eternity will be - massages (happy ending or not, your choice), steak cooked just the way you want it, chocolate of any sort coated in any topping (or as a topping on anything you want), and any beer ever made, always on tap and never flat.

And to get all of this, all you have to do is accept a unicorn into your life.

What? You don't believe in unicorns? Well, I assure you that they are very real! And I know this because I've accepted a unicorn into my life, and I trust that it will one day gain me admittance into the BMCS Club. How could I have accepted it into my life? Well, I just believe in them, and I trust they exist, because there are texts available to me that discuss them, as well as people available to teach me all about them. I mean, after all, with such great eternal rewards, why wouldn't you believe?

Okay, fine, don't believe in them - you're going to end up in the Pushups For Eternity club. That's where you have to do knuckle pushups on mounds of broken glass with Rush Limbaugh sitting on your back for all eternity. All because you won't accept a unicorn into your life.

Pretty silly, right? Well, my dear Christian friend, that's exactly how you sound to me.

jorgen
09-07-2009, 05:15 PM
Buddy, its not about texts, or magic unicorns. Based on your attitude, I'm not even going to try and explain it. Trust me, I've spent my whole life weighing the arguments of both sides. Guess what, the unicorn won.
So when life kicks your ass, when you stare death in the face, remember the unicorn.

steelmatt6
09-07-2009, 09:54 PM
God wants whats best for everyone, every living creature, and everything. But not everybody is listening. We as humans, were given free will. If we choose to make God our guide and father, we will be following a path that only leads to positive outcomes. If we choose not to, then life is completley unknown. Many people believe in God. Only a select few are "laborers" of his word. Most of us believe. Some of us spread the good word. But only a select few have learned how to give God their undivided attention. It's natural for you, me, and others to get caught up with life. Most of the time, we make things harder than they really have to be!

God is a loving god. For humanity naturally sins. But each of us has the ability to seek out God's word, and choose to follow the path of rightousness, happiness, and peace.

however........

the world today is completely unpredictable. War. Pollution. Waste. Hate. Fake personalities. Need for MORE AND MORE. Energy. Starvation. Environmental destruction. Corruption, in all forms. Greed. all leading down to a single word. Evil. Which is why we are all here....to learn and fight against the evil that sadly consumes a good portion of humanity.

This tiny little miniscule moment of time, (time being a human way to explain past, present, and future events) is a test for all of us. No matter what anyone believes. Life is not a coincidense. We are here for a reason. God may have a wrathful side, but wrathful is too generalized.

I would say strict when completely appropriate defined by God himself.

But God created us. Satan (if you will, or call him/it the idea of evil and pure hate) defines us. The battle between good and evil is the ultimate test in this three dimentional era. Before we move on to the next stage of counciousness, we must learn something first.

This topic can go on and on! But ultimately, it all comes down to finding your soul within yourself. Then, reaching out to God and being completely willing to listen to him. COMPLETELY willing. And that can sometimes take a lifetime within itself. But not for some. Honestly, being the best you can be, helping your neighbor, performing random acts of kindness, and following God can simply make all the difference from an average life, to a fulfilling life experience.

*Your not alone! I also question these things. It's natural for us to question, because we simply want to understand. I like to believe that God is speaking a little bit to you, through this message. Call me crazy, but he works in mysterious ways!

-Matt
-To sum it up, I trust in God that he will make everything right. Wrathful to counter evil, loving to cherish his children. I know there are so many evil things that go on in the world, and how can God let it happen? Because it is not God who has turned away from us. We, as the human race, have turned away from God sinse the beginning of time. Thus, we are here to learn something very important!

_Christian_
09-07-2009, 11:08 PM
Go put your hands together (very important) and worship your deity by saying a set of prayers like a mindless drone. Don't think too hard about it because questioning your faith is bad. He will be listening as he is omnipresent, he even watches you jackoff and knows all those dirty thoughts in your head. Hopefully this will provide the Lord's forgiveness and give you the comfort you've been looking for. If not, go read the bible. Here you will find great insight from those who lived at a time when the earth was a disk shaped rock at the center of our solar system. You will also learn important morals such as killing homosexuals, non-believers, children who curse their parents, those who work on the sabbath or even killing the entire town of one person who worships another god. This should be suffice in riding you of your evil until you make a mistake like eating pork or wearing clothes with mixed fibers. Hope this helps.

rehab
09-08-2009, 01:27 AM
Buddy, its not about texts, or magic unicorns. Based on your attitude, I'm not even going to try and explain it. Trust me, I've spent my whole life weighing the arguments of both sides. Guess what, the unicorn won.
So when life kicks your ass, when you stare death in the face, remember the unicorn.

Now-now, I know that the message of Christ's death and resurrection sin so that humans can spend eternity in heaven isn't being sold by(most) Christians as steak and chocolate, and unicorns. That's not my point. I do not want or intend to discuss the actual merits(or lack thereof) of the Christian faith. My point is simply that you're asking a group of people to believe in something they do not believe exists, for a reward they cannot prove they'll ever obtain.

Get it?
This subject is far from "complicated" and only those that lack any kind of common sense have trouble understanding it.

The Unicorn, Jesus, Lucifer, and the goddamn Toothfairy are all made-up, Jorgen. Please stop overdosing on advil, and try to seek the answers of life on your own. Stop thinking that life is going to kick you in your ass and that you will have no one but God to look to for answers. People should just believe whatever gives them comfort and shut the fuck up about it.

trini_gsr
09-08-2009, 08:21 AM
I struggle between trying to understand a perfect loving God, and a wrathful, vengeful God. I believe, but no one is perfect.
"Shall we go on sinning? BY NO MEANS! If you continue sinning, no sacrifice for sin is left"

I tend to lean towards a belief in a wrathful God, and even though I believe, I expect no mercy. I fully expect to be thrown into the deepest layer of hell.

Discuss.

i don't really buy into the whole hellfire thing - the whole thing smells too much like a scare tactic. and the idea of being "faithful" just to avoid punishment or God's wrath seems very juvenile to me. that's the kind of incentive kids are motivated by, not grown-ups...

but still...cause and effect is a universal law. every action has consequences. so i wouldn't be surprised if the way you live your life now could have a positive or negative bearing on your "afterlife", whatever it might be. the idea seems to be prevalent in a lot of different religions. so there's definitely something to it...

jorgen
09-08-2009, 11:44 AM
I asked a question. I did not ask to discuss whether or not you believe in a God or not.
That is a whole different topic, preferably for a different thread.

You can argue that Jesus was made up, but I would argue that whether he was or not, he still made a big impact on the world.

sport_122
09-09-2009, 01:30 AM

Discuss.

I think of it as Justice in its true form.

When discussing religious theology or lack there of, we often disregard the purpose for rule of law, punishment and redemption ,and we replace it with our politically correct and corrupted methodology.

When I think about God, I think that without justice (punishing according to the rule of law) we have a philosophical problem with the concept of an eternal transcendent God.

The very concept of wrath even as it is used to describe the burning rage of God is that it is always associated with some part of his creation acting outside of his law. Without this part of his character, the laws that he has made wold be invalidated and he would default on his covenant and the relationship between himself and his creation. This would default his godhood as he would also fail to meet some of the crucial characteristics of being a transcendent God...but this part gets pretty deep.

trini_gsr
09-10-2009, 10:17 AM
I think of it as Justice in its true form.

When discussing religious theology or lack there of, we often disregard the purpose for rule of law, punishment and redemption ,and we replace it with our politically correct and corrupted methodology.

When I think about God, I think that without justice (punishing according to the rule of law) we have a philosophical problem with the concept of an eternal transcendent God.

The very concept of wrath even as it is used to describe the burning rage of God is that it is always associated with some part of his creation acting outside of his law. Without this part of his character, the laws that he has made wold be invalidated and he would default on his covenant and the relationship between himself and his creation. This would default his godhood as he would also fail to meet some of the crucial characteristics of being a transcendent God...but this part gets pretty deep.

i don't have an issue with the judgement part. but the idea that you can live, say 70 yrs and not accept God, and as a result be thrown in hell to agonize and suffer for all eternity doesn't sound just or fair to me. it's like giving someone life in prison for jaywalking. it doesn't add up. and seems like a scare tactic to me.

ghostrida3
09-24-2009, 07:55 PM
right but those are your standards and not God's. if the law of the bible is real then it doesnt matter what our opinions are. morally humanity has been pretty fluid on right and wrong. ex: homosexuality in our culture has been look upon as "wrong" up until the last 10yrs. now it is being veiwed as accidental and ok.
i think the reason why you are stressing so much is you are worried about your salvation. and i think you maybe misinterpreting those verses.
this means by your words you will confess or deny Christ. this is what the world will be jugded upon.
meaning shall we continue to practice sin or continue in it after we have accepted Christ? Christ has provided the sacrifice for that sin. all of our past and present sins are crucified w/ him. that is why we are now dead to our sinful flesh but live by the spirit. if we were still under sin then Christ's sacrifice was not enough.
so that being said, to the original poster i would read Gods word and go by what he says is right and wrong and not your friends and family.
and also God gives us all a way out by belief in his son. who suffered for this very purpose. most would have you believe jesus existed to show us how to live a really good life. NO. Jesus took our punishments for us so that we could be reconciled w/ God, forgiven of our sin, and live eternally.
HE is like our version of the ark. the only people that survived the flood were inside the ark.
you should be able to pinpoint a time clearly in your head when you beleived in Christ and were changed.
if you cannot than it hasn't happened and maybe thats what is bothering you.
if you havent pray and ask God to help you do it. Trust me its a free gift. its not like you have to be really good and then do it. or clean up your life 1st. the 1st step is believing and then God will give you the strength to clean up your life and do great things thru you.

Spectic Tank
09-24-2009, 09:03 PM
I asked a question. I did not ask to discuss whether or not you believe in a God or not.
That is a whole different topic, preferably for a different thread.

You can argue that Jesus was made up, but I would argue that whether he was or not, he still made a big impact on the world.

That's an understatement. And I could argue whether or not his impact was positive or negative.

Starrfire
09-25-2009, 12:41 AM
You know what's great, Jorgen?

Unicorns.

In fact, unicorns are freakin' AWESOME. And you know why? Because once you accept one into your life, they provide you with a lifetime membership into the Beer, Massage, Chocolate and Steak club. Have you not heard about the beer, massage and steak club? Well, let me tell you all about it - it doesn't matter if you don't like beer, or steak, or chocolate, or massages - whichever one you like, you get 24 hours a day for the rest of your life, and if you like all four or any combination of them, well... you're in luck! Because That's what the rest of your eternity will be - massages (happy ending or not, your choice), steak cooked just the way you want it, chocolate of any sort coated in any topping (or as a topping on anything you want), and any beer ever made, always on tap and never flat.

And to get all of this, all you have to do is accept a unicorn into your life.

What? You don't believe in unicorns? Well, I assure you that they are very real! And I know this because I've accepted a unicorn into my life, and I trust that it will one day gain me admittance into the BMCS Club. How could I have accepted it into my life? Well, I just believe in them, and I trust they exist, because there are texts available to me that discuss them, as well as people available to teach me all about them. I mean, after all, with such great eternal rewards, why wouldn't you believe?

Okay, fine, don't believe in them - you're going to end up in the Pushups For Eternity club. That's where you have to do knuckle pushups on mounds of broken glass with Rush Limbaugh sitting on your back for all eternity. All because you won't accept a unicorn into your life.

Pretty silly, right? Well, my dear Christian friend, that's exactly how you sound to me.

That has to be the best post I've ever read. Seriously. + reps