PDA

View Full Version : Cars Crush Em !!! ...illegal street racers cars crushed

Mad Mike
09-07-2009, 10:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zadq9usA2SQ&feature=popt02us0c

:eek:watch it yank the motors out. WOW Awesome to watch but damn those were some nice rides.

Mista Foe-Doe
09-07-2009, 10:36 AM
dam that sucks

Barefoot
09-07-2009, 11:19 AM
sux for somebody.

Vteckidd
09-07-2009, 11:23 AM
dont have stolen engines and transmission in your car and this wont happen

Barefoot
09-07-2009, 11:27 AM
dont have stolen engines and transmission in your car and this wont happenor just dont street race in ontario ca

BobbyFresco
09-07-2009, 11:50 AM
It's fucked up, is what it is.

TicketRedBB6
09-07-2009, 12:10 PM
Seems like they could have sold the parts and made some sort of extra revenue for the city, police, junk yard, somethin besides totalling them. Hell, they could have even sold the parts and given the money to a local school or hospital. Fucking waste.

Vteckidd
09-07-2009, 01:04 PM
The cars weren't crushed for street racing they were crushed because they had stolen engines and transmissions in them after they were caught street racing.

j0nbunklah0m
09-07-2009, 01:28 PM
Seems like they could have sold the parts and made some sort of extra revenue for the city, police, junk yard, somethin besides totalling them. Hell, they could have even sold the parts and given the money to a local school or hospital. Fucking waste.

exactly what i was thinkin.

wrekonize
09-07-2009, 01:32 PM
:no:

damn that sucked

Pikachu
09-07-2009, 02:16 PM
O GOD NOOO :cry:

Vteckidd
09-07-2009, 02:32 PM

Not really, they arent in the business of reselling used/stolen parts. Its not that simple.

Theres too much liability and the laws call for its destruction or storage its not to be resold.

Imagine your 99 Integra GSR gets stolen and stripped. You have full coverage. Insurance pays you out $5000 for the car and you move on. Suppose the thieves put your motor swap in their EG Hatchback. They get busted for street racing and the cops figure out that the 99 GSR that was stolen, that swap is in their car. They impound the car.

They cant simply turn around and sell the swap to raise money

TicketRedBB6
09-07-2009, 02:39 PM
Not really, they arent in the business of reselling used/stolen parts. Its not that simple.

Theres too much liability and the laws call for its destruction or storage its not to be resold.

Imagine your 99 Integra GSR gets stolen and stripped. You have full coverage. Insurance pays you out $5000 for the car and you move on. Suppose the thieves put your motor swap in their EG Hatchback. They get busted for street racing and the cops figure out that the 99 GSR that was stolen, that swap is in their car. They impound the car.

They cant simply turn around and sell the swap to raise money
I understand that nothing is as cut and dry as simply selling the parts, but I wish there was something they could rather than destroy them. I dont necessarily mean the stolen parts. I agree with you 100% on the liability of selling stolen parts, but surely not all of those parts were stolen. I mainly meant rims, fog lights, interior pieces, etc. in my post. If its all stolen then that's a different story.

Vteckidd
09-07-2009, 02:42 PM
the problem is they would have to have a special division with special employees with special access to determine the value of the parts, resell them then deal with all the red tape, paperwork, etc etc etc etc.

they would lose money, i guarantee it lol

But i see what you are saying, i wish they would just Auction it all off, fuck it, Cali is so broke it could use whatever revenue they can find. But i think its more of a message to the street racers, traffic in stolen parts, an illegal racing, we crush your shit

Vteckidd
09-07-2009, 02:44 PM
There was an article one time in Honda Tuning i think where they interviewed several task forces who deal with tracking down street racers and stolen parts.

One of them was a place out in Mesa AZ. Every stolen motor they find they send to this storage facility out in the desert. They had a picture of 20 Type-R Swaps, 20 GSRs, b16s etc just sitting collecting dirt and rotting in the sun. They asked the officers if they knew they had like $100,000 in parts sitting there they could sell, and the officers said due to insurance laws and state law, the property sits unclaimed for a number of years before it is destroyed.

ls-r teg
09-07-2009, 03:15 PM
i shed a tear

Bigt8aford
09-07-2009, 07:05 PM
That's just our country for you. It looked, in the video, that they were playing it off like the cops did something good. But all they did was make room for more stuff to get stolen. Its a lose lose situation.

dustinkelley
09-07-2009, 09:10 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO more stealing! Fuck them theives still, they deserve to get what they spent taken. At least they are doing somethin about it...BUT, couldnt they just find the OG owner and give them their shit back if it wasnt paid for by the insurance company already?

Bus Driver J
09-07-2009, 09:26 PM
Honestly, I found that hilarious.

Its a message to anyone who is involved in theft and in street racing. "Dont Do It"

Barefoot
09-07-2009, 10:49 PM
The cars weren't crushed for street racing they were crushed because they had stolen engines and transmissions in them after they were caught street racing.no where in the vid it say stolen. just street racing.

GSRtegŪ
09-07-2009, 11:02 PM
Ain't that a bitch :2up:

Leadfoot_mf
09-08-2009, 11:52 AM
yeah no point in trying to return the motors and trans to proper owners or insurance companies that paid out on them, fucking stupid

Leadfoot_mf
09-08-2009, 11:53 AM
the problem is they would have to have a special division with special employees with special access to determine the value of the parts, resell them then deal with all the red tape, paperwork, etc etc etc etc.

they would lose money, i guarantee it lol

But i see what you are saying, i wish they would just Auction it all off, fuck it, Cali is so broke it could use whatever revenue they can find. But i think its more of a message to the street racers, traffic in stolen parts, an illegal racing, we crush your shithow would they loose money if the stolen car business is so profitable?

umairejaz
09-08-2009, 12:18 PM
Is it wrong that I chuckled?

87 Turbo II
09-08-2009, 10:59 PM
Wow all of them were hondas too. Why do you Honda owners have all of the theives in your community?

SilverSurfer
09-17-2009, 08:38 AM
pulling the motors out is like pulling your permanent teeth out ouch!!

Nemesis
09-17-2009, 03:37 PM
haha thats funny as haillll

THEONE
09-17-2009, 09:36 PM
what a waste, i dont think they should have the right to crush someones car like that.take thier liscense or make them pay a huge fine they wont forget but to crush those cars is not cool at all. kinda pissed me off a little watchin the video.

slostang
09-17-2009, 11:35 PM
no where in the vid it say stolen. just street racing.

read the info. it does...