PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos..

On_Her_Face
09-06-2009, 03:05 PM
So whenever I am out and about I tend to notice people with tattoos (who doesn't?). Yesterday when I was driving to Atlanta I stopped in Chattanooga and there was a female, semi attractive, that had full sleeves. As I was leaning on my pimp ass rsx-s, I was checking out and looking at her tattoos. She then came up to me and asked why I was staring at her blah blah blah. I told her I was just "admiring her artwork" then, she started to tell me stories of why she got them blah blah blah.

What I am curious about is... Do you consider it rude to stare or look at a random person's tattoos while in public?

BobbyFresco
09-06-2009, 03:20 PM
I think staring can be interpreted as rude behavior, as the person being stared at has no clue why you're doing it.

I've been guilty of staring at an attractive female with significant amounts of body art simply because I find that to be very attractive.

americanctm
09-06-2009, 04:28 PM
i voted yes but i meant no. Someone gets artwork on their body it isn't rude to look at it, especially if its on an attractive female. Billy i wanna see this pimp ass rxs-s dude :lmfao:

punkr6
09-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Coming from someone that is almost completly covered in tattoos, I can tell ya that its just normal for people to stare. I have become so used to it that I hardly even notice anymore.

IndianStig
09-06-2009, 04:51 PM
not rude at all. just be sure to compliment them if they look back at you or notice you staring.

Julio
09-06-2009, 07:14 PM
Is a great ice breaker...

Did you get her number ?

The Ninja
09-06-2009, 07:21 PM
not rude at all. just be sure to compliment them if they look back at you or notice you staring.

Exactly.

OG-Skinny
09-06-2009, 07:25 PM
I think staring can be interpreted as rude behavior, as the person being stared at has no clue why you're doing it.

I've been guilty of staring at an attractive female with significant amounts of body art simply because I find that to be very attractive.

I find it NOT rude at all to stare at your sig. :boobies:

Mr. Clean
09-06-2009, 07:34 PM
nah you can stare. as long as you say something if they notice you staring... then you're the guy that just blasts folks with the creepy eye lol.

amandDA
09-06-2009, 07:38 PM
i vote no... if it looks cool of course its going to catch your eye. its there fault they put it where your eyes can see it.. imo

roxie911
09-06-2009, 07:54 PM
I think if someone covered in tattoos is offended by staring, then they shouldn't have gotten them in the first place.

Coming from someone that is almost completly covered in tattoos, I can tell ya that its just normal for people to stare. I have become so used to it that I hardly even notice anymore.

I'm not sure if it's just because of how small your picture is, but you remind me so much of Bones DeLarge from Lower Class Brats.....(if you even know who that is LOL).

Kasper
09-06-2009, 10:32 PM
i actually had a girl at a bar last night that was all tatted up.. she was the hot skater type chick.. and damn. she was a knock out.. she saw me looken and asked me if id like to see some of the other ones! she had a nice rubber ducky on her ass cheek!!

Tech_Queen
09-06-2009, 10:33 PM
I don't find it rude at all if someone is staring at my tattoos. I got them on my body for a reason and there is a story behind everyone. I would not have gotten them if I was worried about people looking/staring at them. There are plenty of places on the body that you can get tattoos if you want them to be easily hidden.

The Ninja
09-06-2009, 10:33 PM
I think if someone covered in tattoos is offended by staring, then they shouldn't have gotten them in the first place.

They didn't get the tattoos to be the center of your attention. They got their tattoos for them, so they have every right to get offended if you stare and stare and stare and don't say anything. Sure, they might assume you were looking at their tats, but they can't read minds.

:goodjob:

punkr6
09-06-2009, 10:34 PM

I'm not sure if it's just because of how small your picture is, but you remind me so much of Bones DeLarge from Lower Class Brats.....(if you even know who that is LOL).

I agree, It doesn't really bother me . But their are a lot of people that it does. I think those people just have a chip on their shoulder and are looking for a reason to get upset anyhow...

b@d @pple
09-06-2009, 10:36 PM
yea im heavily tattooed and i get looks all day everyday..doesnt really bother me..

roxie911
09-06-2009, 10:50 PM
They didn't get the tattoos to be the center of your attention. They got their tattoos for them, so they have every right to get offended if you stare and stare and stare and don't say anything. Sure, they might assume you were looking at their tats, but they can't read minds.

True, but the fact of the matter is that if you get a tattoo where about 95% of the time it's gonna be exposed, you'd better be prepared for some looks. If they don't like stares, then they should've thought about that before they got the tattoo. I'm not saying they have no right to be offended, I'm just saying they should at least realize that people are gonna look.

jmmx258
09-06-2009, 10:54 PM
True, but the fact of the matter is that if you get a tattoo where about 95% of the time it's gonna be exposed, you'd better be prepared for some looks. If they don't like stares, then they should've thought about that before they got the tattoo. I'm not saying they have no right to be offended, I'm just saying they should at least realize that people are gonna look.
Gah, I hate to agree with you, but its truth, almost.

However, they do infact have NO right to be offended. If they're so worried about people looking at them, then they shouldn't have visible tattoo's

Evil Goat
09-06-2009, 11:28 PM
i dont really have many you can see other than my forearm....the majority of the stares i get are from the older crowd, which is to be expected i guess....but i could careless, i do my own thing so it doesnt bother me whats running through their head

jmmx258
09-06-2009, 11:33 PM
I'm rather arrogant, in my ways. If I feel like there's somethings bothering me, I'm not shy to let it be known.

Now, I've only got 4 tattoo's, and I even get stares then. What really got people staring, was middle of summer motocross races, when I'd walk around with my 7/8 gauges, 3 eyebrow piercings, 2 tongue piercings, and nipples pierced. Along with a tat on my stomach and back

That was the time I got most of my dumb looks. Never bothered me, I knew why they were staring.

Basically, if you've got any kind of visual body modification, then you really have no reason in hell, to be offended.

ALVIN
09-07-2009, 09:48 AM
why get a tattoo if you dont want people to see it? Tattoos are one of two things. Artwork that you like or artwork that has deep rooted meaning for you. Either way you want to show people that: a. this means a lot to me so check it out, or b. this is badass artwork so check it out.

I love my tattoos and love when they get recognition.

ALVIN
09-07-2009, 09:54 AM

Serious? read my previous post. People that have tattoos for themselves or otherwise cannot in any single way get offended by others looking. It is like the fucking Mona Lisa. DaVinci painted the Mona Lisa for others to enjoy his artwork. It didn't matter if he painted her for himself or for something else. It is there, it is being seen, and it is being enjoyed.

Like i said. I love the recognition (good or bad) that my tattoos get. It laughable when its bad recognition. Regardless of the kind It makes me feel good that others are enjoying what I put hard work into.

Tasuki_Civic
09-07-2009, 10:05 PM

agreed.... if they didnt want pple to look then they would wear something so that pple could not see them.

Tasuki_Civic
09-07-2009, 10:11 PM

i think your wrong sugar biscuit....

I have more than several tatts that i have gotten for me and me only. They are all strategically placed for me to see them. And half of them are places where others can see. I dont mind pple looking or staring bc i know its there to be seen ..lol (and i know im fine ass hell ;)) so its whateva. Anyone who has tatts where others can see should automatically know you will get looked at...so get over it cause its not considered rude anymore unless it obviously does not pertain to your tatts. Even then?! Fuck'em and do you.....

02SloWrx
09-07-2009, 10:57 PM
not rude at all. If I had tats I would want ppl to look lol.

FasTech
09-08-2009, 02:31 AM
Did you pull teh digits?! LOL.

Sammich
09-08-2009, 09:16 AM
its only rude if u stare at her tits and dont give her a thumbs up

Crazy Asian
09-08-2009, 09:19 AM
I would love to get a tattoo and show it but for my profession and life choice it's not possible.

quickdodgeŽ
09-08-2009, 09:23 AM
Serious? read my previous post. People that have tattoos for themselves or otherwise cannot in any single way get offended by others looking. It is like the fucking Mona Lisa. DaVinci painted the Mona Lisa for others to enjoy his artwork. It didn't matter if he painted her for himself or for something else. It is there, it is being seen, and it is being enjoyed.

Like i said. I love the recognition (good or bad) that my tattoos get. It laughable when its bad recognition. Regardless of the kind It makes me feel good that others are enjoying what I put hard work into.

I wish I could afford you, lolol.

I forgot about mine that I need to get finished.

But I agree to a high extent that tats are put on for other people to see as well as for your own gratification. A lot of people also get them for their own memories. Later, QD.