PDA

View Full Version : Who is still advertizing on Glenn Beck? Funny you should ask....

Total_Blender
09-01-2009, 10:25 AM
http://gawker.com/5340983/whos-still-advertising-on-glenn-beck

Extenze

Breze anti-snoring strips

Imogen oxygen concentrator

The Atkins Mears company (mesothelioma hotline)

Snoring, portable oxygen, mesothelioma. Just confirms what I thought... Beck's viewers are mouthbreathers (who probably also have tiny penises). Seriously though... Beck is so sleazy that Billy Mays' infomercial company and personal injury lawyers don't even want to advertise on his show. :lmfao:

BanginJimmy
09-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Aren't these the same people that advertise on MSNBC?

Total_Blender
09-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Aren't these the same people that advertise on MSNBC?

Among others... I mean you see ads for foods, resturaunts, auto insurance, spots both for and against the healthcare debate, etc etc.

Apparently all you see on Beck's show are the "lowest common denominator" ads like those above and Fox's spots for their own shows to fill in the holes.

Most advertisers buy spots from Fox and aren't told their ads run during Beck's show. When the companies who do buy Fox ads find out they usually have their ads placed elsewhere on Fox's programming. So Fox really isn't losing advertising money on the whole, but they have a big hole in the particular timeslot of the Glenn Beck show.

BanginJimmy
09-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Not really a surprise to me. I was never much of a Beck fan. He just goes off on too many tyraids for me.

Its funny though, Beck still gets about 1/3 more viewers than all other cable news shows COMBINED in his time slot. I guess the only people tuning him out are the advertisers because he still has people watching the show.

You may head back to land of denial now.

Total_Blender
09-02-2009, 08:39 AM
I will occasionally tune into Glenn Beck for the lols. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer, etc :lmfao:

BanginJimmy
09-02-2009, 10:14 AM
I will occasionally tune into Glenn Beck for the lols. Keep your friends close and your enemies closer, etc :lmfao:

If this was the case Beck would have ratings like Olberman, not better than all other channels combined.