PDA

View Full Version : Military people please step inside....

Double_0_Rusty
09-01-2009, 08:57 PM
So, I am thinking about getting a new tattoo...I am not in the military, but what I want to get is the flag tattooed on my right arm, just as the patch on the uniforms, and in the exact spot. I have several family members, and close friends in the military, and if I understand correctly, the "reversed" flag means "honor is to your right" also meaning the wind is constantly blowing the flag as our country moves forward? That being said, would it be disrespectful to have it tattooed on me, just as it's stitched on the uniform? I am a patriotic American, and I want to honor my country, and all our soldiers overseas and here at home. Discuss

example in my sig

TheGodfather
09-01-2009, 08:59 PM
Saw this on your FB Rusty and think it's an awesome idea! I can't speak for military, but I also have alot of family in the military/were in it, but I feel it is a great way to honor America heroes.

Plus it would piss off all the anti war liberal hippies.

Echonova
09-01-2009, 09:01 PM
I like it, but IMO if you would have to explain it to others for them to understand... Meh.

But fuck what those communist leaning-Obama-voting fags have to say.

Double_0_Rusty
09-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks guys. I actually got the idea from the movie "Stop-loss". I am going to talk to my cousin, who has done 3 tours in Iraq, what he thinks. I see it as honoring them, and I am not worried about explaining it. To me that's what tattoos are about, stories.

BKgen®
09-01-2009, 09:07 PM
do you already have something on your left arm? if not, why not get another one there. it would make more sense. amirite? yesiam.

Double_0_Rusty
09-01-2009, 09:09 PM
do you already have something on your left arm? if not, why not get another one there. it would make more sense. amirite? yesiam.

meh....I like the one patch idea....Im thinking half sleeve on my left arm....but who knows....that's a good idea.

Brick
09-01-2009, 09:29 PM
I am a patriotic American, and I want to honor my country, and all our soldiers overseas and here at home. Discuss

Join the military and earn it.

Echonova
09-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Join the military and earn it.http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb47/thinkpink2111/Oh-snap.png

Double_0_Rusty
09-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Join the military and earn it.

Actually, I am real close to join. Thanks for answering my question though :goodjob:

Double_0_Rusty
09-01-2009, 09:38 PM
But fuck what those communist leaning-Obama-voting fags have to say.
:goodjob:

Brick
09-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Actually, I am real close to join.

Join, serve, get tattoo if you still want it. My only bit of advice for you is to go Active or don't go at all. Reserve and Guard are a bad choice for anyone who would like to experience an enjoyable and successful civilian life while still enlisted.

Evil Goat
09-01-2009, 09:42 PM
things done in honor of true heroes is not disrespectful

AFSil80
09-01-2009, 09:44 PM
As long as it's done in the spirit of honoring those who have served and fallen, props.

Double_0_Rusty
09-01-2009, 09:47 PM
Join, serve, get tattoo if you still want it. My only bit of advice for you is to go Active or don't go at all. Reserve and Guard are a bad choice for anyone who would like to experience an enjoyable and successful civilian life while still enlisted.

Yeah I gotcha. I had the pen in hand and papers in front of me to join the Marines when i was 18, but my mother gave me the quilt trip....so yeah, and I was In the AFROTC for 4 years in school, Lt Col. Angel.

BanginJimmy
09-01-2009, 09:47 PM
The shield always faces forward, like you have in your sig. As long as it is done correctly, rock with it.

Double_0_Rusty
09-01-2009, 09:48 PM
things done in honor of true heroes is not disrespectful

As long as it's done in the spirit of honoring those who have served and fallen, props.

Thanks guys! I have 5 cousins that have served/serving in Iraq, and about 10 guys I went to school with are over there.

Double_0_Rusty
09-01-2009, 09:50 PM
The shield always faces forward, like you have in your sig. As long as it is done correctly, rock with it.

Yep, and I have been reading up on the whole shield facing forward as if the wind were blowing it...all good intentions with this tat.

Echonova
09-01-2009, 09:53 PM
Yeah I gotcha. I had the pen in hand and papers in front of me to join the Marines when i was 18, but my mother gave me the quilt trip....so yeah, and I was In the AFROTC for 4 years in school, Lt Col. Angel.At least you got a quilt out of it...

Double_0_Rusty
09-02-2009, 11:31 AM
At least you got a quilt out of it...

LULZ

:cry:

J-ROCK
09-02-2009, 11:41 AM
i say go for it!

skillzilla
09-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Spend the money on care packages for deployed soldiers, they will thank you more for batteries and baby wipes. Trust.

Double_0_Rusty
09-02-2009, 04:45 PM
Spend the money on care packages for deployed soldiers, they will thank you more for batteries and baby wipes. Trust.

Who says that I don't already?

BlueLude94
09-04-2009, 02:16 AM

I guess you've already got this figured out, but it is to symbolize the flag as if you were running into battle. I've been in the military for 3 yrs now at first I wanted something liek that but the whole patriotic tattoo phase has worn off and now its just my job, you don't she the manager of McDonalds getting the golden arches tattooed on his ass. but more power to you, I say all tattoos should be for you, and whatever someone wants to permanently put on their body is up to them

Currently posting from my second tour in Iraq

FAM0U5
09-04-2009, 05:09 AM
I guess you've already got this figured out, but it is to symbolize the flag as if you were running into battle. I've been in the military for 3 yrs now at first I wanted something liek that but the whole patriotic tattoo phase has worn off and now its just my job, you don't she the manager of McDonalds getting the golden arches tattooed on his ass. but more power to you, I say all tattoos should be for you, and whatever someone wants to permanently put on their body is up to them

going along to what he said, tattoos are for you and if you feel that you want it go for it.

Double_0_Rusty
09-04-2009, 06:54 AM

I see your point, and I respect that. I am still getting it, to honor y'all fighting over there, and because I like the design. Thanks for your service, and come home safe.

skillzilla
09-04-2009, 02:07 PM

I didn't, but from your defensive tone I can tell you feel you should be doing more.

You're Welcome,

Dr. Phil

§treet_§peed
09-04-2009, 02:12 PM
lol i tried to join. but i have to many traffic tickets.

Double_0_Rusty
09-04-2009, 03:56 PM
I didn't, but from your defensive tone I can tell you feel you should be doing more.

You're Welcome,

Dr. Phil

LOL @ defensive tone

dohc4.6sc
09-08-2009, 10:09 PM
LOL @ defensive tone

Do it Rusty, I am getting my name and U.S. ARMY tatted where the patches are on my acu top. I odnt care what other people have said about earning it, support is where its at and what keeps us all going.

Spc. Puckett.

xxbckiexx
09-08-2009, 10:30 PM
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/8201/yeaf.jpg

hung up the towel. you guys enjoy your service, i know i did.

dohc4.6sc
09-08-2009, 10:33 PM
http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/8201/yeaf.jpg

hung up the towel. you guys enjoy your service, i know i did.

mine looks about like that, minus the airborne, ranger, and special forces, and unit patch. lol. i am with the 25th id though and i must say hawaii is nice.

Double_0_Rusty
09-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Gone to get this tat tonight...will post it later.

Double_0_Rusty
09-10-2009, 08:11 PM
DONE!!! Got it cheap too...