PDA

View Full Version : Misc So I picked up a Pit bull a few days ago...

NVEOUS
09-04-2009, 07:09 PM
And there were a few people that wanted me to keep them updated on his health and how he was doing.

Bruiser is a 6 month old (I'm told) purebread pit bull. He is currently in a cage for 20 + hours, has gone days without food, and constantly yelled at for being the hyper puppy that he is. He has never shown signs of agression, and is very sweet and loving. I have finally gotten his owner to 'allow' me to find him a wonderful home for him. We think he has worms and has never had his shots, please help me save him from where he is at now. I live in an appartment and with three other small animals and cannot take him or I would have. If you can take him for free or know of a no kill shelter that could help, please let me know.

Well after reading all of this I decided that I would help these people out and take him from the bad home he was at.

This is what he looked like before I picked him up. (Not very good pictures but its all they could get.)
http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu347/r0me0_20/dog.jpg
http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu347/r0me0_20/dog2.jpg

When I picked him up from Bryan (Riceboy891) and Kristen (his girlfriend) He was very unhealthy and in bad shape. I could touch my fingers together through his stomach. I could see ALL of his ribs. He still had most of his baby teeth as well. He had dandruff all over him and his skin was not so great.

Now I have only had him for two days and he looks SO much healtier to me. He actually has some weight to him now instead of being all skin and bones. I actually think he is only about 4 months old though. But I haven't taken him to the bet yet to get checked out. That will be done in the near future.

I have been feeding him 3 times a day (Morning, Noon, and Night) Each serving of food with a raw egg cracked over the top of it. ( To help his skin. Will also make his coat shiny and softer.) He gets to play outside while I am at work and gets the attention he needs.

This is him now only after 2 days with me:

http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu347/r0me0_20/bruiser008.jpg
http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu347/r0me0_20/bruiser007.jpg
http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu347/r0me0_20/bruiser006.jpg
http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu347/r0me0_20/bruiser005.jpg
http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu347/r0me0_20/bruiser004.jpg
http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu347/r0me0_20/bruiser003.jpg
http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu347/r0me0_20/bruiser002.jpg
http://i662.photobucket.com/albums/uu347/r0me0_20/bruiser001.jpg

I was very suprised at how well he behaved in the car on the way home. He sat in my passenger seat and just wanted me to pet him. All he wanted was attention from someone. Anytime I would move my hand away from him he would imidiately begin to look for it.

Well I stopped by my friends house to pick up a few things and took him inside to play and what not. I gave him a bowl of food and he ate the entire bowl within 2 minutes of me setting it down for him. Its like he hadn't eaten in weeks. So i gave him another bowl after that and some water to wash it down with. I played with him for about 2 hours and he lost 4 or 5 of his baby teeth.

But I just wanted to show you guys what I have been up to the past few days and to see what everyone thought about him. I became very attached to this little guy from the moment I picked him up and I also feel very good about what I did for him. I do not plan to be getting rid of him anytime soon.

Let me know what you guys think. Also if anyone knows of any way to get papers on him please let me know so I can get him documented. Any info will be greatly appreciated.

ueyedgr8tness
09-04-2009, 07:13 PM
wow he a cutie.

02SloWrx
09-04-2009, 07:13 PM
That is really nice of you. I might be getting puppy my self this weekend.

NVEOUS
09-04-2009, 07:23 PM
wow he a cutie.
Thanks man

That is really nice of you. I might be getting puppy my self this weekend.
What you going to be getting??

02SloWrx
09-04-2009, 07:24 PM
husky hopefully.

Chuckster
09-04-2009, 07:24 PM
Awesome dude! Brandi wanted us to pick him up. But we just do not have the time for another dog right now. Especially with ours having so many allergies. Glad someone picked him up and is taking great care of him. Reps homie!

NVEOUS
09-04-2009, 07:38 PM
husky hopefully.
I've got two of those already lol

Awesome dude! Brandi wanted us to pick him up. But we just do not have the time for another dog right now. Especially with ours having so many allergies. Glad someone picked him up and is taking great care of him. Reps homie!
Thanks man. Returned!!

lanning
09-04-2009, 07:39 PM
reps for giving teh dogie a good home sir

NVEOUS
09-04-2009, 07:48 PM
reps for giving teh dogie a good home sir
Right back at ya man. How have you been?? Long time since i've been in the record thread.

jmmx258
09-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Careul with feeding him to much at one time. Our neighbor over fed their dog, and he laid down, and his stomach actually flipped over, killing him.

Stating from feeding hime a 2nd bowl at your friends.

Very nice dog, we have 7 dogs. Glad to see somebody is taking care of him! reps

NVEOUS
09-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Careul with feeding him to much at one time. Our neighbor over fed their dog, and he laid down, and his stomach actually flipped over, killing him.

Stating from feeding hime a 2nd bowl at your friends.

Very nice dog, we have 7 dogs. Glad to see somebody is taking care of him! reps
Oh yeah i know about that. But They were small bowls of food. Not two huge bowls of food. Only about a cup and a half at a time.

americanctm
09-04-2009, 07:57 PM
Beautiful dog, very cool of you to take him in and give him a good home. The shots he'll get will run you a pretty penny. And i give my dog low fat yogurt (vanilla or regular) for his skin and coat. That might be a bit healthier than raw eggs. A vet office will probably be able to help you out with how to go about documenting him. Good luck

NVEOUS
09-04-2009, 08:02 PM
Beautiful dog, very cool of you to take him in and give him a good home. The shots he'll get will run you a pretty penny. And i give my dog low fat yogurt (vanilla or regular) for his skin and coat. That might be a bit healthier than raw eggs. A vet office will probably be able to help you out with how to go about documenting him. Good luck
Thanks for the info man. Reps to you for that.

0p7!mu5
09-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Cute pit. I actually just recently got two (well sort of). It's a mother and daughter the mom barely a year old and is a full blooded red nose. THe puppy is half german shepard. I gave te mom to my roomate and kept the puppy. Both are as sweet as can be! Lady (the mom) will jump in your lap and put her head on you for you to pet her and Scrappy ( the puppy) is just as playful as can be. Both listen very well to directions so much so that when we have em in the back yard they really dont need leashes they listen to voice commands and dont leave our sight. Unfortunately both of em got fleas at the moment and Scrappy has em pretty bad. I wish you the best of luck with them man Scrappy is about the same (actually closer to 6 months) and they really are good dogs. I kinda feel bad that pits get sucha bad rep. Take care of him lemme know if ya wanna breed!

oneSLOWex
09-04-2009, 08:10 PM
thats awesome man! good to see him go to a good home!!

NVEOUS
09-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Cute pit. I actually just recently got two (well sort of). It's a mother and daughter the mom barely a year old and is a full blooded red nose. THe puppy is half german shepard. I gave te mom to my roomate and kept the puppy. Both are as sweet as can be! Lady (the mom) will jump in your lap and put her head on you for you to pet her and Scrappy ( the puppy) is just as playful as can be. Both listen very well to directions so much so that when we have em in the back yard they really dont need leashes they listen to voice commands and dont leave our sight. Unfortunately both of em got fleas at the moment and Scrappy has em pretty bad. I wish you the best of luck with them man Scrappy is about the same (actually closer to 6 months) and they really are good dogs. I kinda feel bad that pits get sucha bad rep. Take care of him lemme know if ya wanna breed!

I know man. I've told some people about him and they ask if I have kids??? I mean not all pits are mean. It all depends on how you raise your dogs. It sucks how they have a bad rep but Bruiser is as sweet as can be and just wants to be a lap dog lol

0p7!mu5
09-04-2009, 08:23 PM
I hear that Scrappy cant get the hell out my lap when we let her out the crate. She jump off the chair (or anything else) into my lap and lick me todeath and just lay in my lap til she feels like playing. And they get along with other dogs so well to like my mom's 9 year old dog (a shepard collie mix) was over for a week and there were no problems at all! Its true it's all in how you raise them. They bark at people they dont recognize but past that they'll more than likely lick you and lean on you ro death.

0p7!mu5
09-04-2009, 08:26 PM
Here are the pics of em.

NVEOUS
09-04-2009, 08:27 PM
I hear that Scrappy cant get the hell out my lap when we let her out the crate. She jump off the chair (or anything else) into my lap and lick me todeath and just lay in my lap til she feels like playing. And they get along with other dogs so well to like my mom's 9 year old dog (a shepard collie mix) was over for a week and there were no problems at all! Its true it's all in how you raise them. They bark at people they dont recognize but past that they'll more than likely lick you and lean on you ro death.
Exactly man. He licks me all the time. He is skidish at night when I come up to him he's not sure who i am till i get closer where he can see me. But he seems very protective of me. And whats an even bigger plus is that my husky doesn't seem to not like him. Normally with other male dogs he will growl and get all pissed off. But with Bruiser he's not that way. It suprised me. So I think it will all work out once I get my own place again.

NVEOUS
09-04-2009, 08:27 PM
Here are the pics of em.
The black one must be Scrappy. She's adorable man!

0p7!mu5
09-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Yeah that her all right...

punkr6
09-04-2009, 09:25 PM
reps man, you did a great thing here...

Riceboy891
09-04-2009, 11:37 PM
Glad to hear its working out

Riceboy891
09-04-2009, 11:47 PM
When I picked him up from Bryan (Riceboy891) and Kristen (his girlfriend) He was very unhealthy and in bad shape. I could touch my fingers together through his stomach. I could see ALL of his ribs. He still had most of his baby teeth as well. He had dandruff all over him and his skin was not so great.

Just to clarify for everyone I was not the one mistreating this puppy, We rescued him from his owner and found him a good home with NVEOUS.

Sorry, that just sounded like i was the one neglecting him. wanted to make sure i wasnt gonna get jumped on. lol :rolleyes:

NVEOUS
09-05-2009, 06:13 AM

Just to clarify for everyone I was not the one mistreating this puppy, We rescued him from his owner and found him a good home with NVEOUS.

Sorry, that just sounded like i was the one neglecting him. wanted to make sure i wasnt gonna get jumped on. lol :rolleyes:

LOL i didn't even think about that when i wrote it. It came out all wrong. Sorry about that. :(

Riceboy891
09-05-2009, 09:27 AM
It's all good man

0p7!mu5
09-05-2009, 12:01 PM
yeah at first I was like WTF call out! good thing you rescued the dog.

D3UC3S
09-05-2009, 01:01 PM
Glad to see this puppy found a good home!

I followed this for a minute when riceboy was trying to find him a home....plus 14 for you!!!!:goodjob: