PDA

View Full Version : Misc For the people who date or already in a relationship

Tasuki_Civic
08-31-2009, 03:52 PM
A group of friends and I meet up every sunday and cook, drink wine, and just chat it up.....so we came across the topic of when and when NOT to answer your phone when your with your other half.

two situations were brought up........(mind you, you dont know the topic b4 you answer the phone)

1) If you are with your main shawty or spouse and its 2am. You could be wide awake or sleep, the phone rings. Its the opposite sex. You pick up the phone to wonder why the hell this person is calling you at that time bc its not normal, at all, for anyone (not even that person) to call at such an hour. You answer, and the person is upset bc they found out that their family member has died....not able to reach their Spouse to talk about the news (bc they didnt call them back) and had already discuss the matter with family but they needed a friend to talk to.

would you?........

a) answer the phone and talk to them about the situation bc they need to vent however long they need to? Cuz you knew the family memeber as well.

b) answer the phone, ask what happened, let them vent for 10 min or less, then hang up?

or

c) dont answer the call and have them leave a message, no matter how close they are, they should know better than to call you that late. it can wait till tomorrow.

which one do you choose and why?

00CelicaGT
08-31-2009, 04:35 PM
A group of friends and I meet up every sunday and cook, drink wine, and just chat it up.....so we came across the topic of when and when NOT to answer your phone when your with your other half.

two situations were brought up........(mind you, you dont know the topic b4 you answer the phone)

1) If you are with your main shawty or spouse and its 2am. You could be wide awake or sleep, the phone rings. Its the opposite sex. You pick up the phone to wonder why the hell this person is calling you at that time bc its not normal, at all, for anyone (not even that person) to call at such an hour. You answer, and the person is upset bc they found out that their family member has died....not able to reach their Spouse to talk about the news (bc they didnt call them back) and had already discuss the matter with family but they needed a friend to talk to.

would you?........

a) answer the phone and talk to them about the situation bc they need to vent however long they need to? Cuz you knew the family memeber as well.

b) answer the phone, ask what happened, let them vent for 10 min or less, then hang up?

or

c) dont answer the call and have them leave a message, no matter how close they are, they should know better than to call you that late. it can wait till tomorrow.

which one do you choose and why?

if it's a friend not an associate, i would defiantly answer. so i guess i would choose A.

if it was an associate i probably wouldnt answer.

Julio
08-31-2009, 05:47 PM
this answsers my question why you didnt pick up when I drunked called you the other night =/

FAM0U5
09-02-2009, 01:56 PM
Ill pick reguardless, which leads me to many troubles....

Sammich
09-02-2009, 01:58 PM
LOL I NEVER ANSWER WHEN IM W/ MY OTHER HALF...EVER LOL

realtwenty
09-02-2009, 06:49 PM
I always answer the phone when its late...could be an emergency.... I have a bad habit of answering the phone during sex which my ex gf hated. I didnt see the problem. IT COULD BE AN EMERGENCY

The Ninja
09-02-2009, 07:29 PM
LOL...look its Jesus in a box!!!

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1358/540353985_ceb22b372e.jpg

On-Topic: Probably B, but awake and chillin with your other half vs awake and having sex with your other half are 2 different things...

Tasuki_Civic
09-03-2009, 10:59 PM
this answsers my question why you didnt pick up when I drunked called you the other night =/

(giggles) oops i sowry...it was on vibrate

I always answer the phone when its late...could be an emergency.... I have a bad habit of answering the phone during sex which my ex gf hated. I didnt see the problem. IT COULD BE AN EMERGENCY

during sex? not a good look..... i'd be your ex as well pullin a stunt like that.

i would answer the phone cuz i would think it was an emergency. pple respect my phone unless i give them the say so to call me that late. but many disagree.

LizBiz
09-04-2009, 09:48 AM
I'd pick a combo between A and B. It all depends on who is calling. If it's a good friend A, but if it's like an associate B (that's if I answer the phone for um).

I feel like if I got to hide something from my SO (significant other) then I shouldn't be doing it to begin with. It's 2am and my friend is calling, nothing good happens after midnight so I should already have an idea that something is wrong when i hear my phone ring. It's That whole situation is not even all that serious. Nothing to get mad over. I could see if it's the middle of the day and we are chillin, he gets up and leaves the room to talk on the phone....that's a no no. Every guy should know that. LOL.

Tasuki_Civic
09-07-2009, 09:57 PM
yea your right... i agree Liz

but i just think if its in the middle of the night and its a friend than there is nothing wrong picking and talkin infront of the other half if there is no (huggin, qt or what have) going on.

but others think otherwise

GIXXERDK
09-08-2009, 12:07 AM
Unless its a family member I don't pick up. If its important enough they will leave a message.

jmmx258
09-08-2009, 08:54 AM
Lol, I've done that before. It was like midnight, had been gettin down with this girl I had been talkin to for a while. About 15 mins in, I was kinda bored already haha, luckily my phone rang. It was another girl I was talking to at the time.

2nd girl said "Hey, wanna go to taco bell and stop at the bar?" I said yep! Told other girl my friend got a flat tire and had to go help him out, that I'd call her later.

Thankfully, I never talked to her again.

I never answer my phone, ever. Unless I'm actually expecting the call.