PDA

View Full Version : Legal Question<------

Austin?
09-02-2009, 05:44 PM
So i had sold a car to the dude, right. For the sum xx,xxx amount but he didn't have enough money at the time. He promise me that he will pay me the following week when he get his check. I gave him the title and the car but a week lata he won't answer my car/text or email. On the bill of sale stated "buyer owe seller a sum of xxx.xxx"

the question is>> Can i go get my car back with my bill of sale?:???:

chaseamundo
09-02-2009, 05:51 PM
oh shit....

...shit

Austin?
09-02-2009, 05:56 PM
can i legally come and pick up my car at his house or where ever he's at?
(like: movie, TGI friday, petco, parks, or at the gas station.)

mr.koupe
09-02-2009, 06:00 PM
I'd call the cops first to make sure its ok don't just go do some shady business. Text him you are going to call the cops unless he responds

wrekonize
09-02-2009, 06:01 PM
if he never switched to title to his name then car is still legally in your name then technically its still yours...so you can go pick it up but call the dmv to see if its still under your name.....

RoyalPurple
09-02-2009, 06:02 PM
Lol, you're pretty much fucked. I wouldn't even let him touch the keys til I see he has the full money in hand. Or I'd sell it and he doesn't get the title til you get the full amount of money. That bill of sale won't help you out much. He has the title, its his car.

Austin?
09-02-2009, 06:13 PM
you can't trust anybody these day

Austin?
09-02-2009, 06:14 PM
it was a craigslist deal.
i wish i had sold it on IA so i can call him out.

Barefoot
09-02-2009, 06:23 PM
id just report it stolen. if he wants to play that game. simple short and sweet. u get your car back, he cant change the title over hes just fucked.

Truegiant
09-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Go to the madgistrate court and explain it to the judge. Have the judge/ judges office place a call to the individual. IF he doesnt answer have the court place a writ of possesion on the car. The cops will deliver the writ to him personally for an appear to court. Keep a log of all phone calls and transaction paperwork.

DO NOT BE A HARD ASS and try to steal your car back. It will only result in you being arrested. Let the court system do there job. It will take a little longer but will result in the best results. I had a gent place a deposit on a truck i sold. He paid 1k down and was going to make the rest of the payments in $200 a month increments. He never paid. I took him to court. Judge ruled in my favor and I got to keep the 1k deposit. Judge told him to grow up and become a man.

D3UC3S
09-02-2009, 11:05 PM
Why would you give him the title????:eek:

If he owes you even a dollar...let him take the car but keep the dang title! He will have to pay up to truly own the car.

U basically just gave your car away...G/L and take that I.O.U. to the courthouse as soon as possible...go...NOW!!!

Tech5
09-03-2009, 12:17 AM
Your dumb for doing this, you get what dumb people deserve...The End

marcos713
09-03-2009, 12:22 AM

x2! giving him the title was stupid if he owed u money. hes the 1 that shud have gotten the bill of sale and u the title. but any GL on getting ur car bak :goodjob:

Austin?
09-03-2009, 11:16 AM

i just trust the wrong person.
i made deal with people all the time and i alway keep my word.