PDA

View Full Version : NEED TURBO/ VACUUM LINE HELP ON DA

Sneakyhatch
09-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Im needing some help figureing out my vacuum lines. I have a 93 GSR integra and just turboed it. Im running a external 38mm wastegate at 6lbs,HKS blowoff valve, FMU, stock inj, stock fuel pump. We are haveing a partial throttle boost issue. PUlls hard and runs fine under half throttle. Over half throttle it boggs down and stops making power. No sputter, no back fireing.

Wastegate seems to be opening and blowoff valve is working.We have triple checked to make sure the FMU is hooked up correct. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions on anything we can do or try? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

oneSLOWex
09-02-2009, 05:45 PM
anybody with any ideas please help anyway you can. . . We need to get this car running right!

Austin?
09-02-2009, 05:48 PM
anybody with any ideas please help anyway you can. . . We need to get this car running right!

yeah, somebody please help this dude with his car.:goodjob:

scttydb411
09-02-2009, 05:57 PM
ditch the fmu and get your ecu chipped and larger injectors.
1. stock injectors w/a fmu will eventually fail because you are pushing so much pressure at the head of the injector.
2. you have absolutely nothing to address the timing w/ just an fmu. you could buy and install a msd btm to retard timing under boost, but then you'll be paying $200-300 for that and i can get you a chipped ecu for $180.
3. colder spark plugs gapped to .028ish. ngk bkr7e is what i would suggest.
4. dyno tuning

call me with any questions. 678-614-3596. it looks like you're in chatt, i'm in the nw ga area a lot and could meet up w/ you if you needed to.

Barefoot
09-02-2009, 06:26 PM
1. stock injectors w/a fmu will eventually fail because you are pushing so much pressure at the head of the injector.
2. you have absolutely nothing to address the timing w/ just an fmu. you could buy and install a msd btm to retard timing under boost, but then you'll be paying $200-300 for that and i can get you a chipped ecu for $180.
4. dyno tuning

call me with any questions. 678-614-3596. it looks like you're in chatt, i'm in the nw ga area a lot and could meet up w/ you if you needed to.best advice u can get for free. listen to him.

dallasb84
09-03-2009, 01:27 AM
on six lbs it should not be doing this....

my thoughts are..

your blowing your spark out..... as soon as your fmu sees boost from 1/2 to full its dumping a shit ton of pressure.

lower the gap on the plugs. back the distributor a bit to retard. and if at all possible lean out the fmu.

if your running a 12:1 fmu.... your not gonna get it to run right..

in order to run a fmu you need to be able to read a plug, and adjust the limited amount of mechanical crap that you can like. plug gap, ignition timing, fuel pressure, ect.

best advice is to get it chipped and tuned but, like i said 6psi and a fmu can work just fine. been there and done it.

what kind of fmu u got

Truegiant
09-03-2009, 02:11 PM
4. dyno tuning

call me with any questions. 678-614-3596. it looks like you're in chatt, i'm in the nw ga area a lot and could meet up w/ you if you needed to.

x3

jdm>usdm
09-03-2009, 03:41 PM
4. dyno tuning

x4.

Scott knows everything there is to possibly know about boosted Hondas. It would be wise to listen.

TommyD1919
09-03-2009, 08:19 PM
completely agree with scott however I do think that there is something that can be done.. Before tuning was the norm we got by with FMUs, check valves, and such.. How is the map sensor setup? Def. run a colder plug with a tighter gap...Also you really need to know what the fuel pressure is doing under boost thats a old fuel pump you have there....