PDA

View Full Version : Power Mods Greddy Turbo kit question??

patch515
08-31-2009, 11:31 AM
i have a greddy kit for my ep3 and i was told by a guy on ephatch "the spring in the wastegate on the kit will regulate it at 7psi if its revhard or greddy. if you want that changed you need a boost controller" is that true?? so the only way to get more the 7psi is with a controller?

-also i know you need at least 2.5 exhaust for it to breathe well and all but my question is if i go have a 2.5 catback put on will that work or do i have to find someone who can delete my cat up to the downpipe?

scttydb411
08-31-2009, 03:23 PM
if the wg is 7psi, then the only way to increase it is w/ a boost control or chaning out the spring/wg to a higher psi one.

patch515
08-31-2009, 03:28 PM
ok sounds good thanks...now need help on exhaust

whatever210
08-31-2009, 06:30 PM
i have a greddy kit for my ep3 and i was told by a guy on ephatch "the spring in the wastegate on the kit will regulate it at 7psi if its revhard or greddy. if you want that changed you need a boost controller" is that true?? so the only way to get more the 7psi is with a controller?

-also i know you need at least 2.5 exhaust for it to breathe well and all but my question is if i go have a 2.5 catback put on will that work or do i have to find someone who can delete my cat up to the downpipe?
cat could be kept on. should be fine if you want to quite it down and you may be able to pass emission depending on tune after you boost it. but yes 2.5 should be fine. i run 3 inch but im also running 15lbs.