PDA

View Full Version : audio for the mustang.. have 460mach stock system..

bimmergirrl
09-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Hey My stock system is messing up.. Vol keeps running all the way up so its time to upgrade. It has the stock 460 mach sound system(1 10Inch sub).

Anyone have a good system tht i should geT? Ill have $200 to spend. I want ipod hookups and CD player of course. lol

:)

MachNU
09-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Hey My stock system is messing up.. Vol keeps running all the way up so its time to upgrade. It has the stock 460 mach sound system(1 10Inch sub).

Anyone have a good system tht i should geT? Ill have $200 to spend. I want ipod hookups and CD player of course. lol

:)

ait wait wait...you have 1 10" sub? um...thats not possible for the mach 460 set-up. Its only the head unit, tweeters and interior speakers. Only the Mach 1000 system has subs and thats 2 10"s with 4 small amps hanging between them.

Also just replace the headunit the 460 is the great factory system, except to the 1000. Plus anything past there and your adding weight to a already heavy car. ON TOP OF, from the way the rear deck is designed and mounted in the truck its hard to find speaker boxes the right size to fit into the trunk.

bimmergirrl
09-04-2009, 12:39 PM
Word.

Well the tweeters in the front next to the side view mirror say 460 mach something but in the truck theres 2 amps and a big black box on the top part of the trunk. I def know something is beating good in there. lol

So ill just change the headunit. What sounds good and works great with the stock speakers?
Thankyou!!
Melanie

MachNU
09-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Word.

Well the tweeters in the front next to the side view mirror say 460 mach something but in the truck theres 2 amps and a big black box on the top part of the trunk. I def know something is beating good in there. lol

So ill just change the headunit. What sounds good and works great with the stock speakers?
Thankyou!!
Melanie

I still dont see why you would want to change the headunit, the factory headunit is awesome!

Look at this page and scroll half way down shows a picture of what the truck set up is like for the Mach 1000.

http://www.flemworld.com/Mach460/Mach.html

bimmergirrl
09-06-2009, 02:33 PM
I still dont see why you would want to change the headunit, the factory headunit is awesome!

Look at this page and scroll half way down shows a picture of what the truck set up is like for the Mach 1000.

http://www.flemworld.com/Mach460/Mach.html

Yeah i really want to keep it! I love it but it started shorting out? Volume is going sky high and wont respond... its wierd lol.

MachNU
09-06-2009, 03:18 PM
Yeah i really want to keep it! I love it but it started shorting out? Volume is going sky high and wont respond... its wierd lol.

replace it then. Much easier than doing a full system. Aftermarket speakers will not work with the factory headunit without ALOT of work and wiring. Plus if you do have a 1000 system than you would be just wasting money if you try to replace the whole system!

bimmergirrl
09-07-2009, 08:54 AM
Thats what im saying though.. lol
I wanna keep the speakers/subs..
Just replace headunit..

MachNU
09-07-2009, 10:52 AM
Thats what im saying though.. lol
I wanna keep the speakers/subs..
Just replace headunit..

ah from your first post you said you wanted ipod hook-ups and such. so that you where looking for an aftermarket unit. get a new factory one, and I cant remember the name of the company but they make a wiring harness for the back of the 460 headunit that will let you play ipods.

bimmergirrl
09-08-2009, 09:42 AM
What do you have in your mustang?

lovinmydodge
09-08-2009, 11:29 AM
just a little fyi. The system has a factory amp. Meaning if you replace the factory HU you will get 0 sound thru your factory system. You have to hard wire your entire ride. You have to bypass the factory amps and hardwire the hu to the speakers. And you would be better off gutting the factory system and getting something way better. 200 dollars tho is not enough to get even a decent HU... just a little fyi. but look and see what you can find for the hu. then expect about another 30 for a dash kit and wiring harness. but you still have to bypass the factory amps. sry but thats why factory premium systems are a failed idea. because inorder to build on them or replace parts you have to do a total system overhaul. pm me if you have any questions!

MachNU
09-08-2009, 08:57 PM
What do you have in your mustang?

had you mean. in my gt, and mach i left the factory system. it was good enough. only thing i ever did was add the ipod attachment!

just a little fyi. The system has a factory amp. Meaning if you replace the factory HU you will get 0 sound thru your factory system. You have to hard wire your entire ride. You have to bypass the factory amps and hardwire the hu to the speakers. And you would be better off gutting the factory system and getting something way better. 200 dollars tho is not enough to get even a decent HU... just a little fyi. but look and see what you can find for the hu. then expect about another 30 for a dash kit and wiring harness. but you still have to bypass the factory amps. sry but thats why factory premium systems are a failed idea. because inorder to build on them or replace parts you have to do a total system overhaul. pm me if you have any questions!

um....no....there have been ALOT of people with the 1000 system to replace the rear deck speakers and door speakers after being blown. Just takes added wiring!

lovinmydodge
09-13-2009, 08:32 AM
ummm no..... I was saying adding an aftermarket head unit not the speakers. If you add the aftermarket hu then your factory amps will no longer be of any use. because the factory hu uses no amplified signal processing. Then basicly sends signal to the amps to be processed and sent to the factory speakers. If you add an aftermarket hu then you will no longer be able to use the factory amps. now replacing the stock speakers with AM speakers then yes you may have to run a little wire or you can look for wiring adapters but still...

lovinmydodge
09-13-2009, 08:34 AM
edit I see when I posted " replacing parts you will end up having to do a total system overhaul" I meant it in terms of the HU. thats all. but yes if you replace the factory hu with an am hu you have to " hardwire" or run wire to the speakers from the hu. thats all

big99miketma
09-13-2009, 10:02 AM
NO

b@d @pple
09-13-2009, 10:20 AM
no

hybrid90accord
09-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Just buy the mach 460 integration harness just make sure the head unit has front and rear outputs because the metra 460 harness uses rca inputs. Then makes sure to use a resistor in line with the amp turn on wire(blue/white)because ford uses a 5volt remote turn on and if you use a regular 12v turn on it will thump when you turn the car on.

lovinmydodge
09-14-2009, 09:39 PM
really you mean you are able to use an aftermarket with a factory hu? that usually never works EVER.... in all the cars I've done a HU swap if there is a factory amp you have to bypass it!

b@d @pple
09-15-2009, 12:36 AM
really you mean you are able to use an aftermarket with a factory hu? that usually never works EVER.... in all the cars I've done a HU swap if there is a factory amp you have to bypass it!

THATS BECAUSE YOU DONT KNOW WHAT YOURE TALKING ABOUT..

lovinmydodge
09-15-2009, 03:22 PM
well geezzz I'm sorry in the countless of factory hu installs with premium sound systems I've never came across the ability to tie in a factory secondary amp to an aftermarket hu.

hybrid90accord
09-15-2009, 05:19 PM
well geezzz I'm sorry in the countless of factory hu installs with premium sound systems I've never came across the ability to tie in a factory secondary amp to an aftermarket hu.

Most factory amplifiers like bose, jbl, harmon kardon, mach. monsoon, mark levingston(however u spell it) can be intregrated to work with aftermarket radios, just gotta know how to do so and how the factory amps work.

hybrid90accord
09-15-2009, 05:24 PM
The only time i completely bypass is if the person asks for it, or if the factory amp is blown, or if im doing a full system(2 or 3 amps, 2 or 3 way components etc) where the factory amp does alot of EQ'ing that i dont wanna use so ill either catch the low level signal before the factory amp and use a intregration module like a audison bitone, jl clean sweep or rockford 360.2 to clean up the signal then get everything dialed in then shoot a flat signal to the amps and eq from there.