PDA

View Full Version : Food R. Thomas.......

gtikid
09-07-2009, 01:46 AM
BLOWS....

I took another member's suggestion to try out R. Thomas since he made it sound like they had the most amazing wings in Atlanta. :no: The environment was cool as shit and pretty hippiesh...but the food was way too over-priced and I could of made those wings at home by myself. 5 wings was $10, and an order of fries, which is just chopped up potatoes half-way mashed, was another $5. So in total with tip, I ended up out $20 for 5 wings and sliced and diced potatoes. You can stay at home and make the SAME food yourself for less than half the price

cjhutch
09-07-2009, 09:12 AM
In general I stay away from places like that. It's one of those go to be seen places. $10 for 5 wings is crazy though.

punkr6
09-07-2009, 09:14 AM
I tried that place once..ONCE.

gtikid
09-07-2009, 12:33 PM
In general I stay away from places like that. It's one of those go to be seen places. $10 for 5 wings is crazy though.

$10 for 5 wings and another $5 for "fries" is beyond crazy

I tried that place once..ONCE.

Same here. Once and never again. Huge let down

ShooterMcGavin
09-09-2009, 05:45 PM
never even heard of it...

BIG WORM
10-01-2009, 02:13 AM
But when you live downtown, and all you want to do is eat somewhere that has parking at 4am, R. Thomas is the place to go....always open 24 Hours.

Supply and Demand type deal, not too many Waffle Houses in the city.

....and remember even Walmart shuts down at night in the city. Not too many other choices..

CasadeWaffle
10-01-2009, 02:57 AM
I've been there once when I was 17. Have not, and will never go back.

browningboy7
10-01-2009, 03:09 AM
Shoulda gone to JR Crickets.

punkr6
10-01-2009, 04:24 AM
Shoulda gone to JR Crickets.

Their wings are good, but too small...

browningboy7
10-01-2009, 04:28 AM
Their wings are good, but too small...

I dunno if I have ever been in there when I was sober enough to see...So it doesn't bother me. :lmfao:

Member31410
10-01-2009, 06:45 AM
Like what Psycho said here (http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187081), a waitress there stole some of the money we left for our bill. After we got on her, she "found" some of the money but it wasn't all of it. We had to foot some more money for our bill.

WickedIXMR
10-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Like what Psycho said here (http://www.importatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=187081), a waitress there stole some of the money we left for our bill. After we got on her, she "found" some of the money but it wasn't all of it. We had to foot some more money for our bill.
Yup. The worst restaurant experience of my life! I'm suprised it's still even in business.

CarsIsMyLife
11-05-2009, 02:41 PM
wingnuts ftw!

MR2DR
11-06-2009, 10:52 AM
wingnuts ftw!

QFT and +rep for this being your first post.

too bad Tech is taking it out by May 2010.

sleepys4
11-12-2009, 01:34 AM
The food isn't bad, just different. Its the healthiest place you can eat downtown 24hrs. I personally think the wings are okay. The breakfast is good also!

GTScoob
11-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Wow, I'm tryin to understand why you would go to R.Thomas for their wings? The food is incredible if you're willing to venture out and try something you've never had before. It's all really healthy with lots of vegan/vegetarian options and the best chai latte in town.

Great food if you're up late and dont want Waffle House or Taco Bell shits the next morning. Their coconut pasta bowl is orgasmic in your mouth.

gtikid
11-12-2009, 01:03 PM
Wow, I'm tryin to understand why you would go to R.Thomas for their wings? The food is incredible if you're willing to venture out and try something you've never had before. It's all really healthy with lots of vegan/vegetarian options and the best chai latte in town.

Great food if you're up late and dont want Waffle House or Taco Bell shits the next morning. Their coconut pasta bowl is orgasmic in your mouth.

Willing to venture out and pay a grip on a fucking egg sandwich. Come on man, $8 for a fucking breakfast egg and cheese sandwich? That's beyond stupid. I can make it at home and spare myself having to tip some hippie for carrying my food to me

GTScoob
11-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Solution, order something that you cant make at home. Try some tofu, quinoa, risotto, maybe something with flax seed in it.

An egg sandwich is not being an adventurous eater.

BIG WORM
11-12-2009, 08:44 PM
Willing to venture out and pay a grip on a fucking egg sandwich. Come on man, $8 for a fucking breakfast egg and cheese sandwich? That's beyond stupid. I can make it at home and spare myself having to tip some hippie for carrying my food to me

Obviously you are from the 'burbs...as you can see that everyone that actually lives in the city will vouch for this place. Considering the only options past 3 am are...R. Thomas, Taco Cabana, The Majestic Dinner...and of course Mickey D's-Maybe you should stick to the last one...